Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message to Andy Scott

124»

Comments

• Options
    Well, you've talked the talk, Andy, now it's time to walk the walk. 
    Quickly.
  • Options
    edited January 1
    IdleHans said:
    se9addick said:
    I honestly wouldn’t spend much in January unless there was someone amazing available who’ll be snapped up. More players, and much better value, to be had in the summer window. 

This season’s over, no point throwing good money after bad. If there’s money available then I would invest it in the summer when it’ll go further.
    I disagree. Whilst this season is likely over already, a few good signings could see us pick up some good results in the second half of the season and carry some momentum into next season. 

A team finishing the season on a bit of a charge and getting a higher placed finish is also likely to attract better quality players in the summer than a side who plodded to 16th.
    We should certainly see the rest of this season as a building block for next season. 
    But didn't we say that last season, and possibly the one before?
    Yes, the fans can see it but the people who run the club are so far up their own arses, they no better. And that goes beyond the current lot. If we are going to keep Appleton next season fair enough but I suspect he will be sacked at the end of the season and the cycle repeats. Judge me by actions not words, just meaningless words as far as I can see.
  • Options
    Scott needs to step up to the plate this window, so far he's been an abject failure!
    He talks a good game...but no delivery at all! If this window is as bad as others...he needs to be gone by 2/2/24...no more excuses or platitudes.....time to earn your dosh mate!
  • Options
    edited January 1
    That is what he should be saying. He should accept it hasn't been good enough and say he will be trying to make it better in this window. That is surely focusing on actions above pointless words. Put some real pressure on yourself Scott, and back yourself. Whatever we think about Appleton, we have to acknowledge that he has his work cut out with this squad. If there is a tension between him and the manager, that is a ridiculous situation and promises only more of the same crap.
  • Options
    Well, you've talked the talk, Andy, now it's time to walk the plank

• Options
    That is what he should be saying. He should accept it hasn't been good enough and say he will be trying to make it better in this window. That is surely focusing on actions above pointless words. Put some real pressure on yourself Scott, and back yourself. Whatever we think about Appleton, we have to acknowledge that he has his work cut out with this squad. If there is a tension between him and the manager, that is a ridiculous situation and promises only more of the same crap.
    As he is Appletons boss good management would be to come out and take the blame. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ultimately Andy said he'll hold his hands up if we're not challenging - if we're not competitive. 

Let's see if he's a man of his word.