Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

First of all...HAPPY NEW YEAR one and all...trust we are all recovered from any over indulgences from the last few days...and last night...🍺🥂😵

Today we kick off the new year and with 50% of the season done, we start the downward slope towards the seasons end with what should be a good game against Oxford Utd at The Valley of Dreams, now agreed our record is far from anything to crow about, and we will have to be at our game..(please 🙏) to get something out of this encounter, it would be nice to start the new year with three points, sure we would all agree...
Must say my enthusiasm has taken a few knocks lately and today will be a case of glass half full..just!, but more out of hope rather than expectation, I refuse to let myself get too negative, until all hope is lost....1-0 will do nicely please...

We've met on 51 previous occasions winning 18, the U's have 14 victories, with the remaining 19 games ending all square, Oxford won the reverse fixture 2-1 at the Kassam Stadium back in August thanks to Tyler Goodrham's brace.

Let's see, eyes down for a full house...if only!

Tyreece Campbell comes in for Alfie May, who misses out with the minor back injury that saw him substituted against Bristol Rovers on Friday night.

Boban Tedić, who scored at the Memorial Stadium, misses out with concussion, while Scott Fraser returns to the squad following a calf issue. Academy prospect Henry Rylah is also named as a substitute.

Tennai Watson, Michael Hector, Lloyd Jones and Tayo Edun continue in an unchanged backline ahead of stopper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Captain George Dobson is joined by Karoy Anderson and Chem Campbell in the same three-man midfield, with the returning Tyreece Campbell and Corey Blackett-Taylor operating either side of Daniel Kanu.

Fraser and Rylah are joined on the bench by Sam Walker, Nathan Asiimwe, Terell Thomas, Louie Watson and Patrick Casey.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Jones, Edun; Dobson, Anderson, C.Campbell; T.Campbell, Kanu, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Walker, Asiimwe, Thomas, L.Watson, Fraser, Rylah, Casey

Comments

• Options
    No Alfie today
  • Options

• Options
    😂🤣😂😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    No Alfie today
    Or Tedic….gone back!?
  • Options

• Options
    That bench is so weak 
  • Options
    What a horrible way to start the new year.... Our midfield is going to get slaughtered. We can only hope that there is a little bit of magic from the forwards to bring some respectability. Appleton out!
  • Options
    I did mention yesterday I thought Alfie May was injured,just by what Michael Appleton had said Friday te May.
  • Options
    That team is going to get steam rolled! Terrible!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Alfie May and feel free to quote this when we lose 4-0 without a shot on target, but I’m quite interested to see how we perform without him.
  • Options
    If pissed off with the manager counts as an injured Alfie could be out for a while.  
  • Options
    Anyone else who should be able to get the stream... it's not yet up for me. Are they only starting at 2.30 today, perhaps?
  • Options
    Nearly went home after seeing that team. Ffs
  • Options
    Anyone else who should be able to get the stream... it's not yet up for me. Are they only starting at 2.30 today, perhaps?
    Same here,should be up by now...
  • Options
    Having same issue. Showing as offline
  • Options
    can’t get in yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Up on Twitter - must be an issue with the club’s platform.
  • Options
    Uou don’t play Fraser because he won’t help defensively but Watson will do more of that than TC, CBT and probably a bewildered Anderson.
    I would’ve picked Watson and an advanced Asimwe for TC and Karoo.
  • Options
    Can't get in
  • Options
    Same here, not working.
  • Options
    No I can't either.
  • Options
    edited January 1
    Up now...the whole place is falling apart!!
  • Options
    Just realized no Tedic … New year begins good ,up until kick off that is.
  • Options
    Same here, not working.
    It is now. And seeing Danny Mills on it, I wish it wasnt!
  • Options
    Danny Mills on Charlton TV… day’s off to a bad start.

Thought he didn’t like working over the holiday period anyway?
    Think you’re thinking of the lovely Danny Murphy!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!