Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer in the stands

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry about your mum. The steward who does our bit of the Curbishley stand is really nice and occasionally has to go after someone carrying a pint down there, it's quite funny really, especially if they neck it rather than carry it back. Having said that I'm ok that it's banned because of the chucking it up in the air thing (not that there are many opportunities to do that, I suppose). 
  • Options
    I very rarely see anyone drinking in their seats in the Curbs stand, the stewards standing at each block entrance seem fairly in control.
  • Options
    No one has ever bothered about me having a nip from my hip flask.
    Got to have something to take the pain away while watching the footie
  • Options
    Wouldn’t give a shit if someone smuggled a pint to their seat but would draw the line if they smoked or vaped!
  • Options
    I thought that blankets and flasks were compulsory in the West stand?
  • Options
    edited January 3
    I don't see why people cant do without a fag or drink for the duration of a game, not when there is such exciting top notch entertainment and skill on show.
  • Options
    After watching the shit on the pitch these days , people deserve a drink 🥃 
  • Options
    .Billy_Mix said:
    Email the stadium bloke at the club and he'll quietly sort it out
    Had similar last Christmas/New Year in our bit of the Curbside and it stopped as soon as I raised it.
    Our views on whether it's good/bad/anything else are irrelevant all the while it's actually illegal.  Only needs some local authority or plod busybody to spot it and the club's in for a world of hassle.  The 1% tosser element in every crowd will inevitably ruin it for the rest of us.
    Did someone having a beer upset you so much that you had to report it??
    Could always have a ginger beer?
  • Options
    .Billy_Mix said:
    Email the stadium bloke at the club and he'll quietly sort it out
    Had similar last Christmas/New Year in our bit of the Curbside and it stopped as soon as I raised it.
    Our views on whether it's good/bad/anything else are irrelevant all the while it's actually illegal.  Only needs some local authority or plod busybody to spot it and the club's in for a world of hassle.  The 1% tosser element in every crowd will inevitably ruin it for the rest of us.
    Did someone having a beer upset you so much that you had to report it??
    It was a couple of groups already plastered constantly up and down throughout the games disrupting scores of fans if that makes any difference
    An occasional pint wouldn't have been noticeable would it?
    The point very much being that a plod or local authority busy body could have caused all sorts of trouble for the club because of the negligence of one or two and the callous indifference of a few more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless it’s vastly improved from the last time I had a pint in the ground, it’s practically like drinking water anyway. 

I don’t have an issue if someone wants to drink an overpriced awful pint in the stands. The  issue will be as Billy Mix states if a local authority busybody causes problems, I can see the club grasping at anything to close sections of the ground to save money which i hazard a guess could  be one of the punishments, 
  • Options
    Unless it’s vastly improved from the last time I had a pint in the ground, it’s practically like drinking water anyway. 

I don’t have an issue if someone wants to drink an overpriced awful pint in the stands. The  issue will be as Billy Mix states if a local authority busybody causes problems, I can see the club grasping at anything to close sections of the ground to save money which i hazard a guess could  be one of the punishments, 
    Why are they a council busybody? The law's very clear and, as the licensing authority, they would be up a certain creek if there was a safety incident that was caused or exacerbated by supporters drinking in the ground that they knew the club was ignoring.

It's their job to ensure the conditions of the licence and the law are complied with. They aren't the equivalent of the chair of the Neighbourhood Watch.
  • Options
    edited January 4
    I was just quoting Billy Mix, it could be anybody that reports it. If the stewards were doing their job properly it wouldn’t happen and there wouldn’t be any issue or this thread. 

The stewards  are not and the club has a duty to do something  about it if they are aware it is happening. 

i have seen empty beer cans as well which shows how good the searches are before the game and that anything could be taken in.

As per my post I wouldn’t drink in my seat because

A) it’s not legal to do so 
    B. the beer is so sh*t I wouldn’t want to 
    C) I can go two hours without a beer 
    D) I want to watch the game not queue for a beer which means people leave 10 minutes before half time to make sure they get one. 

Ultimately, people shouldn’t be drinking in view of the pitch its the law at all Football and Premier league ground the stewards should stop them entering the stands with any alcohol . if they refuse I am guessing they should be ejected by the wonderful guys in black who I haven’t seen for a while thinking about it…….

I would imagine  the one thing the licensing authority would do is remove /suspend the licence which would cause the club massive issues. As this must be a valuable income stream and would mean no crossbars or hospitality on matchdays. 

In short I agree with you