Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• about 20 on the bus. On the way back, most paper tickets will allow you to travel back on a GWR fast service back into Paddington, and you can pick up the Liz from there
  • TeeC said:
    Anyone know what the journey to and from the station is like? 

I guess there’s buses but does it take ages to get back after?
    By rail: The nearest railway station is the Reading Green Park station, approximately 15 minutes' walk to the stadium. Alternatively, Reading Station is connected directly to major cities across the UK and many local towns. From there take the F1 (Reading Station Shuttle Service) commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run frequently to & from the stadium, up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle. 
    The alternative railway station is Reading, which is connected directly to major cities across the UK and many local towns. From there, take the 50A Greenwave Park & Ride bus that takes you directly to the Stadium, with an average journey time less than 10 minutes. Alternatively, a taxi from the railway station or town centre to the Select Car Leasing Stadium should cost approximately £10.
    https://www.readingfc.co.uk/matchday/travel-parking
  • TeeC said:
    Anyone know what the journey to and from the station is like? 

I guess there’s buses but does it take ages to get back after?
    Leave no later than 2, after the game you'll be back by 6.
  • Thank you. I guess I’m wondering if I’ll need to wait for an hour or so to get on a bus for the journey back, or whether that aspect is straightforward enough. On paper train is a no brainer relative to driving, but that journey back to the station could be significant time wise. 
  • Have bought a parking permit Zone 3 at their ground - a tenner but works for us rather than travelling into London and then back out again + reverse by train. I cannot wait to be back in a full away crowd. Pompey away was pretty much the same but not quite and we did not have a new dawn to celebrate at that game either. Grateful for small mercies nowadays clearly
  • TeeC said:
    Thank you. I guess I’m wondering if I’ll need to wait for an hour or so to get on a bus for the journey back, or whether that aspect is straightforward enough. On paper train is a no brainer relative to driving, but that journey back to the station could be significant time wise. 
    Last time I went there’s fleets of buses all lined up waiting to bus you back.
  • edited February 6
    Reading have lost only 3 in their last 15 league games.

Not knowing how many players they lost in January, Reading can be a good tip for safety.
  • Reading have lost only 3 in their last 15 league games.

Not knowing how many players they lost in January, Reading can be a good tip for safety.
    Despite all the talk of a fire sale, I think the only player that played regally who left in the January window was Nelson Abbey (defender). Not sure if some of the squad players that went leave them thin if they pick up injuries, but most of their main players are still there I believe. 
  • RedChaser said:
    TeeC said:
    Thank you. I guess I’m wondering if I’ll need to wait for an hour or so to get on a bus for the journey back, or whether that aspect is straightforward enough. On paper train is a no brainer relative to driving, but that journey back to the station could be significant time wise. 
    From memory they hold the traffic from the car parks to let the first wave of buses leave so as long as you leave straight after the whistle it's not too bad.  I'm going to try Reading Green Park this year as I'll be approaching from the sarf
  • RedChaser said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC, I think the answer is it all depends how many Charlton fans want the shuttle back.
    You do have a 15 min walk back to the buses after, because they close the direct route to avoid away fans going into home fans.
    https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/madejski-stadium-reading.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn’t look like an abundance of places to drink. Where’s everyone going pre-match?
  • New allocation on sale now, just bought mine
  • I’m in with my four cour
  • just got 3 tickets, the other 2 haven't done an away game since Wembley, shows how big the game people feel it is now and with the Nathan Jones factor too.
  • Smithy said:
    Doesn’t look like an abundance of places to drink. Where’s everyone going pre-match?
    Thought the same. Thinking of staying around Paddington and getting the later train, but will decide much closer to Saturday.
  • clive said:
    _MrDick said:
    Elizabeth Line Derby. I’m using my over 60’s travel card as far as it will take me. Might leave it at that and then just turn around and go home and give the match a miss 😳
    Over 60's oyster card is valid as far as West Drayton.
    Over 66 freedom pass issued by one of the 32 London councils is valid as far as Reading.
    This really good news! Thanks
  • Smithy said:
    Doesn’t look like an abundance of places to drink. Where’s everyone going pre-match?
    Thought the same. Thinking of staying around Paddington and getting the later train, but will decide much closer to Saturday.
    Some decent pubs around there to.
  • Smithy said:
    Spoons 5 minutes from station.
  • I've got two spares for this, had a couple of drop outs if anyone wants to pay a bit less i'm happy to do that just to get rid of them!
  • Smithy said:
    Tons of places in Reading itself, not sure there’s much (anything) in the immediate vicinity of the ground however.
  • Sponsored links:

• football special buses then seem to run pretty frequently to the ground from the station
  • se9addick said:
    Smithy said:
    Tons of places in Reading itself, not sure there’s much (anything) in the immediate vicinity of the ground however.
    The Ale House is very good, walking distance from the station.
  • Can't make my mind up whether to drive or get the train. Assume there's plenty of buses from the station to the ground?
  • Can't make my mind up whether to drive or get the train. Assume there's plenty of buses from the station to the ground?
    Yeh, surprisingly for trainspotters we’ve given plenty of bus knowledge already on this thread 😉
    Yes, as my tight chum @redchaser can confirm.
  • Sorry I was being incredibly lazy not just looking for myself :D
  • Sorry I was being incredibly lazy not just looking for myself :D
    No need to apologise mate not everyone’s got time to read every post on this site, let the train (and bus) take the strain and have a few beers 😉
  • Last minute change of mind, have booked a ticket.
    So despite having a freedom pass, decided to book the valley away coach. Just in case of transport problems station to stadium & return.