Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brown And Lisbie Head Up New Ex-Players Association

124»

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:
    sam3110 said:

From Euell's Instagram 
    Going to be seriously impressed if anyone can name that lot!

Any attempts?
    Not going to play as I have an unfair advantage but there are six non-players in the photo 

Sue Gallop far left, Gavin Carter next to her, Jason Morgan sitting down far left, woman who's name I don't know third from left in seats, Lucy McNicholls far right sitting down, Steve Sutherland standing next to her and Jim Rodwell third right.

Also three youth team players
    ‘Woman whose name you don’t know third from left’ is an ex player.  Kim Dixson, was a player for about 11 years and captain for many of those.
    She coaches my daughter's U15s Welling Utd team now
    Think Kim Dixson also runs the crime prevention department for the community trust too
  • edited October 16
    So does he not own the hotel in Belize any more?

Re Fish and Bartlett am I correct in thinking they introduced that pre-match warm up we used to do. I used to enjoy watching that but can't really remember what they did now.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    sam3110 said:

From Euell's Instagram 
    Going to be seriously impressed if anyone can name that lot!

Any attempts?
    Not going to play as I have an unfair advantage but there are six non-players in the photo 

Sue Gallop far left, Gavin Carter next to her, Jason Morgan sitting down far left, woman who's name I don't know third from left in seats, Lucy McNicholls far right sitting down, Steve Sutherland standing next to her and Jim Rodwell third right.

Also three youth team players
    ‘Woman whose name you don’t know third from left’ is an ex player.  Kim Dixson, was a player for about 11 years and captain for many of those.
    She coaches my daughter's U15s Welling Utd team now
    Think Kim Dixson also runs the crime prevention department for the community trust too
    Crime won’t crack itself 

• Think Kim Dixson also runs the crime prevention department for the community trust too
    She's also involved in Welling girls. I got an email from her a few weeks ago regarding our fixture with them! She didn't seem that impressed that I knew who she was though! :(

• ct_addick said:
    No JJ?
    I don't think that would go down too well with Wimbledon supporters...
  • Hal1x said:
    So does he not own the hotel in Belize any more?

Re Fish and Bartlett am I correct in thinking they introduced that pre-match warm up we used to do. I used to enjoy watching that but can't really remember what they did now.

Green Dragon Belize.  They are still on the website so assume they still own it but have others looking after it.
  • edited October 17
    ct_addick said:
    No JJ?
    No, he's finnished with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 17
    ct_addick said:
    No JJ?
    No, he's finnished with us.
    That brings back memories of the Antti Niemi joke 😉
  • ct_addick said:
    No JJ?
    Couldn't make it, his legs have gone  ;)
  • I suppose there's a few not interested,  J.Jackson,Paul Walsh,Hales,Flanagan,anyone asked Peter Reeves,even Billy Bonds.Is the real Alan Campbell alive still. Nicky Johns
    ,Les Berry suppose not interested to.
  • edited 5:02AM
    Delfin said:
    I suppose there's a few not interested,  J.Jackson,Paul Walsh,Hales,Flanagan,anyone asked Peter Reeves,even Billy Bonds.Is the real Alan Campbell alive still. Nicky Johns
    I would imagine it takes a lot of time.  Some are old and probably don’t want to come . Others maybe are uncontactable but for the most part I think they probably won’t go back that far which would be a shame . 
  • Delfin said:
    I suppose there's a few not interested,  J.Jackson,Paul Walsh,Hales,Flanagan,anyone asked Peter Reeves,even Billy Bonds.Is the real Alan Campbell alive still. Nicky Johns
    I thought that I heard that Les Berry had passed away, not certain as it was a fair while ago, probably over 10 years now.
  • edited 5:29AM
    Delfin said:
    I thought that I heard that Les Berry had passed away, not certain as it was a fair while ago, probably over 10 years now.
    Les Berry is still alive - he’s 68 now 
  • It's very new.

Brown and Lisbie had just 7 weeks from the idea to the launch.

Since nothing has been done for years that is pretty good IMHO 

Yes, the people at the launch were mainly people from the premier league era as they were in SB and KL's address books but but it wasn't only them. Others were invited but couldn't come, others still need to be contacted and now the EPA exists that is easier to do.  No one is excluded

I know very senior players are being contacted as I've passed on details of two just last week.

If you build it, they will come.
  • edited 6:07AM
    It's very new.

Brown and Lisbie had just 7 weeks from the idea to the launch.

Since nothing has been done for years that is pretty good IMHO 

Yes, the people at the launch were mainly people from the premier league era as they were in SB and KL's address books but but it wasn't only them. Others were invited but couldn't come, others still need to be contacted and now the EPA exists that is easier to do.  No one is excluded

I know very senior players are being contacted as I've passed on details of two just last week.

If you build it, they will come.
    Go the distance