Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager - Thomas Tuchel

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Don't care what the nationality of the manager is as long as we play attacking, attractive football.

Klopp, just to boil the piss of the 'we're Scouse not English'.
    Followed by Poch.

Wouldn't touch Potter or Howe with a bargepole.

How bizarre !

Eddie Howe achieved in every division getting promoted from League 2 until he reached the Premier.
    Managed to get the great underachievers Newcastle into the Champions league and this season overcome having eleven 1st teamers injured yet they still played attractive football.
    After 17 years he has the experience but the FA probably won't want to pay out the contract to get him.

Chelsea made Graham Potter rich assuming he has received the millions in compensation as he was in no rush to take the Leicester Job and other jobs he has been offered.
    Potter is as bright as a button and will continue to be a possession based manager, great against the top teams but hopefully a tad more direct against the lesser teams as you score one goal if there are 3 passes to score or 23 touches on the way to the net.

I predict it will be an Ex Chelsea Manager, so at least 3 contenders ?
    Perhaps JohnBoy hasn't recovered from the fact that Newcastle, under Howe, have beaten Spurs in three of the last four encounters: 4-0, 6-1 and before that 2-1 at White Hart Lane. But then everyone beats Spurs these days! 

That's why I was surprised AA after the attractive way Newcastle give Spurs a spanking.
    And we beat them 5-1 and 4-1 in the time he has been in charge too but you all seem to have forgotten that.

He's done an ok job at Newcastle with massive backing.  He done well to get them to the CL in his first full season but they had no European football.  Then they got found out.  Yeah they've had some injuries but what club hasn't?  He done a good job at Bournemouth by getting them up but ultimately, it was on his watch they got relegated.

So yeah, in my opinion, he shouldn't even be in contention for the England job.  I get the link because he is English but if he was foreign, he wouldn't even be discussed, would he?!
    This is a bit of a myth. Signed only 2 players who cost over 45m and one of them then got banned and hardly played. In the main he's worked with a squad that were rubbish under Steve Bruce combined with some relatively cheap signings. Even the likes of Botman and Bruno Guimaraes cost less than 40m.
    3 I think, Isak, Gordon, Tonali?

Had quite a fee at £30-£40m too.

They have spent a lot, albeit nit quite Chelsea under Bohely levels etc.
  • He’s been in England for 8 years so that's enough to apply for British citizenship which should be a pre-requisite for the England manager’s job.

If he refuses then he isn’t committed and shouldn't have the job.

• I hope S*l C*mpbell submits his CV for the job, just for the giggles of rejection. 

• how come there's no mention of Wayne Rooney ?
    Come on Lincs you can’t be serious . 
    you're right, BUT you never know lol
  • Interesting argument here as to why Pep might be feasible...

https://x.com/robstaton/status/1813279047872401537

If he turned down the Charlton, he ain't gonna piss about with England is he
  • edited July 20
    Eddie Howe saying he's happy at Newcastle and will remain so as long as he is supported by the board is an excellent statement and for his sake I hope he stays in the north East.( I believe Howe would do a good job for England and they would be a good watch)

The two most scrutinized jobs in the UK is being Prime Minister and England's Men's football manager.

Intelligent Geordie fans know he performed a miracle getting the Magpies into the Champions league and last season his coaching skills were pushed to the limits with having half his team injured and players like Gordon and 17 year old Lewis Miley having to play more matches because of the injuries to the squad.

I've followed Graham Potter's Journey since Östersund and he could be well placed to get the national job.(No compensation) He will have even more players to chose from than his Chelsea Squad ! 
    If you're a fan of possession football then he's your man. You won't see Pickford kicking long too often if at all.

I really don't think they should go in house this time with Lee Carsley despite the apparent seamless transition and lower financial package.
    Southgate always had a higher playing profile than the former Everton and Derby midfielder. 
  • He’s mixed race

• Jesus christ 🤦‍♂️

• edited July 20
    Ireland trying to nab another Englishman. Clinton Morrison was the best…🤣
  • edited July 20
    As it's being mentioned: 
    People of dual heritage that I know including part time pro footballers, Poets, artists all have a different take on this.

Some prefer the status black, some mixed race, some dual heritage. Half caste entered room 101 about 30 years ago and there it stays.

Two prominent British Journalists both well into middle age now and from Indian families prefer to be known as Brown skinned, on a podcast I was listening to recently.

We only need to know the hue of someone for identification reasons on occasions but not as a general comment
  • Sponsored links:

• Ireland trying to nab another Englishman. Clinton Morrison was the best…🤣
    Jude has got himself an Irish passport, recently.
  • Im struggling to see the importance…?
  • Im struggling to see the importance…?
    Because, if or when we do actually do something, it won't be England who won it, it'll be Ireland, Scotland, West Indies, Africa etc. that won it. There's already been a few posts across social media relating to this, albeit just to provoke people, but there's a not too insignificant amount of people who genuinely subscribe to the idea. Sad and completely divisive. 
  • Ireland try and claim anyone who's great grandad visited once for a weekend. 
  • Croydon said:
    Ireland try and claim anyone who's great grandad visited once for a weekend. 
    Unless he was a black & tan.
  • Croydon said:
    Ireland try and claim anyone who's great grandad visited once for a weekend. 
    My uncle visited for a while, when he was attached to D Squadron, 22 SAS.

• He’s been in England for 8 years so that's enough to apply for British citizenship which should be a pre-requisite for the England manager’s job.

So should Bellingham be dropped?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Don't care what the nationality of the manager is as long as we play attacking, attractive football.

Klopp, just to boil the piss of the 'we're Scouse not English'.
    Followed by Poch.

Wouldn't touch Potter or Howe with a bargepole.

How bizarre !

Eddie Howe achieved in every division getting promoted from League 2 until he reached the Premier.
    Managed to get the great underachievers Newcastle into the Champions league and this season overcome having eleven 1st teamers injured yet they still played attractive football.
    After 17 years he has the experience but the FA probably won't want to pay out the contract to get him.

Chelsea made Graham Potter rich assuming he has received the millions in compensation as he was in no rush to take the Leicester Job and other jobs he has been offered.
    Potter is as bright as a button and will continue to be a possession based manager, great against the top teams but hopefully a tad more direct against the lesser teams as you score one goal if there are 3 passes to score or 23 touches on the way to the net.

I predict it will be an Ex Chelsea Manager, so at least 3 contenders ?
    Perhaps JohnBoy hasn't recovered from the fact that Newcastle, under Howe, have beaten Spurs in three of the last four encounters: 4-0, 6-1 and before that 2-1 at White Hart Lane. But then everyone beats Spurs these days! 

That's why I was surprised AA after the attractive way Newcastle give Spurs a spanking.
    And we beat them 5-1 and 4-1 in the time he has been in charge too but you all seem to have forgotten that.

He's done an ok job at Newcastle with massive backing.  He done well to get them to the CL in his first full season but they had no European football.  Then they got found out.  Yeah they've had some injuries but what club hasn't?  He done a good job at Bournemouth by getting them up but ultimately, it was on his watch they got relegated.

So yeah, in my opinion, he shouldn't even be in contention for the England job.  I get the link because he is English but if he was foreign, he wouldn't even be discussed, would he?!
    This is a bit of a myth. Signed only 2 players who cost over 45m and one of them then got banned and hardly played. In the main he's worked with a squad that were rubbish under Steve Bruce combined with some relatively cheap signings. Even the likes of Botman and Bruno Guimaraes cost less than 40m.
    3 I think, Isak, Gordon, Tonali?

Had quite a fee at £30-£40m too.

They have spent a lot, albeit nit quite Chelsea under Bohely levels etc.
    Gordon cost 40m but could rise to 45.

I don't think Bellingham has done anything on the international stage yet, to warrant an automatic place, in the same way that the likes of Kane, Saka and Walker have.

Having said that, I can't see why Kane was starting every single game when he was clearly not firing on all cylinders (which I'm not criticising him for), when there were clearly options on the bench.
  • Gribbo said:
    He’s been in England for 8 years so that's enough to apply for British citizenship which should be a pre-requisite for the England manager’s job.

I don't think Bellingham has done anything on the international stage yet, to warrant an automatic place, in the same way that the likes of Kane, Saka and Walker have.

Having said that, I can't see why Kane was starting every single game when he was clearly not firing on all cylinders (which I'm not criticising him for), when there were clearly options on the bench.
    I agree but the question was in response to someone saying pep can only have the England job if he gets a British passport, Bellingham, at the behest of his Spanish club, got himself an Irish passport 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    He’s been in England for 8 years so that's enough to apply for British citizenship which should be a pre-requisite for the England manager’s job.

I agree but the question was in response to someone saying pep can only have the England job if he gets a British passport, Bellingham, at the behest of his Spanish club, got himself an Irish passport 
    But Bellingham also has a British passport so it’s incomparable to Guardiola. If you have two nationalities you can choose the country you represent. How can you be allowed to choose when you only have one? It doesn’t make sense.
  • Gribbo said:

But Bellingham also has a British passport so it’s incomparable to Guardiola. If you have two nationalities you can choose the country you represent. How can you be allowed to choose when you only have one? It doesn’t make sense.
    But getting a British passport won’t make pep English 

• But Bellingham also has a British passport so it’s incomparable to Guardiola. If you have two nationalities you can choose the country you represent. How can you be allowed to choose when you only have one? It doesn’t make sense.
    Pep already has 2 nationalities, first he’s a Catalan. Then he’s Spanish.

• But Bellingham also has a British passport so it’s incomparable to Guardiola. If you have two nationalities you can choose the country you represent. How can you be allowed to choose when you only have one? It doesn’t make sense.
    Lucky he doesn’t manage Liverpool as he would have scouse nationality as well
  • Gribbo said:

But getting a British passport won’t make pep English 
    It makes him British and if his country of residence has been England then I think it fair to say that it makes him English. If we’re going to argue on that further then it involves a long discussion on whether English can actually be classed as a nationality or if it’s an ethnicity, which is not a debate that is worth having.

If he gets British nationality then he is British (and Spanish), and for all intents and purposes he is English being that he has resided in England.
  • edited July 20

He can have three nationalities then if he wants to be England manager

Catalan is not a nationality because it is not a nation but an ethnic group.
    Try telling him that!
  • Mark Bellingham would be a good choice ... plenty of playing experience and ex copper.