Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rate our window - January 2024

Comments

• Options
    Will tally up the scores tomorrow.

The plan is to revisit in the summer so we can compare 
  • Options
    No roast potatoes or Yorkies so not sure what I’m supposed to rate. 
  • Options
    This is really just a question of how optimistic you are. I doubt anyone would have expected 9 signings with 6 permanents so it’s a positive we’ve been very busy. This much activity shouldn’t be needed in January but this and the appointment of Jones (hopefully in the next few hours) shows the owners have recognised the previous budget wasn’t enough.

Disappointed but not surprised to lose CBT. He’s not been great so far but hopefully Ladapo can replace CBTs goals with a bit of help from Kanu. We’ve also lost his pace but brought in two quick wing backs, a huge part of building towards 3-5-2. Having better competition at FB/WB is an improvement, Tennai and Edun were almost guaranteed their places under MA.

As much as we still need strengthening in various positions that’ll have to wait until the summer, the only goal now is to stay up. For me there’s enough ability there, the issue has been needing to be more organised and more focussed on clean sheets, and set up in a way to get the best out of players. The moves in this window should support that and give us a decent platform to build from in the summer.
  • Options
    8 out of 10.
    Really looking forward to the next few games under Jones.
  • Options
    7 out of 10. 

No bonus points for trying to sign players, yes it was a lot for January but that is their own fault for the mess in the summer. 
  • Options
    Think the points score could change after todays game. Trust the unfit not up to speed players are a bit better today .
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    8 out of 10.
    Really looking forward to the next few games under Jones.
    This is going to age well
  • Options
    5/10 from me. Let CBT go with no attacking options.

May gets injured we are done for.

Of the new players, most seem much of the same average and unfit.

Depressing times 

In fact 4/10 for signing that Fiorini
  • Options
    Averages

Mode 7 
    Median 7
    Mean 6.2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    In
    Perm - Coventry, looked decent then he was injured/concussed!  not a Dobbo replacement
    Gillesphey, the bar for Charlton defenders is so low as to be ground level at best, hard for him not to raise it - not seen enough yet to judge - seen plenty after Saturday hope I never see him play again in Charlton red 
    Edmonds-Green, too soon - starkly out of position in midfield fortunately far better than Gillesphey at the back
    Ward & Ramsey unseen - Ramsey's cameo was lively if hotheaded and so much better than Fiorini's refusal to engage

Loans - Bakinson moments to suggest he's adequate but long periods of inaction/invisibility in his games so far, -  gets an opponent between himself and the ball for much of the game means he can rarely make a challenge or is screened off from receiving passes
    Fiorini - looks like he's with us to recover fitness and he must be a long LONG way off, and Apples rated him which is not good news - SHIRKER
    Ladapo - talks a great game in the SLP and has some stats in this division but bugger me he's looked less like a donkey more like an old pit pony after 25 years being flogged underground! -  never in space when we have the ball, never presses defenders when they have the ball hides behind opponents all the time & his first touch shifts the ball further than I have ever kicked one we must be able to get our money back under the trades descriptions act

Out
    Kirk - good riddance to bad rubbish, sadly replaced like for like by Fiorini
    Walker dunno never saw him play
    Tedic loan return - premier league? that's not even funny, miles less shit than Ladapo
    C.Campell loan return -  fragile or just duff,
    CBT -  truly sorry to see him go, if he was set on returning to the midlands then fair enough, definitely worth every penny he cost us and he'll rub salt in the wound this month,
    Abankwah loan return - if he cost a measurable amount of money it was all wasted, wrong bloke? wrong time? makes no odds
    Fraser loan - he's never had the physicality/lungs/whatever to back up his glimpses of silky skill, I won't miss him one bit, if he gets us a fee that's a big bonus
    McGrandles loan - always looked like a raffle prize winner to me, I can't equate the stories of his play elsewhere with the couple of hours of utter dross I saw him serve up in Charlton red, just weird - Apples rating him is the only thing that makes sense

Window overall? Some deadwood swept out. Dobbo retained absolutely the top achievement. Apples sacked a positive. Jury not even been sworn in yet on any of the new arrivals.  Main source of assists has gone without replacement so overall that's not good at all.
    Mark today has to be a 3 - with hope 🙄 of more to come revised downward to 2.5 
    Further window appraisal after 105 minutes of evidence on Saturday 
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    3/10. How Scott has managed to be so useless is beyond belief. Its not the quality of signings, as its too early to tell. Its the areas that need strengthening that is the issue. We have NOT got a striker to hold up the ball. We have NOT replaced cbt, our main provider. We have NOT recruited a no 10 to replace Fraser. What a Mickey Mouse affair. Lose May through injury and we're done. Even if he stays fit, we are bang in trouble
    Gotta agree with this - to bring in so many players and still have fundamental positions not filled is piss poor 
  • Options
    Outs 7/10 - 2 points dropped for losing CBT, one for McLovehandles (as thought he probably had more to offer than we ever got to see at the Valley)

?/10 for Ins, but on paper look a stronger bunch and means we do not need to put so much pressure on the likes of Anderson and Asiimwe. Hopefully Nathan will get a hold of their potential and prove them to be 8/10 rated. 
  • Options
    A post window updated squad listing on here is there anywhere per chance? 🤔 If so, I must have missed it.
  • Options
    1- utter shit 
  • Options
  • Options
    Conor Coventry is a sideways crab.

A shit George Dobson.
  • Options
    Today it feels like 0.
  • Options
    Now I wish to change my number from 7 to 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    8+8+8?

Just 1 would be an improvement!
  • Options
    I had rated it 6.5.  
    If we have sold Dobson it is a 2. 
    We went into the window with 3 elite players in Dobson, May and CBT.  We came out with just May and a whole bunch of bob average L1 no bodies and no formation, plan or creativity.
  • Options
    Zero
  • Options
    A big FAT ZERO
  • Options

Brought in a load of defenders & sold our main attacking threat. We have no width & no creativity and relying on injured players coming back into the team to save us from relegation. 

Oh....and managerless too. 
    Still stick by the above but change my rating to a 3.

And thats only because we now have a manager, although I wait to see if he is any better than anyone else we've had recently. Very early days I know but currently he's got 0 points from 1 game. At least Fleming got a point from his first game in charge.