Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comfortable win?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
According to Sky round-up anyway (though not ncessarily our old friend Paul Walsh). When was the laat time we had one of those? Especially away from home in the cup?

Comments

• Options
    first half was played like a pre-season game (well, for us it seemd that way) Swindon put us under some pressure for the first 20 mins or so, but without really testing Weaver (1 shot he has to save)

2nd half we played a lot better, more cohesive and a lot more positive. LLoyd Sam gets better and better every game and wonder why he didn't play last year instead of Rommedahl. Mcleod had a few shots that tested their keeper and marcus again showed well with his commitment - my only fault with him tonight was that he should have been more greedy and gone for goal himself instead of the lay-offs that lead to our goals.
  • Options
    cheers Golfie, you'll be pleased to know that pretty much mirrored what Browny was saying on the radio.
  • Options
    went to a show last night and got home dead on 12 to see the goals round up on sky sports news. They showed every single goal apart from our 2 !!! some things never change!!!!
  • Options
    I watched Sky Sports News last night and saw the roundup and, yes opurs was the only one they didn't show! Watched it for 40 minutes this morning still nothing.
  • Options
    But you can guarantee that had we lost 2-0 they would have been showing the goals at the start of every bulletin...
  • Options
    The 7:40 sports news on BBC1 this mornnig didn't even mention the Carling Cup, not even Morecambe's win.
  • Options
    Anyone else on here go last night, and can give a brief run down of how we did ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I watched Sky Sports News last night and saw the roundup and, yes opurs was the only one they didn't show! Watched it for 40 minutes this morning still nothing.

still watching now and I think I've seen every goal bar ours !!!
  • Options
    Weaver – Solid, although wrongly chose not to come for crosses in the windy 1st half
    Moo2 – usual energy, several times ran 70 yards to overlap Sam who then went inside
    Bougherra/Fortune combined well but need to attack anything in the air.
    Powell – uncharacteristically a few mistakes but lacked cover
    Sam – caused mayhem at times, but yet to see a lofted cross. His driven ones are mustard though.
    Semedo – outstanding, how long can we keep him. Brilliant vision & close control.
    Ambrose – goal and a shot apart, largely anonymous. Went to Matt Holland school of tackling.
    Reid – played most of match inside, tried to pass to long so rarely found a blue shirt
    Bent – accepted no Prem side wants him, seems determined to be top striker in CCC, chased all night long, held ball up, looked a handful.
    McLeod – played too wide, possibly to compensate for Reid, but some dangerous runs & shots.
    Subs - Dickson an offside goal ruled out, looked dangerous, hard to see why he isn’t on the verge of the side. Iwelumo, the worst striker to wear the shirt for a long time. Sinclair – keen but lacks quality.
  • Options
    cheers AG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite] Iwelumo, the worst striker to wear the shirt for a long time.

seen him twice only I know but inclined to agree.
  • Options
    only two subs appearances, try not to be too harsh on the lad (some players read this!), he showed he can score in this league - likely to be down the pecking order though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Moo2 – usual energy, several times ran 70 yards to overlap Sam who then went inside.
    Semedo – outstanding, how long can we keep him. Brilliant vision & close control.

Looks like two excellent signings from Pards, Motorkill was in demand from PL clubs but we pursuaded him to come here, and Semedo looks like a brilliant bit of scouting etc. - esp. since he was a defender before.
  • Options
    I'm expecting big things from Racoon as well as i'm presumed he comes from the same scouting network.
  • Options
    Whoever the scouts were that found Moo2 and Semedo it has to be said they've done brilliantly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'm expecting big things from Racoon as well as i'm presumed he comes from the same scouting network.

can we call him rocky!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Whoever the scouts were that found Moo2 and Semedo it has to be said they've done brilliantly!

About bleedin time too!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Did they also find El Kak & Diawara?

Can't blame them though, for Faye & Traore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Did they also find El Kak & Diawara?

All old regime signings. Phil Haverson is the main man now.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So who found Cory Gibbs? They deserve a medal too, cos none of us can find him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]went to a show last night and got home dead on 12 to see the goals round up on sky sports news. They showed every single goal apart from our 2 !!! some things never change!!!!

There is a Carling Cup round up programme on ITV (Late Thursday night I believe..). Maybe we are the main game and therefore, skysports are contractually obligated not to show our goals..?
  • Options
    Cheers Paddy i been searchin for round up programme everywhere and not found one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Cheers Paddy i been searchin for round up programme everywhere and not found one.

I'm not sure which regions are showing it - I'm in HTV West (Swindon, Brizzle City/Rovers) country, and although I'm sure I've seen it advertised, the one TV guide I've got doesn't have it listed.
  • Options
    with all those pen shoot outs, doubt it.. its more likely swindon is such a hike and a washout they didnt get any footage.
  • Options
    I've found this..

Thursday 16 Aug - Carling Cup highlights, ITV4, 11.45pm
  • Options
    Sounds a plan, prob wont show us anyway!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Did they also find El Kak & Diawara?

All old regime signings. Phil Haverson is the main man now.

Thanks for that, Henry.

Well, he's picked up 2 or 3 quality signings. I guess he's one of Pardew's old school that he's brought with him.
    Any potted history on Phil Haverson and other players he's 'discovered'.

I don't suppose too many of us know anything much about him.
  • Options
    Swindon Town - The ground has seen better days. Somehow the rain kept away.
  • Options
    Reidy's first attempt at the pen shaky photographika!
  • Options
    Reidy's pen that counted.