Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kate Middleton

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Floebot said:
    don't shoot the messenger but hearing some sad news coming from the palace this evening 

??
  • Options
    Floebot said:
    don't shoot the messenger but hearing some sad news coming from the palace this evening 

What, precisely, did you hear, @Floebot ?
  • Options
    Cancer.
  • Options
    She's having chemo.
  • Options
    Cancer.

Who?

Can we be more exact rather than speaking in riddles?
  • Options

Princess of Wales says she is undergoing cancer treatment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68641441
  • Options
    edited March 22
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68641441

Sad news.  Hopefully stops all the daft speculation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cancer.

Who?

Apologies, I thought it was obvious from the thread title.
  • Options
    All the best to Kate, hope she battles through, got to feel for William at the moment with both his Dad and Wife dealing with Cancer 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Wish her all the best for a speedy and complete recovery. I hope she's now given all the space and time she and her family need. 
    Thats funny ... People will now be demanding and putting the wrong shite together, as to why its taken so long for us to be told
  • Options
    Really like her and was gutted when I got the bbc alert. Hope she makes a full recovery. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Wish her all the best for a speedy and complete recovery. I hope she's now given all the space and time she and her family need. 
    Thats funny ... People will now be demanding and putting the wrong shite together, as to why its taken so long for us to be told
    She explains the delay in her broadcast statement.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Cancer.

Who?

You genuinely may have forgotten, so please don't take this sarcastically, but this thread is titled Kate Middleton, and indeed, this is about the Princess of Wales having cancer (as just announced)

Wasn't sure if it was separate sad news about the royal family coming on to the thread, but all makes sense now of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    I once danced with a woman who danced with a man who danced with The Princess of Wales.
    I once fingered a girl who groped a bloke who'd fingered The Princess of Wales

(not this one)
    Don’t you mean in The Princess of Wales on Blackheath?
  • Options
    edited March 22
    All the very best to Kate and everyone dealing with illness.
    Maybe the press & media will now leave them be (don't expect it mind you).
  • Options
    Fucking Hell……like for so many that’s awful news no matter what station in life they hold.
  • Options
    All the best to Kate, hope she battles through, got to feel for William at the moment with both his Dad and Wife dealing with Cancer 
    Yes. Extremely shitty hand to be dealt, no matter how privileged the rest of your life may be.

I'd like to think the people who have been intruding and speculating might learn a lesson from this, but I won't hold my breath.

However, I would also say it would have probably been better from their perspective if they'd just announced it and asked for privacy while they dealt with it. Any decent person with an ounce of morality would be sympathetic and respectful. The lowlifes who wouldn't be put off by it are the same ones who have made this into a story in the first place so they'd have been hassled to some extent either way, but it would at least put the spotlight on the wrong 'uns.
  • Options
    A grim coincidence that both Charles and Kate had their cancer discovered while having an operation. The positive I guess is that without the operations, the cancer might not have been discovered until much later, when it was much more serious.
  • Options
    They delayed telling because it wasn't diagnosed until the end of February and they wanted to tell the kids first.
    But waited to tell the kids until they broke up from school.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer as she speaks of 'huge shock' - Grimsby Live (grimsbytelegraph.co.uk) .. her statement 'live'

Let's hope she recovers and regains full health
  • Options
    Yes. Extremely shitty hand to be dealt, no matter how privileged the rest of your life may be.

I'd like to think the people who have been intruding and speculating might learn a lesson from this, but I won't hold my breath.

However, I would also say it would have probably been better from their perspective if they'd just announced it and asked for privacy while they dealt with it. Any decent person with an ounce of morality would be sympathetic and respectful. The lowlifes who wouldn't be put off by it are the same ones who have made this into a story in the first place so they'd have been hassled to some extent either way, but it would at least put the spotlight on the wrong 'uns.
    She explains why in her broadcast speech.