Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trouble at Norwich

Anyone see about the Leeds fan getting slashed outside Norwich, disgusting behaviour seems to be making a comeback. 

Mind you look at this standard Millwall response. 

Comments

• Plain lunacy, using a knife or even football violence, is wrong.  Yet only a complete idiot would aim for the neck, I doubt the perpetrator was a surgeon and had depth control, it is also lucky the target didn't lunge forward.
  • edited May 13
    Reading a few conflicting comments, not surprising.

Seems some are saying that the Leeds fan got hit by a crushed can, whilst trying to start a fight with Norwich fans after the game, and that the Son (who started the initial rumour) has admitted that he didnt see any knives used. Dont condone any violence, but it seems strange as Norwich have probably been the friendliest fans I've ever come across - Every fanbase has their Village Idiot though
  • That is not the look of someone who has just been slashed with a knife. 

Looks more like been hit by a flying object 
  • MrOneLung said:
    That is not the look of someone who has just been slashed with a knife. 

Just seen the post above mine - sounds about right to me 
  • Reading a few conflicting comments, not surprising.

Seems some are saying that the Leeds fan got hit by a crushed can, whilst trying to start a fight with Norwich fans after the game, and that the Son (who started the initial rumour) has admitted that he didnt see any knives used. Dont condone any violence, but it seems strange as Norwich have probably been the friendliest fans I've ever come across - Every fanbase has their Village Idiot though
    His twitter post literally says "my dad was slashed in the neck with a blade" and also in another post he says "definitely not a cut to his chin by an object thrown". Unless he has since retracted his comments?

Either way, it's gone viral and i wouldn't fancy being a Norwich fan heading to Elland Road this week.
  • MrOneLung said:

So far unidentified.
  • MrOneLung said:

So far unidentified.

• "Whilst asking the lads why ...". 

I bet it was as polite as that too!
  • Reading a few conflicting comments, not surprising.

His twitter post literally says "my dad was slashed in the neck with a blade" and also in another post he says "definitely not a cut to his chin by an object thrown". Unless he has since retracted his comments?

Either way, it's gone viral and i wouldn't fancy being a Norwich fan heading to Elland Road this week.

Ah’ll Sithee

• Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Brian Hibbard?
  • .....sorry I thought you said a flying picket
  • Attacking a paramedic, scum.
  • There’s a lot of angry white van drivers people about looking to vent over anything 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Never understood why people get so worked up and froth at the mouth to the point of violence over ppl kicking a ball around on some grass. This game ended 0-0 for fucks sake!
    There wasn't even anything to get worked up about during the game, it was as boring as f***. I'm surprised people weren't sleepwalking into the River Wensum after the match.
  • MrOneLung said:

Also, the look of the people in the background is that they aren't even aware of it. I'd think if there was a knife attack the others in the picture would be either standing agog, trying to help, hiding or running away, not chatting to their mates and smiling.
  • That Millwall fella in my first post will be where so disappointed if no one got stabbed or slashed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

I’d say it looks exactly like a blade injury 
  • I wouldn’t fancy being a Norwich fan in Leeds on Thursday night! 
  • MrOneLung said:

If it was from a knife I'd have thought the poor guy would have been more agitated in that picture.

• Two men have been arrested following an incident in Norwich this afternoon (Sunday 12 May 2024).

The incident happened shortly after 2pm today (Sunday 12 May 2024) when a man aged in his 60s reported being punched outside Norwich City FC’s stadium in Carrow Road. An object is also believed to have been thrown at the victim who suffered a cut to his chin.

The victim was seen by paramedics at the scene and did not require further medical treatment.

A man aged in his late teens was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault GBH and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.

A man aged in 50s was also arrested at the scene on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.

Both men remain in custody.

Officers believe another man was also involved in this afternoon’s incident and enquiries are ongoing to locate him.

An investigation has been launched to establish the full circumstances of what happened.

• edited May 13
    MrOneLung said:

If it was from a knife I'd have thought the poor guy would have been more agitated in that picture.

It’s possible but a very sharp blade like a Stanley knife for example can cut so cleanly that it’s almost without severe pain. At least initially. Of course I have no better idea than anyone else but that photograph looks like a slice from chin laterally onto neck. Exactly what a right handed blade attack would look like and in my view not an impact trauma. We may never know.
  •  An object is also believed to have been thrown at the victim who suffered a cut to his chin.
  • I wouldn’t fancy being a Norwich fan in Leeds on Thursday night! 
    Which is the main problem if this has been misreported. 
  • It does seem to have been confirmed that it was not a knife involved. Shows what I know.
  • edited May 14
  • MrOneLung said:

It’s possible but a very sharp blade like a Stanley knife for example can cut so cleanly that it’s almost without severe pain. At least initially. Of course I have no better idea than anyone else but that photograph looks like a slice from chin laterally onto neck. Exactly what a right handed blade attack would look like and in my view not an impact trauma. We may never know.

Unlike Delia's food, all very unsavoury behaviour.