Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 9th December 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

2»

Comments

• Options
    Frustration, defeat, boos ringing out and a rousing chorus of “We Want Our Sandgaard’s Back” from the Covered End directed towards the Directors Box as fans harbour the nostalgic notion of hearing the battle cry again.

Happy Saturday people :-) 
    Thank God we won by 1. just imagine if if we lost
  • Options
    Bad feeling about this one. Probably means we’ll win 6-0. 
  • Options
    Have a feeling we have afew more shocks coming our way today re players injured.

We should really beat teams like Cambridge but I remember Upton Park and Cambridge that season was also depressing.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    If we've got any intention of getting promoted this season we should be beating Cambridge at home, comfortably.

However ...

Playing a team near the relegation zone ... points to away win.

Playing a team that's just sacked its manager ... points to away win.

Playing a team that's now appointed a new manager ... points to away win.

Playing a team that's appointed a Spanner legend as its new manager ... points to away win.

Millwall, and anything/anyone connected to them, are our Kryptonite, holy water, crosses, wooden stakes, garlic and silver bullet wrapped up into one evil monstrosity that will curse us to the end of time ... points to away win.

I think we can upset the omens today: a come-from-behind 2-2 draw.

What a time to be alive.
  • Options
    Good luck @StubleyAddick

Hear hear

Enjoy it! You'll be great
  • Options
    Frustration, defeat, boos ringing out and a rousing chorus of “We Want Our Sandgaard’s Back” from the Covered End directed towards the Directors Box as fans harbour the nostalgic notion of hearing the battle cry again.

Happy Saturday people :-) 
    It would have been this sort of game the pair of them would have been in the Oak after the game, him with his guitar, her with all her advice, and Social Media full of selfies the next day.!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Fuck all these excuses they are shit , we will win .

Our next 3 dull as fuck home fixtures for the dull as fuck club we love are against the boat race mobs with a Burton in between , let’s hope the filling is not where our season is going .
    So were Gillingham, Reading and Carlisle, what does that prove  :o
  • Options
    I’d take TC out of the team for a bit 
    Can Asiimwe play on the wing? 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    ross1 said:
    Fuck all these excuses they are shit , we will win .

Our next 3 dull as fuck home fixtures for the dull as fuck club we love are against the boat race mobs with a Burton in between , let’s hope the filling is not where our season is going .
    So were Gillingham, Reading and Carlisle, what does that prove  :o
    Our away form is abysmal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can almost see this as a 'everyone thinks you're finished Kirky, but you're starting up front, play like it's the last league game you'll ever play (because it might be)' game. Almost, but not quite
  • Options
    New manager bounce for Cambridge, but we edge it 3-2.

• Options
    Comfortable win 
  • Options
    My first game since the Bolton defeat.  Will be tricky I think.  We need a win, but we also need a bit of performance imo to take the taste of the last few weeks away.  Lose today and the fans will start to turn imo 
  • Options
    Current form abysmal; new manager bounce; injury problems. Can`t see anything but a Cambridge win.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Keep Alfie fit and on the pitch and we’ve always got a chance 

2-1 home win 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Elerewe called back from loan
    immediately, does that mean Jones and Ness injured for a while?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Elerewe called back from loan
    immediately, does that mean Jones injured for a while?
    Slightly disconcerting. On my way but unlike my usual positivity, 😒 bad vibes about this 
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Thomas, Edun; Dobson (c), Fraser, C.Campbell; Rylah, May, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Walker, Asiimwe, Elerewe, L.Watson, T.Campbell, Kanu, Mbick

• Options
    edited December 2023
    No Tedic, injured or MA had enough of him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    No Tedic, injured or MA had enough of him
    I’d say the latter.
  • Options
    Think it's going to be a very tough game today. Cambridge players are going to be well up for it and in bad conditions we might struggle. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Think it's going to be a very tough game today. Cambridge players are going to be well up for it and in bad conditions we might struggle. 
    Bad conditions?

This is a club that could bat on an absolute road of a pitch and struggle to reach 100 ...

... across two innings.