Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vote here for Back to The Valley mural options

12346»

Comments

• Only just over a 1000 voted?
    I know it was only my 1st game Saturday, but I would've thought they'd of be quite a few more votes 
  • Sam Bartram got 30% of the vote. What were people thinking?
  • "Ultimately, the mural will only go ahead if enough supporters are prepared to support it financially."

Would be nice if the club decided to fund it themselves, or at least make a hefty contribution.
  • Is it me or is the wording just odd;

HOME AGAIN. THE VALLEY,
    FLOYD ROAD.
    MY ONLY DESIRE.

Just feels disjointed and a muddle. 
  • Is it me or is the wording just odd;

HOME AGAIN. THE VALLEY,
    FLOYD ROAD.
    MY ONLY DESIRE.

I think you could probably drop the “Home Again”. It’s referenced in the wording below so anyone who genuinely hasn’t got a clue what the mural is depicting will understand. 

Also, the song is “Valley Floyd Road…” not “the Valley Floyd Road…”.
  • Really like the history board!
  • The history board loses marks by saying fans should visit The Charlton Museum instead of The Charlton Athletic Museum
  • sam3110 said:
    Best of a bad bunch IMO 

Next job they have is redoing all the murals from the playoffs finals, or at the very least removing the mustache and cock and balls drawn on a couple of players
    That just creates more work for someone to replace them 😉 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Is it me or is the wording just odd;

HOME AGAIN. THE VALLEY,
    FLOYD ROAD.
    MY ONLY DESIRE.

I think you could probably drop the “Home Again”. It’s referenced in the wording below so anyone who genuinely hasn’t got a clue what the mural is depicting will understand. 

Also, the song is “Valley Floyd Road…” not “the Valley Floyd Road…”.
    Definitely agree with your first point, not sure about the second in this context. Would everyone get it, as it’s grammatically a bit dodgy.? 

Otherwise I think it.s great. The result of all involved taking on board  previous comments. It.s always tough trying to get agreement for a creative idea from a committee; when that committee is 2k strong or more, well, glad I didn’t have to face that challenge.
  • cafc999 said:
    The history board loses marks by saying fans should visit The Charlton Museum instead of The Charlton Athletic Museum
    Good point but, to be fair, the wording was sent to the museum for comment before printing !
  • That's a great painting. Looks almost as good as a photograph.
  • Pico said:
    cafc999 said:
    The history board loses marks by saying fans should visit The Charlton Museum instead of The Charlton Athletic Museum
    Good point but, to be fair, the wording was sent to the museum for comment before printing !
    Don't recall seeing it, not to say it wasn't sent.
  • Looks good. Well done to all concerned.

Can someone post up that first mock up again for comparison? I couldn't find it.
  • Off_it said:
    Looks good. Well done to all concerned.

Can someone post up that first mock up again for comparison? I couldn't find it.
    The page got deleted as highlighted as per below

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/96549/the-back-to-the-valley-mural-project/p7
  • A few people I work with, not Charlton fans, thinks it looks really good and made them ask questions! 

Amazing how these very people who grew up in Charlton/Woolwich/Greenwich had no idea of Leaving The Valley and the plight of trying to get back
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 5
    Off_it said:

Comedy gold!
    Just glad they've used a photo rather than this nonsense or any of the other naff paintings that were considered.
  • It looks pretty good.
    It looks like a photo behind plastic, when I mistakenly thought it would be a painted mural (perhaps it is)?
  • Saw it all yesterday and thought it was good.
  • It looks pretty good.
    It looks like a photo behind plastic, when I mistakenly thought it would be a painted mural (perhaps it is)?

Glad you like it and thanks for taking the trouble to say so. 

Dibond is a leading brand of aluminium composite sheeting, renowned for its durability and versatility. While Dibond is a recognisable brand name, similar materials are also marketed under names like Dilite, Dibond Digital, and Raybond.

Constructed from a core of flexible polyethylene, each side of a Dibond sheet is coated with a thin aluminium sheet. These layers are then finished with a high-quality lacquer, ensuring sharp and vibrant print results. This unique structure combines the resilience of aluminium with the flexibility of polyethylene, making it a top choice for a multitude of applications.

• Pico said:
    It looks pretty good.

Glad you like it and thanks for taking the trouble to say so. 

Dibond is a leading brand of aluminium composite sheeting, renowned for its durability and versatility. While Dibond is a recognisable brand name, similar materials are also marketed under names like Dilite, Dibond Digital, and Raybond.

Constructed from a core of flexible polyethylene, each side of a Dibond sheet is coated with a thin aluminium sheet. These layers are then finished with a high-quality lacquer, ensuring sharp and vibrant print results. This unique structure combines the resilience of aluminium with the flexibility of polyethylene, making it a top choice for a multitude of applications.

Sounds like one of those adverts they read out on Charlton Live 
  • Like the one for the ‘River Owl House’ which is amusing, and helpful if looking for a river owl.