Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Minto / Charlton TV - 2024-5 season info p3

Comments

• Options
    Are the club now not allowed to show live matches to fans abroad anymore?
    "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services"...as per Sky announcement...
    So I think international viewers should still be able to view via CATV, incl VPN's??
    I'm confused...nothing new there then.

So, CATV will be streaming games PURELY for overseas audiences. 

How can that possibly be viable ? ( That's forgetting about "other ways" that UK fans can watch a stream ) 

Surely I must be missing something important here.
  • Options
    I think most viewers will be away for long weekend overseas :wink:
  • Options
    "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services"...as per Sky announcement...
    So I think international viewers should still be able to view via CATV, incl VPN's??

How can that possibly be viable ? ( That's forgetting about "other ways" that UK fans can watch a stream ) 

My opinion is that it was never going to be viable if it was only used by people based overseas, but Sandgaard somehow thought that with a high quality service it could attract thousands of extra  overseas viewers.
    Until a way can be found to prevent people stealing the streams it will never be viable & so better maybe left to SKY who may be able to suffer the losses.
  • Options
    edited May 24
    This is all very confusing and as I said before, be nice to hear a black and white post from the club on it's long term CATV profile...if there is to be one at all that is??
  • Options
    clive said:

My opinion is that it was never going to be viable if it was only used by people based overseas, but Sandgaard somehow thought that with a high quality service it could attract thousands of extra  overseas viewers.
    Until a way can be found to prevent people stealing the streams it will never be viable & so better maybe left to SKY who may be able to suffer the losses.
    It would be interesting to know how many people here in the UK are actually watching pirate streams, as opposed to paying £10 every game, and watching via a VPN, which is what I did.

I'm sure a high percentage of the income was from VPN users.
  • Options
    I assume it will be standard iFollow coverage, with no pre or post match show. Guessing the commentaries will still run so expect iFollow with Terry and Grey commenting. Assuming you are prepared to pop across to Helsinki each weekend.
  • Options

I thought that CATV was possibly going to continue 'in some form' for overseas/VPN viewers who subscribe or pay per game, but the format would be without the studio chat?  So league games coverage might be similar to pre-season/BSM chaff cup?
  • Options
    Far more likely that CATV will continue as a stripped back operation, no studio, just one camera and one person pitch side 
  • Options
    Lot's of assumption and guess work, and naff all from the club...typical...🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This article put on Millwall's website explains in detail what the SKY deal means for Millwall TV, i expect this will be very similar to what will happen at Charlton TV.
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/16/future-streaming-details-confirmed-following-new-sky-sports-and-efl-deal-/
  • Options
    edited May 24
    clive said:
    This article put on Millwall's website explains in detail what the SKY deal means for Millwall TV, i expect this will be very similar to what will happen at Charlton TV.
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/16/future-streaming-details-confirmed-following-new-sky-sports-and-efl-deal-/
    Thanks for that clive...
    Great ain't it when we have to access Millwall's website to get some sort of idea in what could be going on here, and shows us up a bit in failing to do the same for us...and if so, it looks like it is fine if you are "out of the UK"...🙄
  • Options
    edited May 25
    Scott could revisit his modeling career
    SP1 looks good...🙄
  • Options
    Radio Thamesmead Blast from the past 
  • Options
    Gordon Watson's shirt looks a bit palacey.
  • Options
    When Scott left in 1994 a number of the female fans were heartbroken  :D
  • Options
    When Scott left in 1994 a number of the female fans were heartbroken  :D
    Yep 😢
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have S 41 and regularly wear it for work
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Talal said:
    Where all the celebs go, met @LouisMend there once...
    The club confirms this evening that Mr Mendez, 42, has been permanently relieved from his reporting duties having been arrested by Bromley Police on suspicion of the illegal removal of an ottoman, 14 assorted coat hangers, 1 sack of garden waste, 3 half-empty paint tins and the o/s/f wing of a 1977 Ford Cortina from the councils recycling facility in Bromley this afternoon. Mr Mendez is considered dangerous and should not be approached by the general public.  
    42?! 

Is that the only bit you're denying then Louis...🙄
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Talal said:
    The club confirms this evening that Mr Mendez, 42, has been permanently relieved from his reporting duties having been arrested by Bromley Police on suspicion of the illegal removal of an ottoman, 14 assorted coat hangers, 1 sack of garden waste, 3 half-empty paint tins and the o/s/f wing of a 1977 Ford Cortina from the councils recycling facility in Bromley this afternoon. Mr Mendez is considered dangerous and should not be approached by the general public.  
    42?! 

Exactly - and why did he only take the one bin bag??
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    LouisMend said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Talal said:
    42?! 

Exactly - and why did he only take the one bin bag??

Sounds very dodgy if you ask me mate, guilty as charged I reckon...
  • Options
    As an international fan I don’t know if I want to stump up 200 quid to just watch the games without Minto, Brownie and Curbs…..I fcuking hate Sky….Murdoch is a cnut
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    As an international fan I don’t know if I want to stump up 200 quid to just watch the games without Minto, Brownie and Curbs…..I fcuking hate Sky….Murdoch is a cnut
    As a UK based supporter I have just paid out £900 + plus for 3 seats in the grounds without no former legends giving me their views for an an hour before kick off
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    ct_addick said:
    As a UK based supporter I have just paid out £900 + plus for 3 seats in the grounds without no former legends giving me their views for an an hour before kick off
    Plus the fellas in the Woolwich spoons pre-match are more enjoyable.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
     https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/sep/26/rupert-murdochs-sky-reign-to-end-as-fox-sells-all-shares-to-comcast

It’s official. Sky, the leading pay-TV platform in the UK, is no longer a Murdoch company
    https://rts.org.uk/article/what-comcasts-purchase-sky-means-future-pay-tv-platform
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    As another international fan, I am more than happy to stump up 200 pounds to watch my beloved Charlton over 46 games, incredible value!
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Well the club could tell Sky to poke the £450,000 per season from this deal but then again our football club is not a charity 

That money could see the difference between promotion and another a year in League One