Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Leyton Orient Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday Boxing Day 2023 : KO 13:00

Hi all...
Hope you are all suitably fed, wrapped up and ready for todays match, where we make the relatively short hop over to East London to Brisbane Road and a very very important game for us against Leyton Orient.
Another team below us, who have had an indifferent season rather like us, but we can expect a very tricky encounter today, and rather sounding like a broken record, one where a draw just isn't good enough, sod our much trumpeted "unbeaten run", which is really just a constant stream of rather uninspiring draws, THREE points are needed today, and indeed next week as well, or it really is "Goodnight Vienna" to this season...
Never ending Kudos to those who make the trip today, and really hope that the team turn up today for you all...

Oh and Apples has a flash of inspiration and makes the right team selection...OK GAFFER...

Myself, I'm AWOL with other plans, so will catch up later, Know the team will be popping up soon...Good luck everyone🍺
🍺👍
ETA team:

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Jones, Edun; Dobson (c), Fraser; May, C.Campbell, Blackett-Taylor; Kanu

Subs: Walker, Asiimwe, Thomas, L.Watson, Anderson, T.Campbell, Tedi

Comments

• Options
    Christmas turkeys get stuffed.
  • Options
    Like to see Harvey Kedwell again in the squad : he livened things up when he was subbed on. Apart from that there's not a lot of choice.

• Options
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 
  • Options
    Same eleven as Saturday 
  • Options
    I think his choices are limited, wouldn't change the back four, he hasn't, maybe one change in midfield, Watson ? up front, picks itself, Tedic and Campbell, not good enough and not in form. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    What has Louie Watson done/said? 
    Obviously going back to LT. it's a shame. Looked good to begin with
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 
    When the subs came on, did we get better or worse? Appleton doesn't have much to work with 
  • Options
    MA thinks that if he picks the same team, eventually we will win and he will say, I told you so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 
    When the subs came on, did we get better or worse? Appleton doesn't have much to work with 
    Go back to the team that played away at Portsmouth with Kanu instead of the injured Leaburn.

Or does he see a different game to us fans
  • Options
    Can’t blame him for sticking to the same lineup hopefully this week if we go ahead we push ahead and try to get another 1 or 2 goals to mitigate the obvious last 10 minute onslaught and atleast 1 soft goal conceded 
  • Options
    Thanks @eastterrace6168, have added the team to the end of your post. Hope you have a good afternoon, and return to positive news.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 
    Go back to the team that played away at Portsmouth with Kanu instead of the injured Leaburn.

That change from Leaburn to Kanu is a big change and also McGrandles was available to come on and add some bite in the midfield. All our midfield players, who are available, are pretty similar, apart from Dobson, and you don't normally replace your captain unless injured in the game. 
  • Options
    Usual stubbornness from a charlton manager, in relation to players and formation, as they enter their final weeks/months of employment 
  • Options
    JonT_Abs said:
    Usual stubbornness from a charlton manager, in relation to players and formation, as they enter their final weeks/months of employment 
    It's a forum mate, give us your preference, I only thought maybe play a diamond formation but I couldn't see anything else. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I hope this is the day Fraser does something. 
    Gives away a penalty?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    with May on the right the attack is unbalanced, most of the attack will come through CBT and if Orient  put an extra defender on him we are stuffed
    1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    shirty5 said:
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 

That change from Leaburn to Kanu is a big change and also McGrandles was available to come on and add some bite in the midfield. All our midfield players, who are available, are pretty similar, apart from Dobson, and you don't normally replace your captain unless injured in the game. 
    You can’t do nowt about injuries but you can repeat that performance against the top side in the league if you set them up correctly 
  • Options
    Just don't get the persistence with May wide and Chem as a 10. Surely you flip it and play Chem in his natural position and get May in and around Kanu. 

Fraser I'm surprised to see start as I'm not convinced by his recent form nor do I think he's especially effective if he's not playing advanced. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 
    TBF, the team that started the other day was winning and looked like they might have got another at some stage. It was when the final substitutions were made we lost whatever advantage we had
  • Options
    Hope I'm wrong, but midfield again looks weak. Pratley will put it about and I was really impressed with El Mizouni at our place. Not sure Appleton will learn. Hope he proves me wrong..... for once!
  • Options
    Ever learn 😀
  • Options
    Apart fro Deji who is fit and not in the squad?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Bailey said:
    shirty5 said:
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 

You can’t do nowt about injuries but you can repeat that performance against the top side in the league if you set them up correctly 
    How would you set them up then. 
  • Options
    That bench is gash isn't it. Hopefully we're not needing them to make the difference 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    shirty5 said:
    Bailey said:
    shirty5 said:
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Unchanged . Unbelievable 

How would you set them up then. 
    As I already mentioned it Bailey., further up the thread 
  • Options
    In hospital with Severe Gastritis. Give me something to smile about PLEASE 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!