Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 14th September 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

2»

Comments

• According to 11V11 ...  

• Think we need a good win with no last minute goals just so that Steve Evans can start to believe we might be a top 6 team. The Slop do frustrate and their manager I still remember as the odious idiot from the play offs. Wheels back on, 2-0 to the Addicks.
  • Can we get a front two who can score before chuks comes on please
  • clive said:
    I am surprised that we don't have a better record against Shrewsbury .. a nice neat 11W 11L 11D will not be so neat after tomorrow
    Good luck finding many teams we have a better or decent head-to-head against. Ironically, we have a good record against the current best side in the country. It's poor viewing comparing us to most other teams however. 

Go down every single team and it's hard to find a team we have beaten more times than they've beat us. 

Only decent sized clubs I know we have a good head to head against is Man City, Bristol City, Birmingham City, Hull City, Leicester City, and Norwich City. Apparently we seem to have a bit of luck against the 'City' clubs. Some dreadful records otherwise. 
  • Remember that nonsense under the Squeaky Scouser a good few years back:
    “Something happened in the dressing room at HT which I’ve not seen in all my years of football”
    Can you remember what that was ?

if we are serious about going up, this has to be a win.  
  • 1:0 to the Charlton I think
  • clive said:
    I am surprised that we don't have a better record against Shrewsbury .. a nice neat 11W 11L 11D will not be so neat after tomorrow
    Good luck finding many teams we have a better or decent head-to-head against. Ironically, we have a good record against the current best side in the country. It's poor viewing comparing us to most other teams however. 

Go down every single team and it's hard to find a team we have beaten more times than they've beat us. 

Only decent sized clubs I know we have a good head to head against is Man City, Bristol City, Birmingham City, Hull City, Leicester City, and Norwich City. Apparently we seem to have a bit of luck against the 'City' clubs. Some dreadful records otherwise. 
    Portsmouth City too. 
  • I came on here to say I hate playing at their place & thought we always do poorly up there. Then just seen past results & now not so sad.....although I still cant forget that cup game in 2010. 3-0 up after no time at all & then went on to lose.

Oh to dream about scoring 3 in a game, let alone before half time. 

Coconuts. ( 0-0 )
  • 0-1. Back to winning ways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Expecting a win here. 0-1 Charlton.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Almost misread the refs name as Sebastian Sainsbury. There's a name from takeover threads of old! 

Shrewsbury always seems to be bogey ground for us, hopefully we can get a convincing win tomorrow.

0-2 Godden and Ramsey. 
    I can't say I've ever heard of Sebastian Stockbridge before, but his name does sound like that of a fictional Hooray Henry.
  • Not listed on William Hill's list of Saturday matches at the time of writing this, which is a nice reminder that we are still an invisible force with some corporate entities.
    The invisible force has been uncloaked…

• clive said:

Portsmouth City too. 
    Despite our recent positive history vs them, the history books still show Pompey have won more. 
  • Really hope the boys can dig out a win.
  • Even if we were mid-lower mid table I would hope to win this one.
    Easier said than done
  • Going optimistic 0-2 to us. COYR
  • TC’s 21st birthday today, changed my mind on goalscorers, he’ll score today to kick off his celebrations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrewsbury are the type of team that will sit back and defend and it will be down to us to break them down.  I think it is a bit strong to say this is a must win game, but is a game that can show our promotion credentials. These will be shown if our very efficient but workmanlike midfield can show the creativity to break down a  team that is only looking to keep a clean sheet or score against the run ov play.

These are the type of teams (Poundshop Rotherham) who we have struggled to get points out of in recent seasons. If we are to finish in top 6 these are the grounds we need 3 point from.
  • I think the Shrews are going to struggle to stay up this season and if we are to compete in and around the top 6, it is a game we simply have to stamp our authority and greater quality on. 3-0 away win. Less than a win would concern me and that is not being disrespectful to Shrewsbury, but we have the tools to get this job done and done well. 
  • Feeling confident, 4-0 win with 4 different scorers
  • Moderately optimistic that we'll grind out a win today. It might take our subs to do it though, as our bench is a definite advantage against most of the teams in this division.
  • Good preview, I reckon it's gonna be either 0-0 or 1 nil to us (heart hopes) 

Hopefully this is the real outcome though, along with a win: 

He'll miss a 94th minute penalty to miss out on his hat trick now
  • I’m not expecting a pulsating game today. It will be down to us to try and break them down. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if it’s a dire 0-0 unless our subs can come on and do the business late on
  • Someone on Twitter is claiming they’ve seen the teamsheet and Chuks is starting. Assume this is bollocks but anyone know for sure?
  • edited September 14
    JaShea99 said:
    Someone on Twitter is claiming they’ve seen the teamsheet and Chuks is starting. Assume this is bollocks but anyone know for sure?
    There is a logic to it as you can bring him off whenever he needs to be brought off and it might help Ahadme to come on later in a game.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Someone on Twitter is claiming they’ve seen the teamsheet and Chuks is starting. Assume this is bollocks but anyone know for sure?
    NJ always says that Chucks needs to be managed carefully so I can’t see it myself, would be interesting though to see how Gas plays against a tired defence but to me I think it’s bollocks. 

Seems to work currently with Chucks and another coming on at 60 so can’t see it changing… but we will find out in 20 mins or so!