Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Minto / Charlton TV - 2024-5 season info p3

13»

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    ct_addick said:
    As an international fan I don’t know if I want to stump up 200 quid to just watch the games without Minto, Brownie and Curbs…..I fcuking hate Sky….Murdoch is a cnut
    Well the club could tell Sky to poke the £450,000 per season from this deal but then again our football club is not a charity 

That money could see the difference between promotion and another a year in League One 

Not really, as every club gets the money!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    ct_addick said:
    As an international fan I don’t know if I want to stump up 200 quid to just watch the games without Minto, Brownie and Curbs…..I fcuking hate Sky….Murdoch is a cnut
    Well the club could tell Sky to poke the £450,000 per season from this deal but then again our football club is not a charity 

That money could see the difference between promotion and another a year in League One 

Not really, as every club gets the money!
    Hence the word Could
  • Options
    Charming though Scott Brownie Curbs and others are, I personally don’t subscribe to Charlton TV for punditry or waffle, but for the actual football.
    Anyway I always go to home matches.
    I want to know that it is worth renewing my Charlton TV subscription in order to access development games, and most especially get to watch a stream for £10 on my regular weekend trips to Andorra.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:
    ct_addick said:
    As another international fan, I am more than happy to stump up 200 pounds to watch my beloved Charlton over 46 games, incredible value!
    Absolutely, CAFCTV with its studio format was great, but the real value was in being able to watch the games. 
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:
    ct_addick said:
    As another international fan, I am more than happy to stump up 200 pounds to watch my beloved Charlton over 46 games, incredible value!
    Absolutely, CAFCTV with its studio format was great, but the real value was in being able to watch the games. 
    Even if Curbs could
    now be on holiday every weekend ? 
  • Options
    glad theyre keeping them involved in some form
  • Options
    Better than nothing I guess and probably the best we could have hoped for given the stranglehold Sky have nowadays
  • Options
    All sounds ok, and my trips to Paris will not be in vain...🙄
    Like the sound of the monthly resume program with Curbs & Co, that sounds like it could be an interesting and entertaining idea...
    Glad that the club have finally got round to letting the fans know the long term plans for CATV, better late than never...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 30
    cfgs said:
    Being met on social media with the predictable "Who cares, just f#£king sign someone". Etc
    Some people are so dim they can't digest two different pieces of information at the same time.

Toc-H Lamps spring to mind...
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Being met on social media with the predictable "Who cares, just f#£king sign someone". Etc
    Some people are so dim they can't digest two different pieces of information at the same time.
    Being a faceless username makes idiots believe being offensive makes them look cool. You cardigan wearing numpty.
    That made me giggle 🤣
  • Options
    That monthly programme sounds good. 

It will interesting if UK viewers are still able to VPN the overseas Charlton TV coverage, or whether Sky and EFL will try and crack down on this more.
  • Options
    I am relieved that at least we have an extended monthly show with the holy trinity-I am aware that a number of fans have been lobbying the club and others on this point-so well done to them, and in the circumstances of the Sky deal, the monthly episode will do for me. I am assuming it is £7 a month for that as well as other stuff like audio commentary etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Being a faceless username makes idiots believe being offensive makes them look cool. You cardigan wearing numpty.
    Shut it short-arse
    😉
  • Options
    Thank fcuk for that, my many weekends in Paris will be greatly enhanced...I hope.
  • Options
    Good response by the club. The monthly show is an excellent idea to retain the guys, and it's great that Terry and Greg will still be doing commentary.

Sometimes the pre and post match was much more fun than the dross in between - and the post-match was particularly good for the soul after a shit performance - and I was going to really miss it, but the monthly show will do nicely. If I'm really honest I'd have to concede that Curbs especially has the habit of coming out with the same talking points each week, such as the importance of the Valley and a big noisy crowd. Monthly show gives them more material to work with. Good stuff!
  • Options
    The monthly show is no different to the regular monthly vhs tapes you could back in the 1991/1992 season which the club sold with highlights of games that past month and club interviews 

From memory I think they were a tenner each