Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer

King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.

It is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The type of cancer has not been revealed, but according to a palace statement the King began "regular treatments" on Monday.

Buckingham Palace says the King "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible".

He will postpone his public engagements and it is expected other senior royals will help to stand in for him during his treatment.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68208157

Comments

• Options
    🙁
  • Options
    Blimey... Didnt expect that diagnosis to become public

All the best to him with his recovery - Hope he doesnt end up having a really short reign
  • Options
    Get well soon 🇬🇧 
  • Options
    Good luck and best wishes to him. The cancer was diagnosed during his treatment for BPH and is not apparently related to his prostate. If I was a betting man and forced to guess I’d say it’s likely Bladder Ca. Complete guess based on the area of interest for his recent hospitalisation.
  • Options
    Not prostate cancer is worrying. During my I investigations for prostate cancer my consultant said not to worry. If they did find prostate cancer something else would kill me before the cancer did to me! 

I think that was reassuring!
  • Options
    Good luck to the man.
    I hope he doesn't suffer pain.

There may well be a constitutional aspect wrapped up in all of this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 5
    Seems to me that Charles has looked increasingly frail and somewhat even more 'eccentric' since his accession to the throne.
    He all too often has a rather strained grimacing grin on his face whenever I've seen a  recent photograph of him.
    He seems to rely more and more on Camilla and seems lost if she is not by his side. 
    Treatment for cancer, whatever form it has taken will hopefully give him time for total rest and recuperation which I am sure will do him good after a very hectic couple of years following Elizabeth's death, his new role and of course the situation with  Harry (and reportedly between Harry and William) which he must surely find very distressing and wearing
    Get well soon Charles
  • Options
    Something very close to me….win the fight Charlie boy….:my fear is that it more serious than they are reporting 
  • Options
    Prince Harry is coming over to see him in the next few days. 
  • Options
    Something very close to me….win the fight Charlie boy….:my fear is that it more serious than they are reporting 
    Let’s hope the reports are true in as much as the “form of cancer” has been caught early and has a good prognosis. I think it might be worth noting though that the majority of people even undergoing daily treatment for early and I stress early cancers often continue to go to work. We don’t of course know the precise diagnosis though so that might not always be the case. Regardless I wish him well.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Usually fairly serious if the family fly in 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Especially with him flying in. However, you have Prince William with his wife recuperating. I can't help think, his mother was so very young when she became Queen. He has waited.  a very long time  Is Queen Camilla the next in line?
  • Options
    I think is it Margaret comes across well. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Especially with him flying in. However, you have Prince William with his wife recuperating. I can't help think, his mother was so very young when she became Queen. He has waited.  a very long time  Is Queen Camilla the next in line?
    No Prince Wiliam is next in line. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he makes a quick recovery 
  • Options
    edited February 5
    sam3110 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Probably a new book in it for Harry.

But hope that Charles is ok.
  • Options
    Let's hope the have caught in time 
    Can only wish him the best & he makes a full recovery 
    God Save The King 
  • Options
    Blimey, bit of a shocker. Best wishes Charlie!
  • Options
    Get well soon King Charles.
  • Options
    Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.  Constitutional problems ahead unless His Majesty recovers.