Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wedding Reception Venue - any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    That Counting house is lovely inside. 

Loads in the area that would otherwise be closed. 
  • Options
    Put a monkey behind the jump Crossbars, Job done!
  • Options
    Dave Mehmets gaff. But lock up your daughters.
  • Options
    The Knowle Country House….Higham near Rochester.
    Superb wedding venue.
    One of my daughters was married there 10 years or so ago.
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Jokes aside; If your partner needs hair and / or make-up doing, Largs, and your venue ends up being anywhere near Westerham, my Mrs and I have got a salon in Westerham. Do you a deal 👍 - 

https://kerrielangfield.co.uk/
  • Options
    edited February 6
    https://www.oakleyhouse.co.uk/
    Niece had her wedding reception there, lovely place.
  • Options
    Congratulations. We got married last year and in a similar situation where our reception isn't until next month. We live very close to the rivoli, we asked about hiring and they said they don't do it as a wedding venue. We have got the Lordship in Dulwich though may be a bit small for your needs and it's also more of a full sit down meal type thing.

We did have our post registry office lunch at the Trafalgar, as others have said it's great though we only had a handful of people. 

Someone mentioned the city, we went for a chat with the Dickens Inn at Katherine's dock, quite a big space and it's not a horrendous price to hire plus it looks fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Jokes aside; If your partner needs hair and / or make-up doing, Largs, and your venue ends up being anywhere near Westerham, my Mrs and I have got a salon in Westerham. Do you a deal 👍 - 

https://kerrielangfield.co.uk/
    Top man, thank you very much! I'll pass that on to her.
    Westerham's quite convenient for us, although you should really consider opening a branch in Grove Park!
    This place just outside Westerham -

https://www.squerryes.co.uk/
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Congratulations. We got married last year and in a similar situation where our reception isn't until next month. We live very close to the rivoli, we asked about hiring and they said they don't do it as a wedding venue. We have got the Lordship in Dulwich though may be a bit small for your needs and it's also more of a full sit down meal type thing.

We did have our post registry office lunch at the Trafalgar, as others have said it's great though we only had a handful of people. 

Someone mentioned the city, we went for a chat with the Dickens Inn at Katherine's dock, quite a big space and it's not a horrendous price to hire plus it looks fantastic.
    Thanks mate, that's helpful. Will cross the Rivoli off the list then.

Dickens Inn sounds worth a look, I'll check it out.

• Options
    Don't think anyone has mentioned Bromley Court Hotel 
  • Options
    Had our reception in the Trafalgar 19 years on the 19th of this month , first child born on the 19th Jan and he’s 19 next year, my birthday is on the 19th July,  our first date was on the 19th Dec   I proposed on the 19th October , Charlton are sitting 19th in the table our second son came out on the 20th (Cnut )

Yep we didn’t have formal sit down bore off grown up shit , buffet action but I didn’t bother eating just got hammered 

for the record Largo I had you down as a more mature gentleman shall we say , is this your 4th or 5th wedding 
    My face is mature, i.e. covered in wrinkles, frown lines, bags under the eyes - I basically look like I've spent my entire life reading all of our results against Millwall over and over again.

In terms of personality, very immature. This is actually my first wedding. When I was 23, my long-term girlfriend at the time at the time said  that I could have until I was 35 and then we would be getting married and having kids. Obviously I panicked at the ridiculously short time-frame she was offering and got rid soon after. Life's followed the same pattern ever since. I think the only reason I've been able to get married now, despite having a lovely missus, is because all my mates are locked up at home raising kids and aren't allowed to come out and get smashed every weekend anymore, so it's basically a choice between having a wife or spending a lifetime on the sofa doing self-massage.

Anyway, it would be an honour to follow in your footsteps and have my do at the Trafalgar. Whether it's there or one of the other excellent suggestions I've had on here, I'll be taking a similar approach to you and getting as battered as possible as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Had my whole wedding day in the Tudor Barn Eltham, lovely upstairs hall and the grounds are fantastic for photos too 

The upstairs can be split in two as well so for instance the far end of the hall we used for the day ceremony which was more intimate with just 40 guests, but the curtains you see got drawn back and the wedding breakfast and reception took place on the other side/the whole floor respectively once the evening kicked off
    Looks great, thank you. Nice suit by the way - jealous that you're able to look good in something a bit adventurous. Any deviation from grey or blue makes me look like a drag queen!
  • Options
    Congratulations... I got married at Charlton House, with both the Ceremony and Reception there, the latter is in a beautiful library type section of the building too. 

Failing that have you thought about contacting Southeastern? 
    We had our reception there, too. Very good. 
  • Options
    If you choose a place that doesn’t do food, you can cater it yourselves leaving more budget for the venue and the booze. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    colthe3rd said:

Re Rivoli, you want it for a reception, not a wedding, so don’t cross it off yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Knowle is a good shout, only in Higham which is one stop from Gravesend. Loads of parking and plenty of hotels nearby and cabs know its a better kicking out time option than Gravesend Town centre or Rochester. You also get the pleasure of meeting the owner who is mad as a box of frogs. 

That said its really an all day wedding venue and would probably cost more than I'd want to pay for just a disco and buffet 

Congratulations, did we ever get the full and unabridged version of your trek to the other side of the world to find eternal happiness? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Had my whole wedding day in the Tudor Barn Eltham, lovely upstairs hall and the grounds are fantastic for photos too 

The upstairs can be split in two as well so for instance the far end of the hall we used for the day ceremony which was more intimate with just 40 guests, but the curtains you see got drawn back and the wedding breakfast and reception took place on the other side/the whole floor respectively once the evening kicked off
    We got married there too. Nice venue.
  • Options
    Hello @MrLargo, I've shot at a load of wedding venues across London and the South East over the last 10 years.

Of some of the venues listing in here, some are good, some are very good...and some are not so good, and a few are, well, I wouldnt advise at all.

Without wanting to offend anyone, happy to discuss over DM.

I'm assuming you're not redoing the ceremony, just having the party?  If so, I've got a few suggestions for you.
  • Options
    Having my reception at the Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst. Decent party venue 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    sam3110 said:

Looks great, thank you. Nice suit by the way - jealous that you're able to look good in something a bit adventurous. Any deviation from grey or blue makes me look like a drag queen!
    Oh, is Sam not a drag queen??

:-) 
  • Options
    If you choose a place that doesn’t do food, you can cater it yourselves leaving more budget for the venue and the booze. 
    Did this for ours and we massively regretted it. Saved a fair whack but missus, mother in law etc spent half the day and night sorting the buffet out rather than enjoying the day.

Also regret not getting a photographer too but given that I had a beard shave mishap on the wedding morning and turned up to registry office looking like a david brent tribute act perhaps it was for the best. (Missus actually says when she saw me standing their as she walked down the aisle her first thoughts were "WTF has he done to his face?!".  Not what you want the woman about to commit to you for the rest of your lives to be thinking as she steps up to take the vows really).
  • Options
    How about Makro’s cap park? Be perfect for when it invariably kicks off. 👍🏼
  • Options
    Firstly congratulations. We did the same, got married abroad and had a big party at home and we had ours at The Clarendon Hotel on Blackheath, very reasonably priced and anyone who wanted to stay over could do.

Of all the other places mentioned, I'd definitely recommend the Boathouse in Danson Park
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    colthe3rd said:

Re Rivoli, you want it for a reception, not a wedding, so don’t cross it off yet. 
    https://www.rivoliballroom.com/hire

Maybe do cross it off.

• Options
    edited February 7
    Gribbo said:
    Congratulations... I got married at Charlton House, with both the Ceremony and Reception there, the latter is in a beautiful library type section of the building too. 

Failing that have you thought about contacting Southeastern? 
    Fingered my first bird behind Charlton House ✌️
    Is there a blue plaque to commemorate the event?