Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who’s going today?

Which Lifers are off to Reading for the Johnstone Paint Van Milk Papa John’s Pizza Bristol Street Motors Checkatrade Trophy?

gonna be my first game in a fair few months

Comments

• I didn't even know we were playing 😂. Im guessing that answers your question?

we are through to the knock out stages of the cup competition that was named after a pizza last year and something else this year. What a time to be a Charlton supporter
  • I live only 12 miles from Reading's ground but can't be arsed for the Tinpot Trophy.
  • Undecided 🤥
  • No chance. I'm still not over that limp surrender on Saturday and may not be for some time.
    I shall probably be binge watching Fear of the Walking Dead with my wife, rather than watching the walking dead play Reading
  • cafctom said:
    Yep. The first Elizabeth Line derby. Historic! 
    At least 2,000 OAPs using their Freedom passes to go to Reading on the Elizabeth line
  • I am but not sure why lol
  • cafctom said:
    Pumped up for the purple line showdown between two powerhouses of punishing football* 

*said in your best Alan Partridge voice 
  • cafctom said:
    The Valley is on the Elizabeth Line?
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s not a derby is it?
  • Foxycafc said:
    It’s not a derby is it?
    it's as much a derby as Palace v Brighton is ;)
  • I mean at least you'll get to know every supporter there by name. And probably life story.
  • I am going to the pantomime tonight... No, not the game.
  • edited December 2023
    cafctom said:
    At least 2,000 OAPs using their Freedom passes to go to Reading on the Elizabeth line
    Seriously, can I use my freedom pass to get to Reading on the Liz line? 

Edit: you can’t use it between West Drayton and Reading 
  • edited December 2023
    _MrDick said:
    cafctom said:

No for whatever reason a Freedom Pass can be used all the way to Reading. An over 60 Oyster only out to West Drayton.

This obviously opens up cheap travel to the South West, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Cheltenham, etc Only paying from Reading……. For us old uns.

First ever Elizabeth Derby, proud not to be going.

• You can use your London Freedom Pass on the whole of the Lizzy Line. 
  • will go as soon as I have read the match preview thread...
  •  Not going to make the game 
    Just hope the team turn up 
    Not so sure myself  :(
  • edited December 2023
    _MrDick said:
    cafctom said:

No for whatever reason a Freedom Pass can be used all the way to Reading. An over 60 Oyster only out to West Drayton.

This obviously opens up cheap travel to the South West, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Cheltenham, etc Only paying from Reading……. For us old uns.

First ever Elizabeth Derby, proud not to be going.

CAFC have already played Reading, so not the first Elizabeth lines derby.
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s a freedom pass?
  • I am going to the pantomime tonight... No, not the game.
    Oh no you’re not 
  • cafctom said:
    And in agony for the last 20 minutes, as the trains have no toilet!
  • Looking like even the home fans can't be bothered 
    Ground looks well empty 
  • cafctom said:
    And in agony for the last 20 minutes, as the trains have no toilet!

you think our flasks are just for bovril?
  • Foxycafc said:
    What’s a freedom pass?
    Something you get that gives you free travel if you are old enough to have seen Wright, Curtis, Kinsey, Campbell, Went, Reeves, Gregory, Treacy, Tees, Moore , Peacock in real life!
    Brownies answer was better
  • Foxycafc said:
    What’s a freedom pass?
    Something you get that gives you free travel if you are old enough to have seen Wright, Curtis, Kinsey, Campbell, Went, Reeves, Gregory, Treacy, Tees, Moore , Peacock in real life!
    Can’t include Peacock - I saw him play for Charlton, but I am not yet eligible 
  • Foxycafc said:
    What’s a freedom pass?
    Can’t include Peacock - I saw him play for Charlton, but I am not yet eligible 
    I saw them all and am well away from eligibility.