Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Barnsley Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 16th December 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Got a feeling there's gonna be a few more twists and turns in this one yet
  • Up against his former team, hopefully Tedic will be a bit motivated 
    Sadly no

• Terell Thomas meets Campbell's corner with his head but is unable to direct it at goal
  • Cambridge 2-0
    Port Vale 2-0
  • Bring on Kanu at half time. Send Tedic back to Man City via Barnsley Central bus station
  • s/nage 1-0
  • Im not gonna dig out better qualified scouts and coaches at Man City, but I would love to know what they see in Tedic.
    He probably was better a very young player but hasn’t progressed as happens to lots of players. Now he justifies his contract in repeat loan fees. That cash cow may well have died though because I can’t see many clubs wanting him based on this spell with us. 

• Dobson is looking right down at it, had the best view, and didn’t react even after Kane kicked it, so I’m pretty certain it was off.

But should have still been alert enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnsley corner

Addicks deal with the corner, Barnsley then send in a shot from range which AMB blocks
  • In 13th, 10 points off 6th & 10 points off 4th bottom. Bang average mid table side.

My interest is more on the bottom if the Championship. As it stands if Millwall lose they are in the bottom 3.
    The way you moan about everything Charlton I always thought you supported Millwall.

• Charlton corner

Corner comes to nothing
  • Corners are just abysmal, it’s pathetic 
  • Losing but the better side. Not a situation we find ourselves in that often to be fair. Barnsley may prove a tougher but to crack than us, but if we were one - nil up at home at half time but the away team were dominating and getting in behind as often as we have, I’d be fearing we’d still lose the game. Hopefully we can continue this second half. Kanu for Tedic my not be a bad change. 
  • Cambridge 2-1
  • Barnsley don't even look all that, if we had anything about us we'd be punishing them. God we miss Aneke, Tedic doesn't get a lot of service but when he gets a sniff he scuffs it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just boot it into row Z. No messing about. Yes, looks like we should have had a gk but you shouldn't trust officials to help you out. 

• Dobson is looking right down at it, had the best view, and didn’t react even after Kane kicked it, so I’m pretty certain it was off.

But should have still been alert enough. 
    It was 100% out of play. Even considering angles etc., you wouldn't be able to see that much grass on a ball that has a 200mm odd diameter if it was still on the right side of the white line.

As said through, play the whistle (even though most players do tend to stop when they see an obvious infringement)

• Pompey get yet another goal in added on time. 
  • That offside looked tight. 
  • That was a close offside from CBT...luck not going our way first half which ends up at 1-0 half time, better side losing to the inept officials...
  • edited December 2023
    Apples will work his magic. We'll come out and play for a bit, they'll score from a defensive fuck up, and we'll send on the two that should of started...
  • This ht scoreline is so unfair. We've played all the football and are so much the better team.

And the ball was clearly out for their goal.

Only thing missing is some punch up front. Tedic is hopeless. Get Kanu on for him.
  • We’ve had about 80% possession and created f*** all. Tedic is absolutely useless and CBT is back to his Lackend-Product persona. Fraser too really flatters to deceive. Ref is a joke.

• Tedic continues to be a Stockley from last season tribute act, runs around getting nowhere near the play while pointing & complaining at his teammates. 

Kanu on please 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!