Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Peterborough United | Saturday 13th January 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• edited January 12
    Peterborough are easy on the eye, have good rotations and put it all together at a tempo. 
    They transition into a defensive shape quickly, if they have a weaker point it tends to be with the the LB Burrows, positionally, (because he’s always got one eye on going forward) his 1 goal and 4 assists in 6 league games explains that. 
    We need to keep Joe Randall quiet, he conducts things nicely and creates plenty of good opportunities. 
    Also admire the way they stick to their guns regardless! They build from the back, have been pressed, caught out and conceded from it but won’t be moved from it. Can we capitalise on it?

Intrigued to see the new boys in action tomorrow.
    Can’t see past a 3-1 loss unfortunately 
  • ButtleJR said:
    fenaddick said:
    I predict Posh win comfortably and I get completely rinsed by all my Posh fan colleagues on Monday. Their wingers will have Watson and Edun on toast
    In the same boat mate 😂
    And me..
  • Will be there of course, but seems like another inevitable defeat.
  • Really dislike the Posh not least because of a few of their so called fans giving it the big'n on the way out earlier this season and saying how we never beat them. Well we don't to be fair to them. Really hope we do not get JCH as I would not want to give a penny to their self loving chairman. We can do better with that much cash. Stop the rot, 1-1.
  • We’ll mess up a few accumulator hopefuls in this one 2-2. Fiorini bags a late equaliser. All change, all change please…
  • Well up for this. 3-2 win. COYR!
  • seth plum said:
    A must win.
    For who?
  • Finally decided that I wont be going tomorrow. Love to see the new players in action  but I feel it's a bit too soon & they will be like strangers in the night. Also, with no new firepower upfront we are still relying on CBT to both supply the chances & finish them. Still.....lots of goals assured.

2-5. JCH with a hat trick & a two fingered salute to the cover end ala Mark.Aizlewood. 
  • Was fuming and wanted to throw my phone in the toilet after Port Vale, now I’m buzzing for another match day after our exciting transfer business today. Don’t know how I maintain that positivity week in week out if im honest 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 13
    Yeah will be surprised if we don’t lose tomorrow - the revolution starts next weekend at Burton.

Bolton and Peterborough are my picks for top two by the end of the season. Bolton were fairly comfortable and good value for 0-2 in October so I’ll pick the same scoreline for tomorrow.

Always hope for the best nonetheless. COYR
  • Just woke up to another signing. Has HMS piss the league had a fit out? I'm going for a Charlton win and a good shot in the arm for our moral. 
  • We should see the best out of some of our players knowing they are fighting for their place in the team 
    So I expecting a good 3-1 win 
    To the mighty CAFC COYR  B)
  • another game cannot get to. I come from Hertfordshire. Tunnel shut ( it says one way but looks like both ways) if get there roads shut getting on main road to use Dartford Tunnel. What a mess.
  • Maynard-Brewer
    T.Watson Hector Jones Edun
    Dobson Bakinson
    T.Campbell L.Watson Blackett-Taylor
    Kanu

Isted Thomas Asiimwe Fiorini Coventry C.Campbell May

1-1
  • another game cannot get to. I come from Hertfordshire. Tunnel shut ( it says one way but looks like both ways) if get there roads shut getting on main road to use Dartford Tunnel. What a mess.
    The tunnel is open northbound only but traffic is diverted through the southbound tunnel, so some of the junctions around the area are shut. 
  • Thanks. The instructions are very unclear about how you can get out of the Bugsby’s Way side onto the A2so I can get round to Dartford Tunnel.
  • the new signings appear to be promising but just can't see how we can win a game without some presence up top - all about getting some forwards in now and building for next season 

• I think is making money 
  • Sponsored links:

• Midfield has been the problem but perhaps too early for the recruits to make an impact unless all three start. 
    Not beating Posh in 12 has shown how far the club has fallen. 
    Love to say a draw, but 1-2. 
  • 4:2 Charlton. Can't name 4 players gee...
  • As posted by another poster elsewhere JCH to score the weirdest hat trick ever. Puts Posh ahead by half time, signs for us at half time, then bangs two in second half to win us the game.

Joking apart, 3-1 home win.
  • Listening to Charlton Live and the Peterborough fan they had on it sounds like they could be the best side to turn up at the Valley so far this term, better than Bolton even.

Will be pleased with a gritty performance with no silly goals conceded and to see  few of the new signings if available and return of May if fit.  Will be ecstatic with a win.
  • I'm expecting patchy performances whilst we're in transition with the new additions. We must turn any good spells into goals,  but I fear the weekend ruining run is set to continue this time out, with Posh to shade it in scrappy affair. 1-2.
  • I fancy us to win this, I hope an optimistic atmosphere is floating over and in the Valley following our complete re-manning of the midfield .. I am assuming at least two of them are selected today
  • 3-1
    I hope you are as accurate with your forecast as you are with your after game stats
  • How can anyone be accused of being pessimistic when in fact the word is pragmatic.

We will lose this one as half our new recruits are not match fit and the other half will get injured.  Meanwhile, Dobson and CBT to sit it out as they await their move to greener pastures. 

Onwards and upwards  One step forward, two back. 

Setting the bar low gives the chance to celebrate a draw ... better get ready I s'pose, where's me long johns?