Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney tipped to be next Plymouth manager.

Comments

• Options
    That's them relegated next season
  • Options
    edited May 24
    Perhaps theres some sort of FA or betting rule, where everyone has to take random turns to have him as manager for a few months just to equal things out, and shake things up. Like copping the queen of spades in cards.

Or perhaps Football Chairman have lonely grannies.
  • Options
    Who you know > managerial ability.
  • Options
    Argyle fans must be wondering "what have we done to piss off people so much that we could be lumbered with Rooney?"

He's hardly been a rip-roaring success anywhere he's rocked up as head coach/manager so I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would want him at their club.
  • Options
    Since my Dad moved down to Cornwall about 5 years ago he's had a Plymouth season ticket to get his football fix. I spoke with him yesterday about the Rooney rumour and he's said the locals aren't happy. He says he can't see it happening but if it does he'll be gone in quick order as the crowd will turn on him in no time. Plymouth owner has done a lot of good things there, but this move could back fire...
  • Options
    Thats Wayne Rooney's Plymouth Argyle as they'll now be called then
    ... when they're on Sky every sodding week ...

(until he's fired in November, anyway)
  • Options
    It's like watching Liz Truss being appointed PM. You know it'll end in disaster but you can't help watching the catastrophe unfold. Wayne Rooney's Wayne Rooney might last a bit longer though.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    It's like watching Liz Truss being appointed PM. You know it'll end in disaster but you can't help watching the catastrophe unfold. Wayne Rooney's Wayne Rooney might last a bit longer though.
    Anyone got a webcam and a lettuce available?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #PrayForPlymouth
  • Options
    I hope he gets it.
    Cos the thought of him being on comms during the Euros is making my teeth itch
  • Options
    Confirmed. A world class player but economy class manager
  • Options
    Strange appointment!  They are likely to have a tough season anyway but I fail to see how Rooney knows enough about championship level football to make them anything more than relegation fodder
  • Options
    1 win in 4 ratio, he'll not last the season.
  • Options
    I can’t fathom this at all. 
    I know we punters don’t know the whole story of what goes on at football clubs, but apart from him being a poor coach/manager, what possible explanation could there be for Rooney’s repeated failures in management so far?
    Does his fame and successful playing career really outweigh his lack of coaching and management ability? Are players really going to sign for Plymouth because he’s there?
    I just don’t see how this ends well for them.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Anyone got a webcam and a lettuce available?
    More like a potato, can be a lookalike contest too then
  • Options
    They've always seemed like a well-run club who do a lot on a small budget. This makes no sense.
  • Options
    Their director of football worked at Everton's academy when Rooney was there. Friends appointing friends. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still only 38 - thought he was much older.

If he fails again surely that's it.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:

He looks really well in that picture. Could do with a couple more pasties though. 
    He'll be as big as Neville Southall soon.
  • Options
    Now confirmed…dear oh dear,those poor Plymouth fans…😖🫣
  • Options
    He’s got recent experience in saving Plymouth from relegation, just got to repeat that this season 
  • Options
    it's all been said .. he'll fuck up the team, get the sack and nick a big pay off .. I wish I had his agent though