Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you do to annoy others

Comments

• deliberately asking people who have "reserved" the seat next to them with a bag on the train if they can move their bag so that I can sit down, even if there are other seats available.
    That’s a duty, teach the feckers a lesson. 
  • Tell People that I’m going on holiday tomorrow. 

By the way I’m going on holiday tomorrow to Lanzarote. Can’t wait 😜 
    Point out that when people say “can’t wait“ that they’re being incorrect because obviously they do have to wait.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Introduce my missus as 'my first wife'
    I once referred to my partner as 'my current girlfriend' in front of a client. He wisely advised me that if i used that phrase in front of her the phrase would very quickly be incorrect.
  • Tapping / drumming my feet. 
  • edited October 11
    IdleHans said:
    Whenever I open the fridge or freezer I say "cool" and do a stupid thumbs up. Whenever I get the cheese grater out of the cupboard i say "grate" in a birmingham accent, just because it amuses me no end. Nobody even needs to be present for these things to happen, as long as the dog is somewhere about. The cheese grater is his favourite utensil anyway. I swear that dog can hear it coming out of the cupboard and distinguish it from any other implement even when he's upstairs. By the time i say grate, he's at the kitchen door asking for cheese.
    I am known for not putting the butter back in the fridge, which i am reminded about every time Mrs Idle goes into the kitchen and shouts "Butter!" at the top of her voice. Apparently that annoys her.
    Any mention of any place in the midlands sets me off on a long impromptu monologue in a fake Brummie accent that will likely include references to "Doodlei Zoological Gaardens", "Coom on the Villa", "That Peter Kay bloke broke down by the RAC centre in Walsall" and "do you remember that Ted Chippington bloke, chief" and so on. The family play along and pretend it's funny, but I'm sure they hate it. Iwy muss just say thow, it's absolutely brulliant now that Lee Carsley is England manager. The fun just never stops in our ouse.    
  • edited October 11
    Cry on the train on my way to work.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 11
    muppetman said:

Holding my wife’s hand in public and dropping half a step behind, and then start walking like a chimpanzee to see how long it takes her to notice. That really annoys her!  :D

Holding my wife's hand in public, dropping half a step behind, and then start walking like a chimpanzee to see how long it takes her to notice, whilst making Cheetah noises, and flinging my dung at passers-by with my spare hand. That really annoys her! ;)
  • Hal1x said:
    muppetman said:

Holding my wife’s hand in public and dropping half a step behind, and then start walking like a chimpanzee to see how long it takes her to notice. That really annoys her!  :D

Holding my wife's hand in public, dropping half a step behind, and then start walking like a chimpanzee to see how long it takes her to notice, whilst making Cheetah noises, and flinging my dung at passers-by with my spare hand. That really annoys her! ;)
    I can’t LOL this enough.
    I am in tears, picturing the look of horror on her face if I did that!
  • muppetman said:
    Hal1x said:
    muppetman said:

I can’t LOL this enough.
    I am in tears, picturing the look of horror on her face if I did that!
    Do you know his wife well enough to hold her hand?
  • Jumping out and scaring the Mrs
  • edited October 11
    My mates at work telling me to put the kettle on and me saying " It wont fit me " . Used that one for years 
  • Anything I do that annoys my wife is, apparently, done deliberately. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll start - driving at a few mph under the speed limit for as long as possible when someone tailgates you.
    I had to resort to this today!

Always fun.
  • "afternoon" or "half day is it?" if i arrive before or leave after a colleague
  • IdleHans said:
    Not something I do now, but fully intend to do when I’m retired: go to the shops at lunch time and leave my cart in the middle of the aisle while doddering around looking for two for the price of one offers!
    Dont forget to try to settle up with a handful of tatty and largely expired newspaper vouchers for things you havent even bought, and pay with handfuls of coins, counted out while the checkout bod sighs loudly and rolls their eyes. Helps if you turn to the building queue behind you and apologise insincerely while smirking inwardly. Goes without saying really, but if paying by card make sure you forget your PIN number until the last attempt, for which you've rummaged your spectacles out of an almost bottomless shopping bag. All this best applies at the 10 items or less 'quick' checkout, of course, even though youve got at least 20.
    Have to make your own entertainment when youre retired.

I do all of this now, and I'm still working.
  • This one's old but will work for generations. Refer to a boy's action figures as dolls.