Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Thought he was good today.

Small spelling differences aside, does he wear 66 as a nod to Sir Alf?
    Pretty sure more Trent Alexander-Arnold!
  • Seemed good considering how long he’s been out for although clumsy for their penalty. Get a preseason under Jones and I think he’ll be dangerous next year 
  • fenaddick said:
    Seemed good considering how long he’s been out for although clumsy for their penalty. Get a preseason under Jones and I think he’ll be dangerous next year 
    Haven't seen it again but at the time thought it was a harsh decision.  
  • fenaddick said:
    Seemed good considering how long he’s been out for although clumsy for their penalty. Get a preseason under Jones and I think he’ll be dangerous next year 
    I agree with @Todds_right_hook above. Definitely a pen. One of those where it feels like it shouldn't be but that's because the rule is written badly
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    I agree with @Todds_right_hook above. Definitely a pen. One of those where it feels like it shouldn't be but that's because the rule is written badly
    Yep. Ball to arm but because of the stupid rules, blatant pen
  • fenaddick said:
    From my view, he stuck out his arm and it was a blatant pen 
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Fair enough. It looked harsh to me (sitting in the north upper) but I haven’t seen a replay. Glad it didn’t really matter in the end. 
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Yep. Ball to arm but because of the stupid rules, blatant pen.

Fair enough, didn't look it though from the AC Stand.
  • se9addick said:
    Thought he was good today.

Small spelling differences aside, does he wear 66 as a nod to Sir Alf?

good lateral deducing there .. would be interesting to get the answer .. be nice if it were a tribute to Sir Alf, long may his memory live on
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised to see him start, but Jones subbed him at the right time as he was knackered at the start of the second half.
  • There is some Liverpool full back who wears 66
  • Ramsay’s arm was away from the body. Even if it was ball to arm and unintentional under the current interpretation it’s a stone wall penalty.
  • A bold shout but I’m predicting Ramsay to win player of the season. Everytime I’ve watched him play I’ve been so impressed, very consistent 
  • NabySarr said:
    A bold shout but I’m predicting Ramsay to win player of the season. Everytime I’ve watched him play I’ve been so impressed, very consistent 
    Still backing this. Player of the season incoming 
  • Absolute quality today,
    as were many others.
  • Better than Small in my opinion, was excellent today. A snip at the 100k we paid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a real bargain and that long contract is great business too
  • edited August 24
    It feels like ages since we've had good fullbacks/wingbacks and this guy is superb. He looks like he's got it all. 
  • Mad that he was in league 2 last year. And that no one else wa offering more in Jan. Kids class.
  • You can see the lad growing as a player. Quite exciting.
  • My only criticism of him is that he's a bit casual at times but maybe that's down to confidence. Looks an excellent signing.
  • His name as a potential signing popped up out of nowhere only a few hours before the deadline.

More like it please Charlton.
    Do we know if Ramsey and Small we ‘Jones signings’, as they seemed to appear on the radar after we were in advanced talks with him.