Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    cafc4life said:
    after all the build up this week with the new managers, interviews etc, this has 3-0 Reading written all over it.

hope im wrong
    I don’t know that we’ll win, but I’d be pretty surprised if we get thrashed. Despite us being awful for large portions of it, we haven’t really been battered much this season.
    Only lost by more than one goal on three occasions, each time was by two: Lincoln (A) 1-3, Bolton (H) 0-2, Burton (A) 0-2.

-16 GD from our defeats vs. +13 GD from our victories means that our goal difference overall is actually very good for a teams that’s lost almost double the games it’s won…
    Yeah, but look at the league table instead of clutching at straws.
    I'm not being nasty but think of a Bucks Fizz number.
  • se9addick said:
    cafc4life said:
    after all the build up this week with the new managers, interviews etc, this has 3-0 Reading written all over it.

hope im wrong
    I don’t know that we’ll win, but I’d be pretty surprised if we get thrashed. Despite us being awful for large portions of it, we haven’t really been battered much this season.
    Only lost by more than one goal on three occasions, each time was by two: Lincoln (A) 1-3, Bolton (H) 0-2, Burton (A) 0-2.

-16 GD from our defeats vs. +13 GD from our victories means that our goal difference overall is actually very good for a teams that’s lost almost double the games it’s won…
    ?Land od Make Believe?
  • edited February 8
    fenaddick said:
    Ha !

Someone's been reading my post !!

Edit 

see below
  • Any chance of actually playing in red?
    Contractually we are obliged not to do the bleeding obvious.
    If it was down to me I would give the money back to the sponsor & tell them "thanks, but we'd rather be wearing RED from now on" and be done with it. 
    Well done Greenwich Uni.  ;)
  • se9addick said:
    cafc4life said:

hope im wrong

?Land od Make Believe?
    Try again.
  • I’m guessing this means black shorts 
  • edited February 8
    se9addick said:
    Smithy said:
    Doesn’t look like an abundance of places to drink. Where’s everyone going pre-match?
    Spoons 5 minutes from station.
    I am going to be in the Nags Head in Russell Street. They run a bus to the ground and back for a few quid (last time i went it was £2) the 2-0 win for us game. It’s a 5 minutes walk from Reading West Station. Best selection of real ales and cider around. 
    That sounds really good!
    It is someone told me the bus didn't run anymore, and a mate said it does. If your going pop in and introduce yourself. The pub is worth visiting on itself.

The 2 nil match I wore my colours in there no issue even on the bus back.
  • edited February 8
    fenaddick said:
    Ha !

Someone's been reading my post !!

Edit 

see below
    Not having that, there’s been plenty of us on here banging on about the need to play in our traditional red and to stop chasing every £. Anyway  self praise is no praise indeed 😉.
  • se9addick said:
    cafc4life said:

hope im wrong

?Land od Make Believe?
    Try again.
    Making your mind up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not happy as I was planning to wear my black raincoat and black jeans  ;)

Interesting that it's been confirmed that we're contractually obliged to wear our change kit.
  • RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    cafc4life said:

hope im wrong

?Land od Make Believe?
    Try again.
    Making your mind up.

Try again.
  • Think I'll be driving to this now. Has anyone parked at Mereoak park and ride before / any parking pointers apart from not trying to park next to the ground? Cheers 
  • edited February 9
    hermann said:
    Think I'll be driving to this now. Has anyone parked at Mereoak park and ride before / any parking pointers apart from not trying to park next to the ground? Cheers 
    If you are prepared for a 20 odd minute walk, go left at junction 11 down to the lights and turn left. There is roadside parking there.

Or go right at junction 11 but instead of going down the dual carriageway past the ground take the old road into Reading and turn right at any of the side streets there. 

But be warned, these are the roads that are often seen on road wars on the TV. 
  • Croydon said:
    fenaddick said:
    This feels like a slight nudge dangerously into 'operation' territory 
    I've had 3000 zorro masks made up...
    Taking a whole load of bandages as well? Thought the mask + bandage look a definite improvement last game although may lead to some unecessary punching. 
  • Croydon said:
    fenaddick said:
    This feels like a slight nudge dangerously into 'operation' territory 
    I've had 3000 zorro masks made up...
    Taking a whole load of bandages as well? Thought the mask + bandage look a definite improvement last game although may lead to some unecessary punching. 
    I was thinking more Facundo Sava vibes - https://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/fulham-star-sava-starts-mask-fad-at-charlton.aspx

but it does work well for AMB too!
  • Anyone got a spare ticket for tomorrow please. Happy to meet in Paddington, Reading or ground.
  • Anyone got a spare ticket for tomorrow please. Happy to meet in Paddington, Reading or ground.
    Just tried to message you but the site won't let me, ive got a spare if you still need 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 9
    DENCH said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket for tomorrow please. Happy to meet in Paddington, Reading or ground.
    Just tried to message you but the site won't let me, ive got a spare if you still need 
    Hi mate. Just confirming now. Will respond asap.

Yes please if ticket is still available. Where would be best place to meet? I should be around Paddington from 12 onwards.
  • edited February 9
    My tickets have helpfully been thrown away by an unnamed member of the household. Anyone know if it’s possible to organise a replacement/ anyone know of 2 spares available? 
  • Smithy said:
    My tickets have helpfully been thrown away but an unnamed member of the household. Anyone know if it’s possible to organise a replacement/ anyone know of 2 spares available? 
    Get Intouch  with reading or Charlton with your email confirmation and explain should be able to arrange replacements with proof of purchase
  • Smithy said:
    My tickets have helpfully been thrown away but an unnamed member of the household. Anyone know if it’s possible to organise a replacement/ anyone know of 2 spares available? 
    Sounds like 'er indoors want you to go shopping with her tomorrow. 
  • Smithy said:
    My tickets have helpfully been thrown away by an unnamed member of the household. Anyone know if it’s possible to organise a replacement/ anyone know of 2 spares available? 
    That’s called an intervention. 
  • Been told bus from nags head return is a fiver. 
  • I’m still looking for a spare ticket today. If anyone has one available. Thank you 
  • DENCH said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket for tomorrow please. Happy to meet in Paddington, Reading or ground.

Yes please if ticket is still available. Where would be best place to meet? I should be around Paddington from 12 onwards.
    Follow the Bear!!
  • DENCH said:

Follow the Bear!!

Here’s a photo for you.