Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Miserable Decline of Charlton Athletic

2»

Comments

• Options
    A well written article.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I got about halfway through and stopped reading. Good article, but it was just giving me the raging ump.
  • Options
    It didn't give the impression there's much hope right now. Thoroughly depressing.
  • Options
    Such an apt title 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Good read. Made it sound like Sandgaard got us into the Championship though. 

If only there was a young Jimmy Seed out there in coaching land or even a young Eddie Howe who even outdid the legend that is Jimmy Seed by taking Bournemouth from League 2 to the Premier.( He did leave for a while to go to Burnley but soon went back and carried on the success.

TBF to Jimmy not only did he take Cafc on the journey from third tier to First but I believe we finished 2nd in the top flight.

All we want is a manager to achieve the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier in 18 months. 
    Is that really an impossible dream.

Didn't get the i today as still reading the weekend version but many insightful articles about different clubs not just the red top quotes on manager speak after games.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Good read. Made it sound like Sandgaard got us into the Championship though. 
    Yes, that and saying Bowyer was sacked. Other than that, an accurate summary of the shit show.
  • Options
    I particularly like this bit:
    "Once bitten, twice shy – Charlton supporters have bite marks all the way up their arms."
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Stig said:
    Thought this was the title of a new book. A good companion piece to the Rise and Rise.
    There was another book a while later, When The Robins Stopped Bobbing.

I’m waiting for the sequel to this. Perhaps titled “…..and back again!”
    This seasons edition: "Welling to Wankers"