Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year dinner - Sun 28th April, bookings closed (p4)

edited April 25 in General Charlton

The club’s 2024 Player of the Year dinner will take place on Sunday, April 28th in the Meantime Fans’ Bar at The Valley.

Organised by the club’s Fans’ Forum, supporters attending will enjoy a two-course meal and meet the men’s and women’s first-team players.

Tickets for the event will go on sale on Monday, March 25th. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/player-year-dinner-set-april-28th

Comments

• Options
    Has the vegetarian meal been announced yet?
    Not sure it will win AFKA.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It says 'supporters attending will enjoy a two-course meal'.
    I assume the enjoyment will come from carnivores/omnivores taking the piss out of vegans/vegetarians.
    If that's the case how much are the tickets 🍔🐔🐷🐄🐇🐑
  • Options
    Will there be a rate my plate?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Will there be a rate my plate?
    I hate that thread. 
    I sent a video to Mehmet only to realise it's not that type of plate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give the Player of the Year to Dobson!
  • Options
    edited March 23
  • Options
    How much is it?
  • Options
    edited March 23
    seth plum said:
    How much is it?
    I’d estimate at least the equivalent of 4 x ULEZ daily fees 😉

Seriously I don’t know but guess comparable to other years and events. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    How much is it?
    I’d estimate at least the equivalent of 4 x ULEZ daily fees 😉

Seriously I don’t know but guess comparable to other years and events. 
    That would be £50.

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Solidgone said:
    Accepted via zoom from Hungary 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Probably  true as most Winners of past yrs move on to pastures new the next season 
  • Options
    For anyone interested in attending the dinner this year, I can confirm that tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning at 11am, in person, by phone or online.

The tickets cost £55 pp - as always, no reductions for children.

Might I suggest that if you are not asked at point of sale if there are any vegans/vegetarians or whether any food allergies exist in your group, please ensure that you make the Ticket Office aware of this, thanks. 

I want to add that I am not involved in the organisation of the event this time but am happy to pass on any concerns/queries to the organisers for their attention. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It may apply to others as well as me if I chose to go, but I would’ve thought knowing what the food options are (of any kind) ought to be made explicit before shelling out the £55.
  • Options
    I'd like to complain that £55 a ticket is too much and I won't be going.
    But I'd also like to say I wouldn't be going if it's £20 a ticket.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    How much is it?
    Depends upon which zone you want to sit in. Try and avoid the ones down the sides 
  • Options
    edited March 24
    All zones are £letthegoodtimesroll said:
    seth plum said:
    How much is it?
    Depends upon which zone you want to sit in. Try and avoid the ones down the sides 
    All zones are £55 seemingly.
    If 400 tickets are sold that would bring in £22,000.
    Does VAT come into play? It takes it down to £18,600 if I have calculated that right.
    There is venue hire, staff costs and sundries to take into account, if the food is £6 per person that is £2,400. That would leave £16,200 to pay for venue hire and staff costs. If you employ 30 people for 3 hours at an average of just above the London living wage that will come to around £3000.
    That takes it down to £13,200 for venue hire. That would presumably include a PA system, and a fee for a host like Scott Minto (£1000?).

• Options
    Food per head will be more than £6 per person, even wholesale prices have gone through the roof recently, which is why restaurants have all pushed prices up a lot in recent years
  • Options
    My mate in the know said £5 increase is due for the need to create a better vegan menu , Thanks a lot 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    And have Scott present it.
  • Options
    For anyone interested in attending the dinner this year, I can confirm that tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning at 11am, in person, by phone or online.

The tickets cost £55 pp - as always, no reductions for children.

Might I suggest that if you are not asked at point of sale if there are any vegans/vegetarians or whether any food allergies exist in your group, please ensure that you make the Ticket Office aware of this, thanks. 

I want to add that I am not involved in the organisation of the event this time but am happy to pass on any concerns/queries to the organisers for their attention. 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    All zones are £letthegoodtimesroll said:
    seth plum said:
    How much is it?
    All zones are £55 seemingly.
    If 400 tickets are sold that would bring in £22,000.
    Does VAT come into play? It takes it down to £18,600 if I have calculated that right.
    There is venue hire, staff costs and sundries to take into account, if the food is £6 per person that is £2,400. That would leave £16,200 to pay for venue hire and staff costs. If you employ 30 people for 3 hours at an average of just above the London living wage that will come to around £3000.
    That takes it down to £13,200 for venue hire. That would presumably include a PA system, and a fee for a host like Scott Minto (£1000?).

Whys Scott Minto getting a £1000.