Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dan Potts joins on short term contract

Comments

• Concerning that he didn't play at all last season, in terms of bargaining power with clubs, he would be in a much worse place than Berry who played and scored in the PL.
    On the brightside... He's well rested
    and injury free...
  • Happy with this but out of curiosity, I wonder why this took so long?
  • Concerning that he didn't play at all last season, in terms of bargaining power with clubs, he would be in a much worse place than Berry who played and scored in the PL.
    On the brightside... He's well rested
    and injury free...
    So far!!
  • Why hasn't he played in a year? Understand why it's only a short term contract 
  • edited September 6
    Why hasn't he played in a year? Understand why it's only a short term contract 
    https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/lutons-long-serving-promotion-winner-suffers-a-nasty-hamstring-injury-4539783

Three injuries back to back to back since last season’s pre season. Ankle ligament, hamstring, hamstring.
  • Chunes said:
    Until Jan because we're not sure or he's not sure?
    I think the club and player have been quite a long way apart on wages. Perhaps this is a solution where the clubs gives him an opportunity to ensure he stays fit and perhaps gets the chance to do better than us come January and in return the player takes wages that we can agree to.
    We were some way apart on wages I reckon we are paying five figure sum for him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Until Jan because we're not sure or he's not sure?
    I think the club and player have been quite a long way apart on wages. Perhaps this is a solution where the clubs gives him an opportunity to ensure he stays fit and perhaps gets the chance to do better than us come January and in return the player takes wages that we can agree to.
    We were some way apart on wages I reckon we are paying five figure sum for him 
    I’d be astonished if we are. Half would be a lot for a player out of contract and with no last seasons games. 
  • Won't be long before we should change our name to Luton 2019
  • How many ex Luton is that now?  Just Potts, Berry, Campbell?
    Luton……….. this season’s Swindon 
  • Good squad depth with the quality to be first choice. Just a question of where he is sharpness wise. With Kanu and Anderson away tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if there's a place for Potts on the bench.

I would not be surprised if we don't see him much. And I would not be surprised if he's first choice LCB by the end of the month. Don't really know what to expect, but we know there is quality there. 
  • Nathan Jones: "I'm getting the band back together".
    The Nathan Jonestown Massacre
    Jo-asis
  • edited September 6
    Oops, wrong thread. 
    Maybe getting Pirlo's wages off the book?
    But we paid him up/off (not sure if fully), so in reality his wages are in the book as opposed to off the book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hylton to sign same contract as Potts
    Maybe getting Pirlo's wages off the book?
    But we paid him up/off (not sure if fully), so in reality his wages are in the book as opposed to off the book.
    I’d imagine we are paying him the full amount every week until he finds another club and then we’ll just be picking up the difference.

other clubs will know this and lowball their offers knowing he’s not going to be out of pocket 
  • ross1 said:
    Hylton to sign same contract as Potts
    They sharing the money?
    OK, similar 😁
  • Just read that he was diagnosed with leukemia at 12 years of age, and given the all clear at 16. Fair play to him for the career he's had.

Yann was a similar situation and that's why he had the incentive to play long into his 30's after missing 4 years of his teenage career.
  • So the transfer window ended shooting saw dust?

• Shrewd business..nothing to lose and everything to be gained by both parties 
  • ross1 said:
    Hylton to sign same contract as Potts
    Saves on paper I guess.
  • The most important thing is, what's his squad number?
  • edited September 7
    sam3110 said:
    The most important thing is, what's his squad number?
    15 according to the Sky Sports app. A reasonable choice for a CB.