Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Port Vale Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 6th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• WTF was AMB doing for the 3rd…
  • 37 goals conceded now which would put us 19th in the League Table. 
  • Always a chance if you actually have a shot when you have sight of goal. 
  • Completely unforgivable to go ahead 3 times and not win the game 
    Just underlines the complete lack of character in the team
  • At 3-2 up I had absolutely no doubt how this would end. I was just happy we got a goal late enough to get away with a point. Surely this manager has to go, I've never known a Charlton team this consistently embarrassing in the same avoidable way over and over
  • edited January 6
    Took the lead 3 times and still only drew.

Get the f out Charlton 
  • Just watched the latest edition of Carry On Cock Up
    Tune in next week for Carry On Hammered. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Looking at those stats it's a miracle we drew.

Heady days, smash and grabbing a point at Port Vale.
  •  I'm losing the will to keep up with our fixtures, we're just too woefully anonymous in key positions.

Thank you all for the updates.
  • ct_addick said:
    WTF was AMB doing for the 3rd…
    and the first i m o .. confirms that he is the next thing to fucking useless
  • ct_addick said:
    WTF was AMB doing for the 3rd…
    Would love to see it from behind the goal, or behind the Striker

For him not to dive, there must be a body in the way, meaning he's seen it far too late

Its the only reason I can think of
  • The strange thing is that is AMB hadn't made some fantastic saves we could have lost that 7-3 yet he still gave me kittens throughout the match and got nowhere near another penalty. 
  • Appleton will list off a tonne of positives from this "result" now - you can see it coming a mile off
  • Crappleton strikes again! We all knew it wouldn't end 3-2. 
  • Just seen the goals against,why are we concentrating on buying strikers and midfield players when it is clear to blind pugh that we need defenders who can actually stop the ball going in our net.
  • Seven games without a league win.
    One league win in ten.
    Useless....
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen the goals against,why are we concentrating on buying strikers and midfield players when it is clear to blind pugh that we need defenders who can actually stop the ball going in our net.
    Where was the Midfield to help the Defence, when Massey just waltzed through - I mean he got his shot away between the two lines of Midfield / Defence. It was a hot knife through butter
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    That was shocking, Port Vale absolutely battered us for most of that game. Lucky to escape with a draw 
    Watched it with my mate who is an Arsenal fan. He suggested that we didn't deserve to lose or draw. 
    Specsavers is required for your mate
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    That was shocking, Port Vale absolutely battered us for most of that game. Lucky to escape with a draw 
    Watched it with my mate who is an Arsenal fan. He suggested that we didn't deserve to lose or draw. 
    I guess I normally sit on the more ‘positive’ side of things, but they had about 30,000 shots, and spent much of the game walking through our midfield.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Did he enjoy the quality on display?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    We are biased. We have seen so much of it, we only see the bad now. 
  • APPLETON IN 
    APPLETON OUT
    1st and 3rd goals directly the fault of midfielders
  • We've now drawn more games than anyone else in league one ( nine ). I wonder how many of them were from winning positions? 
  • Paper thin mentality and soft as shit.. concede late AGAIN…we were lucky we even get a point. Let’s take a guess what Appleton will say post game.. will it be “beaten by a wonderful goal” / “best game under him” / “decent performance and we were unlucky” .. maybe all 3? This is grim grim times… Port vale… unreal. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!