Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA Euro 2024 - Germany Fixtures

2»

Comments

• No Rashford, Grealish in.
  • No chance Palmer misses out, has the most goal involvements in the league the season
  • We're in a position where there's about 25 names you can rotate into about 15 positions in the squad, all have their merits but aren't world class players, yet. 

Centre back for instance; Stones, Maguire, Dier, Konsa, Gomez, Branthwaite, Quansah, Colwill, Tomori, Dunk, Guehi. That's 11 names that, fitness and recent form depending, could make the squad. 

On the wings it's similar with Foden, Grealish, Rashford, Bowen, Gordon, Palmer, Saka, Eze

You can't take them all
  • From what I've heard, George Dobson hasn't been called up.
    He's got a pre-agreement to become a Hungarian citizen and play for them.
    He's got a pre-agreement to become a Hungarian citizen and play for them.
    Is it binding?
  • FULL PORTUGAL SQUAD
    Goalkeepers: Diogo Costa (FC Porto), José Sá (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC) e Rui Patrício (AS Roma);

Defenders: António Silva (SL Benfica), Danilo Pereira (PSG), Diogo Dalot (Manchester United), Gonçalo Inácio (Sporting CP), João Cancelo (FC Barcelona), Nélson Semedo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Nuno Mendes (PSG), Pepe (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Manchester City

Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United), João Neves (SL Benfica), João Palhinha (Fulham FC), Otávio Monteiro (Al Nassr), Rúben Neves (Al-Hilal), Vitinha (PSG)

Forwards: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr), Diogo Jota (Liverpool FC), Francisco Conceição (FC Porto), Gonçalo Ramos (PSG), João Félix (FC Barcelona), Pedro Neto (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rafael Leão (AC Milan).

Strong squad!
  • Portugal a little overlooked when the favs are discussed, they've got some real talent. 
  • FULL PORTUGAL SQUAD
    Goalkeepers: Diogo Costa (FC Porto), José Sá (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC) e Rui Patrício (AS Roma);

Defenders: António Silva (SL Benfica), Danilo Pereira (PSG), Diogo Dalot (Manchester United), Gonçalo Inácio (Sporting CP), João Cancelo (FC Barcelona), Nélson Semedo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Nuno Mendes (PSG), Pepe (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Manchester City

Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United), João Neves (SL Benfica), João Palhinha (Fulham FC), Otávio Monteiro (Al Nassr), Rúben Neves (Al-Hilal), Vitinha (PSG)

Forwards: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr), Diogo Jota (Liverpool FC), Francisco Conceição (FC Porto), Gonçalo Ramos (PSG), João Félix (FC Barcelona), Pedro Neto (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rafael Leão (AC Milan).

Strong squad!
    Pepe is 41 now...knows how to defend mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last tournament for Pepe and Ronaldo surely?
  • Quite like the look that squad. A mixture of World Class quality and some really promising younger players. 
  • No Rashford, Sterling or Sancho  shows the depth we have in attacking areas.
  • No Rashford, Sterling or Sancho  shows the depth we have in attacking areas.

Yes - you look at the forwards and I would suggest most countries would like to have that list to pick from.

Defence is still the weak area though.
  • Not sure how Dean Henderson has sneaked in (something something Southgate loves a Henderson) and it feels early for Quansah, though I imagine it's just for experience. The only one that annoys me is no Solanke, I really would have him ahead of Toney any day and I'd expect him to compete with Watkins for that second striker spot. Glad Curtis Jones is there, he's the right kind of player for our midfield
  • Decent squad.

Left back and Harry Maguire worry me, but the talent going forward is so good.
  • Decent squad.

Left back and Harry Maguire worry me, but the talent going forward is so good.

Just need Southgate to allow them off the leash.
  • Depressing reminder of how far behind Palace we are that they've got 4 players in the squad.  Actually a bit surprised Mitchell isn't in too.

And Olise would surely be in too if he didn't want to be French.
  • Provisional 30 man squad out today.

Rumours Henderson is left out, which would be a big shock I think given how much Southgate has relied on him in the past.

Presumably Mainoo will be in, I wonder if Wharton could get in too, has looked annoyingly good at Palace.
    Agreed, I think Mainoo's form is what has (probably) ended Henderson's England career. Be shocked if we see anyone uncapped in the squad so think it's a bit early for Wharton. 
    I was very wrong, four uncapped in the squad - Branthwaite (I actually thought he had a cap tbh and expected his inclusion), Quansah, Wharton and Curtis Jones. 
    Doesn’t mean they’ll make the squad though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Provisional 30 man squad out today.

Rumours Henderson is left out, which would be a big shock I think given how much Southgate has relied on him in the past.

Presumably Mainoo will be in, I wonder if Wharton could get in too, has looked annoyingly good at Palace.
    Agreed, I think Mainoo's form is what has (probably) ended Henderson's England career. Be shocked if we see anyone uncapped in the squad so think it's a bit early for Wharton. 
    I was very wrong, four uncapped in the squad - Branthwaite (I actually thought he had a cap tbh and expected his inclusion), Quansah, Wharton and Curtis Jones. 
    Doesn’t mean they’ll make the squad though 
    I didn't realise he had picked 33 players at the time either, so 7 rather than 4 to miss out.