Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Minto / Charlton TV - 2024-5 season info p3

I had the pleasure of meeting Scott Minto down at Bromley Tip of all places this morning ! 
If there was any doubt about it Scott confirmed that there is definitely no Charlton TV next season. The new TV deal has made it unviable for Charlton to continue with it, which personally I think is a real shame . He thinks the new owners will back Nathan Jones , who he thinks is the right man for the job , as do I. He expects us to have a real chance of promotion next season, although I think it’s going to be a lot tougher than last season with the quality of teams coming into the division so let’s hope we get the right players in early. 

Comments

• Options
    Waldo Road, what a place, even got it's own webcam.

You missed out the big story - what was he re-cycling?
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Be nice if the club put out an official announcement, rather than a casual chat at a tip with one of the presenters, don't doubt your encounter by the way...🙄
  • Options
    Be nice if the club put out an official announcement, rather that a casual chat at a tip with one of the presenters, don't doubt your encounter by the way...🙄
    Didn't watch it but wasn't it announced at the end of the last game of season on CharltonTV?
  • Options
    Well it wasn’t some of last years squad before anyone says it. He did have a baby gate in hands so I said ‘no  more kids then ? ‘ & he said he used it for the dog but mentioned his kids are now 12 & 13 so not really necessary ! 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Be nice if the club put out an official announcement, rather than a casual chat at a tip with one of the presenters, don't doubt your encounter by the way...🙄
    The club confirms this morning that Mr Minto, 52, delivered an old ottoman, 14 assorted coat hangers, 2 sacks of garden waste, 3 half-empty paint tins and the o/s/f wing of a 1977 Ford Cortina to the councils recycling facility in Bromley this morning. 

Is that the sort of thing you were thinking of?

That's about the best we can expect...
  • Options
    Having moved much further away, Charlton TV has been a godsend. It will be missed and will certainly reduce my interest in future proceedings. If they ain't running it, they had better not auto renew my subscription.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are 2 separate Charlton TV packages.

One is the UK one which doesn't include live games BUT does have full replays of the matchday production as one of its selling points, so we will still get this vanilla production?
  • Options
    Where can overseas fans watch the games that are not covered by Sky??
  • Options
    Is there a way to watch a rerun of the show from the last game with their final bits?
  • Options
    Rubbish!
  • Options
    Where all the celebs go, met @LouisMend there once...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I feel sorry for Scott that he's lost his Charlton TV job but pleased that he has sorted himself out with new work at Bromley Tip. What's he doing? Checking black bag contents or directing punters to glass recycling?
    Audition for Money for Nothing now pending 
  • Options
    Is there a way to watch a rerun of the show from the last game with their final bits?
    The regular Charlton TV subscription has full reruns
  • Options
    The regular Charlton TV subscription has full reruns
    It's on you tube I think
  • Options
    I logged on to Charlton Tv a couple of weeks or so ago and it’s in a list of previous matches the whole lot and saw some of it 
  • Options
    Are the club now not allowed to show live matches to fans abroad anymore?
  • Options
    edited May 23
    "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services"...as per Sky announcement...
    So I think international viewers should still be able to view via CATV, incl VPN's??
  • Options
    edited May 23
    "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services"...as per Sky announcement...
    So I think international viewers should still be able to view via CATV, incl VPN's??
    So no real change for Saturday games then, as UK residents weren't allowed to watch it anyway, which therefore leaves me with the question "Why stop the show"?
  • Options
    Previously it depended on whether or not the match was being broadcast by your local overseas provider. For example, here in Canada I could stream every match except the ones on Sky because if it was on sky then DAZN, who last season at least held the EFL rights in Canada, would usually piggyback on Sky coverage and stream it through their service meaning CAFC TV would be blacked out. The work around was finding a territory where it wasn't being broadcast locally and pointing your VPN at that country.