Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Well I want to win some games of football, but you don't always get what you want.
  • Options

Rule number one Appleton, when in a hole stop digging.
  • Options
    “But when you are consistently in those moments with the group we’ve got at the minute, for me they deserve praise because they are putting themselves in those moments against decent sides.”

This just infuriates me 
    Such low standards and expectations. I get he won’t want to increase the pressure on the players but go too far and you’re making a mid table finish acceptable. It gives them the excuse not to push that bit harder because an average season is all that’s expected of them.
  • Options
    Still at least we’re out of the cups and can concentrate on the league…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Manc talking shite yet again... shock
  • Options
    Is he trying to get sacked?
  • Options
    He's already back tracking on signings.

Using the phrase "if we can" when talking about improving the squad by bringing in new players. 
  • Options

Using the phrase "if we can" when talking about improving the squad by bringing in new players. 

If I was in charge I would not let him spend a thing, an acceptable position for Charlton is mid table in the Championship.
  • Options
    And didn’t he say “one or two new players…”
  • Options
    edited January 1
    One point he also ignores is that Oxford had a load of players out too.
  • Options
    Message to Appleton - Eff off, you serial loser.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    NugNug
    edited January 1
    Valley11 said:
    The Curbs dig and now this. 
    You might be a lower league jobber but this club is bigger and better than that. 
    Get him gone. His personality is all over this squad. Give up mentality. 
    You cannot tell me there aren’t better candidates around. It’s just not true. 
    There are better candidates out there but can we persuade them to come or offer them the budget they would need to turn things around? Doubtful looking in from the outside currently. I reckon we’d be no better off. I really didn’t want Appleton and I think he is about as bland a manager you could hire but I really think we need to see the season out now. It’s not like we’re going to be doing a rebuild in this window, doubt we’ll even sign more than 2 or 3 permanently. I would see the season out and if it’s still mid-table rubbish then have someone lined up to take over as soon as the final whistle on the last game goes.
  • Options
    Seems to me getting a new guy in now would mean he gets the rest of this season to work out what is wrong and implement his ideas. 
    We can’t just stick with this beige surrender merchant. 
    It’s killing the club.

• Options
    edited January 1
    I’d say so . Sacked or relegated. What other reason is he making ridiculous decisions 
  • Options
    pickwick said:

If I was in charge I would not let him spend a thing, an acceptable position for Charlton is mid table in the Championship.
    I thought Scott was responsible for recruitment.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    The Curbs dig and now this. 
    You might be a lower league jobber but this club is bigger and better than that. 
    Get him gone. His personality is all over this squad. Give up mentality. 
    You cannot tell me there aren’t better candidates around. It’s just not true. 
    There are but SE7 are not digging deep enough.
  • Options
    I’d say so . Sacked or relegated. What other reason is he making ridiculous decisions 
    He'd get sacked long before a relegation problem.
    He's been shafted and calling SE7 to sack him. My opinion only.
  • Options
    edited January 2

Pre game so don’t know how many made it but MA seems to have forgotten other clubs have injuries too.

He also suggested many of our injuries would be starters, but three of ours are CMs so there’s no way they’d all start when we know MA only plays 4-2-3-1. Isted is unlikely to start too, and if MA understands Chuks injury record he’d only be on the bench too.

A stronger bench no doubt helps a lot, but he’s exaggerating how many would start.

This is what our OS said:

The Addicks will be without Harry Isted (knee), Conor McGrandles (calf), Terry Taylor (ankle), Panutche Camará (hamstring), Chuks Aneke (hamstring) and Miles Leaburn (hamstring).

Billy Bodin and Josh Murphy could both return for the visitors, though Sam Long (ankle), Stephan Negru (hamstring), Greg Leigh (calf), Kyle Edwards (hamstring) and Marcus Browne (hamstring) are all sidelined.

• Options
    OK
    heres sone perspective. 
    We are 3 defeats away from a relegation scrap and it’s only NYD. 
    Only if all the teams below win regularly, which is unlikely to happen. 
    Still nervous though.