Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Barnsley vs. Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th December 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

edited December 2023 in General Charlton
I predicts a scrappy 2-2 (Hector 2)

That’s all I’ve got. 

Comments

• A must win to prove that Appleton’s defeatist attitude yesterday was a clever smokescreen.
  • Would take that. Sadly think we will lose this one by a couple of goals.
  • Nah, we will lose…
    5 of the players will score as high as average. 
    4 will be rated as turgid. 
    1 will be rated as appalling and Alfie May will score a 7 due to the ludicrous angle he pokes our consolation goal home from….

• Have already authorised Mrs Grumpy to prevent me from watching the stream or following the match  thread. Too many recent weekends ruined. Need a break.
  • 3 Zip Zzzzzz
  • edited December 2023
    Recent league form:

11 Nov  Derby 3 Barnsley 0
    25 Nov  Lincoln 2 Barnsley 2
    28 Nov  Barnsley 1 Wycombe 0
      9 Dec  Reading 1 Barnsley 3

Danger man:
    Devante Cole 12 goals @132 mins per goal

• edited December 2023
    9 points off the play-offs and we're halfway through December. I'm not sure I could bring myself to write a preview, either!

Wonder what 30-45 min period the lads will turn up for this week

Hope Kanu has earned his start with May out wide or in behind. Shame Jones isn't back yet as he's our only CB with a strong mentality. 

February can't come soon enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Recent league form:

Danger man:

That 28th Nov win was the barge on the Wycombe GK who farcically spilled the ball in the last minutes (?seconds) of the game. I think there's a case to make that they are not in the best of form.
  • edited December 2023
    Would take a draw now but I feel Barnsley will take all the points today with their stronger physical presence.
  • If the team are half as late as the Preview Match boys are then we are in for one hell of a beating. 

3-1 to the Yorkies.
  • Fearing the worst, hoping for the best. 

Kanu has earned a start. 
  • 3-1 defeat today I think unfortunately I just don’t think we have the resilience to get anything against this mob
  • edited December 2023
    Good review J S  B) .. Barnsley are usually thereabouts without quite getting there. IF we are a serious proposition for the play offs, this is the type of game in which we need to excel .. Boring !! .. a draw would be a decent result, a win would (of course) be terrific
  • 1-2 Charlton win. May and CBT to score.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Recent league form:

Danger man:

That 28th Nov win was the barge on the Wycombe GK who farcically spilled the ball in the last minutes (?seconds) of the game. I think there's a case to make that they are not in the best of form.
    We'll soon put that right  ;)
  • Barnsley fans aren't feeling positive about today but neither am I. Hopefully May will score a couple in a close win.
  • Has FA thrown a sickie and has Sage done a runner 🤔
    Yup... Been down with the flu this last week (constantly shattered), just cant seem to shift it
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Recent league form:

Danger man:

So due a game and a half when he doesn’t score then…
    Sage is on the treatment table. Well actually he's on the waiting list for the treatment table, as it's so busy at the moment.
    Yup... Been down with the flu this last week (constantly shattered), just cant seem to shift it
    get well soon, some of these 'modern flus' stay longer than the mother in law .. Merry Christmas F A
  • JamesSeed said:
    Recent league form:

Danger man:

not as good as his old man, but at this level he's a top striker .. surprised to see that he's 28, still thought him to be a very young man
  • Alfie May hatrick in the final 10 minutes of the match and we win 2-3……….  1-2-3 finger clicks and am awake…..lost 5-0 🥸
  • I hope we show up with a competitive attitude, if it's like Gills they needn't get off the bus. Realistically I think we may score but lose, optimistically I'd say Alfie could outscore them and the last 15 mins will be like Wigan.
    So.....anything could happen
  • I think we'll lose 2-1.  

Or we'll be 5-0 with 5 minutes to go when Appleton brings on 5 13 year olds substitutes, and we end up losing 6-5.
  • They are inconsistent. We are inconsistent. They are at home. 3-1 to Barnsley