Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Miserable Decline of Charlton Athletic

edited January 22 in General Charlton
Big article in the i paper today

https://t.co/v8GDItEVPb

Comments

• Options
    Thought this was the title of a new book. A good companion piece to the Rise and Rise.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Daniel is a superb writer and really pleased he's decided to have a focus on us for a long read. He absolutely loves the game and as he's a fan of the game first and foremost, I think it lends an authenticity and gravitas to his writing on this. Well worth the read.
    It's also well researched and doesn't lean on cliches. It's the perfect summary for when someone asks what happened to the club
  • Options
    How do I read it without getting hijacked by a request to subscribe?
    Sorry, fogey alert
  • Options
    Thought this was the title of a new book. A good companion piece to the Rise and Rise.
    There was another book a while later, When The Robins Stopped Bobbing.
  • Options
    Sorry, fogey alert
    Use the link in second post
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure I'm quite ready to read that at the moment.
  • Options
    Sorry, fogey alert
    Use this link (posted above): https://archive.ph/er8Ja
  • Options
    A great read.
  • Options
    Think he's pretty much nailed it there.
  • Options
    Good read. Made it sound like Sandgaard got us into the Championship though. 
  • Options

Is that the north stand bogs?
  • Options
    Can't be. There's no smoke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unless he says the fans forced out Curbishley then it is not worth reading

• Options
    argh - blocked site at work, will have to look at later
  • Options
    Thanks for posting AFKA, very good read the succinctly sums up the past 20 years of being a Charlton fan. Admittedly I was overseas for most of that time but that didn't dull my love for the club and my anger and despair at what was going on. I know so many people who don't go now that I wonder if I had remained in the UK, whether I may have joined them.

Despite what's been happening in the past 20 years, the atmosphere at The Valley recently must be the worst I've experienced since our return. Something has to change but how many times have we said that and has it yet changed for the better?
  • Options
    Not all bad then, we're still ahead of AFC Wimbledon and Sutton 'kin' United.
  • Options
    And we beat Welling pre-season. So much negativity on here.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting AFKA, very good read the succinctly sums up the past 20 years of being a Charlton fan. Admittedly I was overseas for most of that time but that didn't dull my love for the club and my anger and despair at what was going on. I know so many people who don't go now that I wonder if I had remained in the UK, whether I may have joined them.

Despite what's been happening in the past 20 years, the atmosphere at The Valley recently must be the worst I've experienced since our return. Something has to change but how many times have we said that and has it yet changed for the better?
    Whereabouts?
    Luton.
  • Options
    A 'derby' with Bromley on the cards next season to look forward to. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    There was another book a while later, When The Robins Stopped Bobbing.

I’m waiting for the sequel to this. Perhaps titled “…..and back again!”