Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs. Burton Albion | Saturday 23rd December 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

edited December 2023 in General Charlton
I predict a festive 3-1 win (Hector 2, May)

Thats all I’ve got. 

Comments

• Options
    That's enough if your prediction is right.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Might as well go back to roasting my Nuts by the fireplace... You and FishCostaFortune have me covered this weekend :)
  • Options
    timken said:
    worst preview ever
    May I refer you to last week’s effort?
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    That's enough if your prediction is right.
    May I refer you to last week’s effort?
  • Options
    Worst preview ever and I've had to put up with FA for years
  • Options
    Worst preview ever

:-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anything other than a win is miserable, really is that simple. 

I am going for 4-2 Charlton 
  • Options
    Cole Stockton always plays well against us and  always scores. I can't see us stopping that tomorrow, but I think we will still win 3-1. A good positive performance required to bring us all some festive cheer. The possible line up sounds about right given who we have available. I would prefer not to see Tedic, but think it likely he will start. Kanu the better option IMO, but possibly a better option from the bench. COYA!
  • Options
    Worst preview ever

:-) 
    Two previews going and not upto normal standard 🤗
  • Options
    My god do I hope we win, will be typically Charlton to send us off to Christmas with a bit of misery. 

Burton’s form looks shocking, but they’ll sit back putting the onus on us to break them down and that’s where frustrations will kick in if we struggle with that 

• Options
    either win or (one for the older folk amongst us) Go For a Burton .. sort of game we really REALLY must win
  • Options
    (20+) Video | Facebook .. abaht Burton
  • Options
    Who do we think are the players possibly coming back from injury mentioned in the club preview? McGrandles seems most likely. Possibly Jones? Surely not Chuks!
  • Options
    Hoping to see: 

Watson instead of Fraser (probably not)
    Kanu instead of Tedic (might happen)
    May through the middle not out wide (probably not) 

Even with the usual poor team selection we should be able to scrape a win. 2-1 
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who do we think are the players possibly coming back from injury mentioned in the club preview? McGrandles seems most likely. Possibly Jones? Surely not Chuks!
    Would be great to have Chuks on the bench. Might be a bit early though. 
  • Options
    Finally a reward for the quality and depth of my preview. A sticky! 😁
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs
  • Options
    After Dino Maamria manager's career went for a Burton, The Brewers have now turned to their head coach.
    Hopefully there is 'trouble at Mills' for the 62 year old Journeyman footballer who played 727 matches from the top division to non league in that order. From 1978 - 2009 !!

Gary Mills has managed the likes of York, Wrexham and National League sides.

No new manage bounce tomorrow 🤞 and surely for once we can keep Stockdale quiet 🤞

Charlton 2 Burton 1 and we stay 10th.
  • Options
    Burton are a poor team so we should win. Not a chance, 1-1 with Burton equalising in the 90 + 12th minute. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
  • Options
    My god do I hope we win, will be typically Charlton to send us off to Christmas with a bit of misery. 

Burton’s form looks shocking, but they’ll sit back putting the onus on us to break them down and that’s where frustrations will kick in if we struggle with that 

Was at the Oxford/Burton game last week with my Oxford supporting son-in-law.

Burton played quite high line, not a low block surprisingly, but quite narrow.  They left acres of space down the channels which Oxford exploited time and again without any response from Burton. If they play the same against us, CBT and Alfie will not believe the space they are given.  So expect Burton to turn up for us and instead park the bus. 
  • Options
    Think we'll win this one 2 or 3 nil.
  • Options
    I have backed us to win, blame me :)
  • Options
    Should be a comfortable home win, but probably 2-1 with nerves shredded.
  • Options
    Burton have failed to score in 7 of their last 11 in all competitions. We have failed to keep a clean sheet in 8 league games. You know how it goes.

Tree goals and tree points in the last home game of 2023.

Charlton 3-1 Burton Albion
    May
    Fraser
    Blackett-Taylor