Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Overseas dental implants

After doing some research, my wife suggested I ask the opinion on CL to get some 'real' feedback. (She thinks highly of you all!)

Has any one experienced dental implants, crowns, veneers in any overseas locations.  What are experiences and recommendations or places to avoid 

Comments

• Watch out for 'Turkey Teeth'.
  • I’ve just had a lot of work done, implants, crowns & bridges by Vital Europe.

They have an office in Riding House St, London where they can do scans etc and then the work gets done in Budapest.

The work was completed in April this year. So far so good, Budapest is a lovely city, so, if you haven’t been worth a visit.
  • A friend of mine had his top and lower fronts done in Budapest a few years ago. No problems with anything before during and after. But he should have really looked after the originals better. He lived on sweet fizzy drinks, his teeth were a mess.
    Another friend had his done in West Wickham, a bit dearer but again no problems.

• I've had implants done here, and the process took 4 months, so I'm puzzled how these overseas dentists can be so quick.

After the titanium rods were drilled into the jaw, my dentist left it for 3 months to heal properly before moving to the next stage
  • A pal had an implant done in Malaga. 
    Needed 3 visits - each one month apart, so he planned it well in advance and booked cheap midweek flights and for one visit, he went out and back the same day. Otherwise he booked a cheap hotel way in advance. 

He had one implant done, no problems. 
    Total cost of everything was approx £1500. 
  • Dunno about teeth, but @Carter had a fingernail implanted once. 
  • A pal had an implant done in Malaga. 
    Needed 3 visits - each one month apart, so he planned it well in advance and booked cheap midweek flights and for one visit, he went out and back the same day. Otherwise he booked a cheap hotel way in advance. 

He had one implant done, no problems. 
    Total cost of everything was approx £1500. 
    Nice city just back this week.....not dental related though.
  • Find somewhere that does the procedures while you wait
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve just had a lot of work done, implants, crowns & bridges by Vital Europe.

They have an office in Riding House St, London where they can do scans etc and then the work gets done in Budapest.

The work was completed in April this year. So far so good, Budapest is a lovely city, so, if you haven’t been worth a visit.
    Just to add, that people don't need to don sunglasses when I smile or talk, which was important for me.
  • Hi Dick.

My wife recommends using Dentakay in Turkey. In June 2022 and Feb 2023 she had full implants and bridges. It had to be done over two visits for healing in between. This wasn't for cosmetic reasons.

Dentakay were very professional, experienced and good value for money. It cost about 10,000 including the hotels and flights. They pick up and drop you back to where you are staying. My only gripe was that the waiting times were sometimes long before she was seen but it's all about the expertise and price really and so we can't complain.
     Istanbul also a great and safe place for a visit. We still had time to enjoy the city as there were days off between treatment. You just didnt know when they would be so had to be flexible.

Happy to answer any further questions you might have.

• edited December 2023
    I have often thought about an overseas penis enlargement, but would'nt use it as a rule...
  • I need a couple doing, but was too afraid to ask due to second rate comedy.
  • I understand the attraction of surgery abroad, the cheaper costs and making a holiday of a visit.
    From personal experience I'd not encourage this, should things go wrong then you can have added complications rectifying matters.
  • All I'll say is when I worked on forecasting demand for hospital services there was a separate line in the forecast for this stuff. The number of people needing hospital treatment as a result of complications from this is significant enough to require this and growing considerably. A lot of these places don't have the same regulations and standards that we do, or they aren't properly enforced if they do. It depends on the individual clinic you pick. Some appear clean and properly maintained and on the surface to have followed proper procedure but there is no way of telling. 

If you want this stuff some badly enough then pay a little extra and get it done in the UK. Not worth the risk imo.
  • Off topic a little but my cat needed some doing so we went to Turkey as it was a much cheaper. Well worth it imo.

Went to the same dentist as Klopp?
  • I understand the attraction of surgery abroad, the cheaper costs and making a holiday of a visit.
    From personal experience I'd not encourage this, should things go wrong then you can have added complications rectifying matters.
    You couldn't pay me to have any type of dental treatment or operation abroad.
    I'm far too worried about things going wrong and all the disasters you read about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watch out for 'Turkey Teeth'.
    Boss at work went to Turkey, had all his teeth replaced. Had to be on fluids only for about three months after removal and before the new sets going in but has had no problems, cost about 20k I think.
  • My experience.  Went to Smile Dental Turkey in Antalya earlier this year had both upper and lower all crowns and bridges. Absolutely brilliant.  One visit. Was quoted £35k over here, all done for £6k including visit costs. You don't have to have dazzle white teeth. 
  • Off topic a little but my cat needed some doing so we went to Turkey as it was a much cheaper. Well worth it imo.

Went to the same dentist as Klopp?
    How does he feel about Saturday lunchtime kick offs?
    You couldn't pay me to have any type of dental treatment or operation abroad.
    I'm far too worried about things going wrong and all the disasters you read about.
    100%
  • Quite how the NHS regard 'implants' as cosmetic treatment..... leaves most people little alternative than to seek out for many this essential treatment for most folk, without having a mouthful of holes!. The 'drill and fill' attitude of the 60's and & 70's with those  dreadful 'silver' fillings may well have been well meant, and yes a big improvement on our parents badly fitting false teeth, but quite simply the right for a decent set of teeth, is surely not too much to ask for in this day.

I am not taking about 'teeth whitening' that is up to those of us that want to have, or can afford to have that procedure , (not sure it lasts that long, and we shall see in 30 years time, if the teeth have not been weakened) ?

Being over 70, I am lucky I have  all my front upper and lower teeth, with only one side upper back tooth missing, but that aside, my wife has been waiting 7 years in these parts to get onto a NHS dentist list at the surgery, and had to pay over £500 for an extraction, and 1 filling last month, to see the same dentist as myself, but she is a private patient!.

Again another example, in today's UK that things need to change, and change  for all people to have a fit for purpose NHS dental registry  of available dentists. 
    All while making immigration for overseas dentists (and dental nurses) more difficult 
  • Dental plan
  • For those who have had them done, is getting any Dental treatment back here in England any harder? - My wife is looking to need implants herself, but has been told by her current Dentist that if she goes abroad for Implants, they wont see her going forward.
  • For those who have had them done, is getting any Dental treatment back here in England any harder? - My wife is looking to need implants herself, but has been told by her current Dentist that if she goes abroad for Implants, they wont see her going forward.

Blimey that dentist sounds a right one. I'd be taking my custom elsewhere after a comment like that.