Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Blackpool vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 27th January 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Ben18 said:
    Does it go down as an own goal?

May’s initial shot is on target, takes 2 deflections and goes in. I think it should be his goal
    I was thinking this. The initial shot was definitely on target. Does two deflections make a difference? I don't think they do.
    When the first deflection takes it away from goal I don't think May can claim it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Think Ladapo and Kanu need to be being rotated on starts. Ladapo hasn't played in ages and now is being started every game for the last 3. It won't end well. 
    I agree & that's how you do your hamstrings. 
  • Options
    Is this the lowest (position wise) we've ever been at this time in the season ?  Obviously under Adkins we were in the bottom 4, but that was very early on in the season. 

Also, have any other ex-Premier League sides ever got relegated into League Two without points deductions ?  
  • Options
    A point’s a point. Let’s keep chipping away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 27
    CF seems like a decent man and I like him. Feels much more of a Charlton type than Adkins, Garner, Appleton and Holden.
    Might be the Irish thing. We like a paddy.
    But…it’s about winning. 
    Think I’d still go for Rowett if possible. Or Jones. Not sure about any of the others 
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Southbank said:
    Hector, Leaburn, Aneke, McGrandles, Fraser, Edun, Taylor and Camara all unavailable today. Too many for  squad of our size and too many potential game changers.
    Jeez. There are so many people with an inflated viewcof our crap players.

Mcgrandles is so shit I’m surprised that he manages to tie up his laces.

It’s not like they’re in this league for fun

As for Aneke, what do you expect?
     He’s made of glass.

Lol
  • Options
    Spot the mistakes 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Need a keeper AMB very dodgy
    We need to sign Maidstone Utds goalkeeper. He was outstanding today against Ipswich in the fa cup.
  • Options
    How was Albie Morgan against us today? 
  • Options
    Happy with the point of course but the reality is we're still a complete mess and on another day we'd have been 3-0 down at half time.

Last half an hour today we were much better but i think we're bang in trouble. A very tough run of games coming up, as well as all the sides below us having games in hand. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us in the bottom 4 at the end of February.

Quite sad how bad things have got when the majority of us are delighted with a point at Blackpool that edges us closer to league one safety!
  • Options
    How was Albie Morgan against us today? 
    Best performance I’ve ever seen from him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel like if Jones picks up form again the CF will have a lot to do with that. He just gets it and will really put the arm round ya and give you that self belief.

It's a good point and sounded like we finished well. Hopefully it's a platform to build on.
  • Options
    very pleased with that against a play off spot chasing team .. shows that hard work, organisation and determination WILL bring points
  • Options
    Happy with the point of course but the reality is we're still a complete mess and on another day we'd have been 3-0 down at half time.

Last half an hour today we were much better but i think we're bang in trouble. A very tough run of games coming up, as well as all the sides below us having games in hand. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us in the bottom 4 at the end of February.

Quite sad how bad things have got when the majority of us are delighted with a point at Blackpool that edges us closer to league one safety!
    First paragraph is bang on unfortunately.
  • Options
    Very lucky to get a point. On a different day we would have got a stuffing. Can’t complain as we need points on the board. An awful lot to work on but there was plenty of fight and character shown today. 
  • Options
    well at least we have signed AMB’s replacement already. 

Will take a point. 

Remains to be seen if we can up our game in front of a raucous Valley or will co time to melt towards league two  
  • Options
    Is this the lowest (position wise) we've ever been at this time in the season ?  Obviously under Adkins we were in the bottom 4, but that was very early on in the season. 

Also, have any other ex-Premier League sides ever got relegated into League Two without points deductions ?  
    Oldham - national league even for them 
  • Options
    Listened to Terry's commentary, and enjoyed Peter Shirtliff's astute observations. 
    He's always been a good listen, shame he can't feature more.