Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Peterborough United | Saturday 13th January 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

124»

Comments

• But I thought all our experts said were wedded to a 4-3-3 and it's the only formation Appleton has played in his life???
    Because he pretty much has, he's played 433 or a variation of (4231/451 usually) for about 80% of his games in charge. 

He's only utilitised 3/5 at the back in a dozen games in total, according to transfermarkt, and even then it looks like he uses it in times of injury crisis
  • Louis Mendez has confirmed that Hector and CBT are absent due to injury
    Not the old ‘calf strain’?
  • No idea what that formation is.

Five at the back? 
    3-4-3
  • Didnt even notice Hector was missing. 
  • Didnt even notice Hector was missing. 
    You won't be saying this at half 3 ;) 
  • Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Is Terry Taylor available?

I thought Terry-Thomas was a defender, not a midfielder.

His "ding dong!" catchphrase refers to our chaotic style of defending, especially in the latter stages of matches.
  • edited January 13
    ...yes, when Lucas Ness will have effortlessly denied every Posh attack and middled every clearance directly onto Alfie May's toe 
  • Jones, Ness and Thomas at the back? 
    Slightly concerning. 
    Reckon Hector might be off as well as CBT. 
  • edited January 13
    sam3110 said:
    Fuck me, I think it's a 343?

3 goals from the oppo central midfielder, 4 from the oppo centre forward, 3 from the oppo left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 13
    I'd just like to preface today's game by saying that for all the Hector criticism, I can't remember anyone ever suggesting Ness should be starting ahead of him.
  • I honestly had Ness down to possibly go out on loan in League 2 just to get him some games. So to see him now starting is quite the turn up. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jones, Ness and Thomas at the back? 
    Slightly concerning. 
    Hector only committed a couple of months back
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jones, Ness and Thomas at the back? 
    Slightly concerning. 
    If Hector's off it would be good business getting a fee for him especially when he's out of contract in the summer anyway. However, I do actually think he's probably injured.
  • Hector = Hamstring inury
  • edited January 13
    Gribbo said:
    Hector = Hamstring inury
    No, no mate you’re not supposed believe that get on board with a possible conspiracy theory 😉. Having said that we signed O’Connell who didn’t last long last season when Wrexham came in for him in January.
  • edited January 13
  • Ness is only playing because Gillesphey wasn't registered in time and Hector is injured, let's not kid ourselves he's suddenly fantastic and first name on the teamsheet again