Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Appleton wants perspective as poor run continues

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2
    Valley11 said:
    The Curbs dig and now this. 
    You might be a lower league jobber but this club is bigger and better than that. 
    Get him gone. His personality is all over this squad. Give up mentality. 
    You cannot tell me there aren’t better candidates around. It’s just not true. 
    I am really starting to regret not challenging that comment more and pressing him about the board instead. I wanted the insight to the owners budget and what they've told him, but really that comment shouldn't have flown. 

Apologies everyone, hindsight is a wonderful thing but I definitely was too easy on him in regards to my questions. I'll be at Port Vale and if my brain chemicals are off, I'll probably wait around again tbf.

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    You might be a lower league jobber but this club is bigger and better than that. 
    I am really starting to regret not challenging that comment more and pressing him about the board instead. I wanted the insight to the owners budget and what they've told him, but really that comment shouldn't have flown. 

Apologies everyone, hindsight is a wonderful thing but I definitely was too easy on him in regards to my questions. I'll be at Port Vale and if my brain chemicals are off, I'll probably wait around again tbf.

Don't be to hard on yourself, I must of missed the Curb's dig, what was said?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

That we need to ‘move on’ (from Curbs).
    Geezer is a fecking clown.
    You do what you can @braz@Braziliance we appreciate it 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Feel like I've missed a post or a video of something here?
  • Options
    edited January 2
    Valley11 said:

mendonca said:
    Valley11 said:

Feel like I've missed a post or a video of something here?
    I waited outside after the Bristol Rovers game with Josh (he does Charlton vlogs as well), Ben and Nick plus their partners. We spoke with Appleton, Josh disagreed with Appletons comments about him saying we played well (which was fair play by Josh) he then responded with his back up a bit and blamed the youth. 

Stephen Henderson got annoyed at Josh and essentially accused him of planting seeds and purposely growing a disdain for Appleton. 

Josh said no, he just disagreed with Appletons post match comments, I then interrupted and said its neither here nor there, the performances haven't been good enough, do we have money to spend as we clearly need players. 

After Appleton saying he did, Hendo chimed in again and said to us (mainly Josh who he was really gazing at) that what does he think is going to happen at Charlton? All we ever do is sack managers and it never works, we need to be patient. 

Appleton then basically followed it up by saying 'I've seen ridiculous suggestions online like get Curbs back, what is that about, Charlton fans need to move on, we are a league 1 side atm' pretty much word for word. 

I am annoyed in hindsight I didn't call him out for that comment, I just simply said I don't care, you've said you have money, let's see if you do as we need players. 
  • Options
    From when he took over: 

“Simple messaging is going to be really important,” Appleton told Charlton’s official website, when asked how the build-up to Stevenage will look. “It is hard to hit the ground running sometimes but that’s what everybody looks to do, coming into a place for the first time.

“Be brave. But probably more than ever make sure when we go into a game no-one outworks us or has more energy and athleticism. It is something I do believe we’re capable of doing.

“I need us, and want us, to be much better at set-plays in both boxes. We need to be more aggressive.

“Out of possession and on the turnover we need to be a little cuter and more organised. That will almost give us the starting block to move things forward and move them quickly. I’ve always had a brand of football I like to think gets people out of seats. I want to be a possession-based team without the amount of passes some teams do when they call themselves a possession-based team.

“I don’t want to get 700-800 passes a game. I want us to dominate the ball but do it the right way – always looking forward and be brave – getting in behind opposition. I’ve got a team who are athletic enough to do that.

Did it happen? 

He's been wrong on every count. Astounding
  • Options
    Get rid of the rubbish manager I have no desire to use my season ticket anymore.
  • Options
    I was fuming reading that article. But after hearing Henderson say Appleton is the man, I feel very assured. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2
    From the little I’ve seen of this Appleton team, he wants to try to build and play out from the back but then there’s zero idea or purpose in the final third when attacking. It’s too wide and and the ball isn’t played into or through the centre enough, where most goals are scored from. 

They’re incapable of winning the ball back most of the time and get pinned in their own half for long periods before inevitably conceding.
  • Options
    Perspective only matters if you are both looking at what's happening and crucially SEEING what's happening
    Perspective also useful if you have the intellect and intention to use it.
    Apples I'll give you some perspective: 3 points from 6 games, at least 9 point squandered from winning positions in one month, our best midfielder given a couple of very brief cameos while a tosser is tolerated and kids are cruelly exposed
    The only perspective that UTPTBOM understands is in the form of funds deposited to his current account
  • Options
    I was fuming reading that article. But after hearing Henderson say Appleton is the man, I feel very assured. 
    But is that not because he's part of the 'management team' that may get the bump if a new man is installed? 
  • Options
    Here's my perspective, Appleton - Foxtrot Oscar out that door and keep walking.