Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Just realized no Tedic … New year begins good ,up until kick off that is.
    Says missing out due to concussion protocols. 
  • Options
    Up now...the whole place is falling apart!!
    Yep, thanks. Oh great, a massive bell-end fills the screen
  • Options
    Stream now on
  • Options
    edited January 1
    How can a professional football manager put out such a weak midfield? Surely Watson starts ahead of Anderson!

A team with both Campbell's and CBT in it really worries me unless they miraculously get their act together and score loads of goals. Apart from Dobbo there's nobody who can break up play and win possession in midfield.
  • Options
    Remember Oxford putting 4 past us under Jackson at The Valley, when we had an injury crisis. Feel like today will be similar.  Expecting a punting. 

Starting 11 looks like the team you put out in the Checkatrade. Better be good news tomorrow when the window re-opens.

• Options
    No Alfie today, so only 2-0...🙄
  • Options
    Maybe he had forgotten where Manchester is.

• Options
    Anyone who's still having trouble with the stream, try refreshing the page. I was having the same problem but that did the trick
  • Options
    Maybe he had forgotten where Manchester is.

Not a bad thing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're going to be overran, overworked and outscored.

Bang goes my New Year resolution to be positive!
  • Options
    That's a team that gets a manager sacked.
  • Options
    Danny Mills on Charlton TV… day’s off to a bad start.

Thought he didn’t like working over the holiday period anyway?
    Hull City. (We were there
  • Options
    I find it amazing that we are favourites to win the game on the Betfair exchange, with us trading at 2.6 and Oxford at 2.8.
  • Options
    Should be an interesting studio with Danny Mills in place of Brownie...
  • Options
    Team thin on the ground. But need the crowd to get behind the team. Proper 12th man performance. If the youngsters work hard, and with a fair wind might scrape a win. Think it will be a nervy 2-1
  • Options
    Louis Watson being recalled according to Cawley. Massive shame!
    Don't blame Luton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why put Danny Mills on... Who's next, Ben Watson? 
  • Options
    really dislike Mills. 
  • Options
    On Charlton TV Danny Mills has just admitted he used to get suspended over Christmas to have a braek as its such an intense period - said in a jokey jokey way, but actions speak louder than words and it was clear at the time it was intentional.   I try to remember the good side of Danny Mills - scoring in the first 5 mins of his debut away at Crewe and being one of the final pieces of the jigsaw - along with Eddie Youds - that got us promoted in 98.

Also on the preview show Curbs completely swerved a question about player recruitment in January.

Hoping for the best today, but fearing the worse
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why put Danny Mills on... Who's next, Ben Watson? 
    His kid plays for Oxford, probably the only reason he cared to show up today.
  • Options
    someone with whats app send a message and tell Mills to fuck off. 
  • Options
    Team thin on the ground. But need the crowd to get behind the team. Proper 12th man performance. If the youngsters work hard, and with a fair wind might scrape a win. Think it will be a nervy 2-1
    No worry there will be plenty of booing are players during the game.especialy those from the u21's.
  • Options
    As annoyed as I am by the management it is pretty unfortunate to be without May, Aneke, Leaburn and Tedic. It’s irritating that we’ve responded by doing the same thing as always but worse though. If we’re going to stick Kanu up on his own then we’d have been better off packing the midfield more, changing the shape to hide our weaknesses a bit more. We could have asked Tyreece to play up front with Kanu and put an extra body in the middle. Instead we’re asking Dobson and Anderson to carry all the weight against some of the best midfielders in the division. It’s going to be a tough watch I think 
  • Options
    Men against boys looking at that line up but about time some stepped up and delivered. Take a draw now.
  • Options
    To be fair Mills was very good for us first time round, and his transfer fee meant we could keep the nucleus of the PL squad AND sign Dean Kiely
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!