Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brown And Lisbie Head Up New Ex-Players Association

Comments

• As a bit of an extra pre-match treat the Club 1905 lounge is getting a short interview with an ex-player each match.  So far, we've had John Humphrey (who is an occasional attendee anyway) and George Shipley. It will be interesting to see who else pitches up and whether they can be signed up to the Association.
  • I had an email advertising a Question and Answer session in the fans bar before the Birmingham game. Fifteen quid is the charge to raise money for (good cause) the ex players association.
    What is funny about the sales pitch is they blithely say ‘food included’.
    I don’t trust that bit.
  • seth plum said:
    I had an email advertising a Question and Answer session in the fans bar before the Birmingham game. Fifteen quid is the charge to raise money for (good cause) the ex players association.
    I don’t trust that bit.
    I think this email should be flagged up and posted in the Fans' Bar thread. Anyone willing to do it , please ? 

There will be people arriving as usual for the 12noon opening , unaware of the "change of business" on that matchday.

OK. The monies received will be going to a good cause but why not arrange the Q & A after the match ? If it's raining, the Fan Zone won't be popular , especially for those with children, and we know how ill equipped Bartrams is ie size wise. 

£30 for the Fanackapans is a definite NO, plus the cost of our drinks. And our 2 grandkids that normally accompany us won't know the 2 guests ...and will cost a further £30 for a warm, dry space for the 2+ hours before kick off. 

Really think this hasn't been  thought out. 
  • seth plum said:
    I had an email advertising a Question and Answer session in the fans bar before the Birmingham game. Fifteen quid is the charge to raise money for (good cause) the ex players association.
    I don’t trust that bit.
    I think this email should be flagged up and posted in the Fans' Bar thread. Anyone willing to do it , please ? 

There will be people arriving as usual for the 12noon opening , unaware of the "change of business" on that matchday.

OK. The monies received will be going to a good cause but why not arrange the Q & A after the match ? If it's raining, the Fan Zone won't be popular , especially for those with children, and we know how ill equipped Bartrams is ie size wise. 

£30 for the Fanackapans is a definite NO, plus the cost of our drinks. And our 2 grandkids that normally accompany us won't know the 2 guests ...and will cost a further £30 for a warm, dry space for the 2+ hours before kick off. 

Really think this hasn't been  thought out. 
    Done.
  • Really pleased to see that this has been done. Ex-players need a bit of support I would have thought and keeping the connection with the club feeds into our fabric. Hopefully more ex-players sign-up soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ammann only played 31 games for us. Very surprised by that. 
  • Stewart said:
    Ammann only played 31 games for us. Very surprised by that. 
    were we spoilt with other keepers then?.
  • edited September 27
    Hal1x said:
    Stewart said:
    Ammann only played 31 games for us. Very surprised by that. 
    were we spoilt with other keepers then?.
    For the 2 seasons he was with us it was between Salmon, Pettersom and himself 

Mike actually made his debut replacing the injured Salmon at home v Barnsley in the first home league game of the season 
  • Always likes always liked him as a player - seems like a nice bloke as well…
  • You can follow them on Twitter/X

@CAFCExPlayers
  • Is it only ex-keepers who are allowed to visit the training ground?
  • Anybody on here go to the Fish and Bartlett Q and A?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone here attend Andy Hunt speaking in the 1905 Lounge on Saturday? Interested in what he had to say. 
  • Saw that Jorge Costa liked that picture (without the cup) on Instagram, be great if he joined 
  • edited October 7

God I'm slow sometimes, only just got it! derrrrrrr
  • McBobbin said:
    Saw that Jorge Costa liked that picture (without the cup) on Instagram, be great if he joined 
    He has previously said when we were relegated that Charlton are one of the two clubs if his heart.