Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players who've graced the Valley turf.

I started watching in the early 60s. In division 2 there were players on the way down:  Alex Dawson, Ron Saunders, Eddie Firmani, Stanley Mathews and players on the way up: Colin Bell, Martin Chilvers, Billy Bremner, Brian Clough and my favourite the fabulous Marvin Hinton.

Comments

• Options
    George Best 
  • Options
    Jim Stannard.
  • Options
    Les Berry
  • Options
    Bill Oddie
  • Options
    Bill Oddie
  • Options
    Put your hands all over my body
  • Options
    Elton John
  • Options
    Malcolm MacDonald
  • Options
    Stan Boardman
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Bill Oddie
    Played more games at The Valley than Cory Gibbs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Omar Pouso
  • Options
    Mikel Alonso 
  • Options
    Johnny Giles
  • Options
    Always recall the side that Newcastle brought to the Valley in the mid 80s in the old Div 2 and thinking "wow". It had the likes of Glenn Roeder, Terry McDermott, Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and Kevin Keegan.

Of those, I still can't believe that the late Glenn Roeder never received a full cap. He was such a classy defender who, perhaps, with his ability to bring the ball out of defence, was far too ahead of his time - I'm sure that his skillset would have been far more appreciated in the modern era.  
  • Options
    Always recall the side that Newcastle brought to the Valley in the mid 80s in the old Div 2 and thinking "wow". It had the likes of Glenn Roeder, Terry McDermott, Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and Kevin Keegan.

Of those, I still can't believe that the late Glenn Roeder never received a full cap. He was such a classy defender who, perhaps, with his ability to bring the ball out of defence, was far too ahead of his time - I'm sure that his skillset would have been far more appreciated in the modern era.  
    If that was the game on Match of the day we won 2-0 but Keegan didn’t play. Early December.
  • Options

If that was the game on Match of the day we won 2-0 but Keegan didn’t play. Early December.
    The season after when we lost 3-1 April 1984
  • Options
    George Best 

Winner - close the thread ;-)
  • Options
    Allan Simonsen
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The season after when we lost 3-1 April 1984
    That was, indeed, the game
  • Options
    Zola, Giggs, Costa. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Bacon 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Roger Hunt, a World Cup winner
  • Options
    I’ve played on it twice - I did grace it in 92 but certainly didn’t in 2018 
  • Options
    Gary Lineker
  • Options
    Details, please?
  • Options
    Amdy Faye
  • Options
    Simonsen, Keegan, Charlton, Best, Ronaldo, Henry, Bergkamp, Weah, Owen, Beckham, Gerrard

All been placed high up in World Player of The Year Awards
  • Options
    How many 1966 or other world cup winners?

Peters played for Sheffield United 
  • Options
    I remember Trevor Francis playing in Bob Bolder's testimonial match
  • Options
    Details, please?
    Roger Hunt played for England when they won the World Cup in 1966.