Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford United [h] New Years Day- Ticket promotion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Compared to this Saturday’s home game then for an adult ticket it would be a saving of 4 to 10 pounds for an Oxford ticket depending where you are sitting in the stadium 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    If they genuinely think £20 tickets would mean thousands more people turn up (it won’t), why don’t they just make tickets £20 for all games 

They obviously don't think that. 
    If they thought that they wouldn't be offering prizes as well. 
    I can't lie mate, a part of me thinks they do and they're a little out of touch? I'd like to be a fly on the wall for stuff like this.

Worth remembering this moment:  https://youtu.be/p4bORXW9xeU?si=dgXpgw1tIBLASBOx

It wouldn't surprise me him believing this promotion could pull in a bumper crowd..
    Yes they may hope/believe that this promotion of £20 entrance, plus possible prizes will bring in a bumper crowd.

However, I was responding to the suggestion that the club may believe that a £20 entrance admission alone would bring thousands more people to The Valley every game.

My point being if they thought that there would be no need to offer prizes. 
    Fair enough mate. I wonder if as a good will gesture, even if they don't hit the targets they will do the giveaways regardless? 

Only downside will be, is that will be our transfer budget blown
    I would be astonished if they gave away prizes for not hitting the target levels. 
    Maybe I'm whooshed & you're joking. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    If they genuinely think £20 tickets would mean thousands more people turn up (it won’t), why don’t they just make tickets £20 for all games 

I can't lie mate, a part of me thinks they do and they're a little out of touch? I'd like to be a fly on the wall for stuff like this.

Worth remembering this moment:  https://youtu.be/p4bORXW9xeU?si=dgXpgw1tIBLASBOx

It wouldn't surprise me him believing this promotion could pull in a bumper crowd..
    Yes they may hope/believe that this promotion of £20 entrance, plus possible prizes will bring in a bumper crowd.

However, I was responding to the suggestion that the club may believe that a £20 entrance admission alone would bring thousands more people to The Valley every game.

Fair enough mate. I wonder if as a good will gesture, even if they don't hit the targets they will do the giveaways regardless? 

I would be astonished if they gave away prizes for not hitting the target levels. 
    Maybe I'm whooshed & you're joking. 
    I am messing fella, I think these lot would be reluctant to give away anything for free
  • Options
    Prize 13 - a t train trip to Gillingham to watch our players totally not interested in football. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Think we can all answer those questions.

No, and what transfer budget?
  • Options
    If this means they need to sell 10,000 before the prizes kick in then they won’t be giving anything away. If season tickets are included in the 10,000 they still won’t be giving much away.
  • Options
    If this means they need to sell 10,000 before the prizes kick in then they won’t be giving anything away. If season tickets are included in the 10,000 they still won’t be giving much away.
    Season Tickets are included
  • Options
    Reality check. The prizes that may actually be given away cost the club nothing at all. 

The reduced ticket is the promotion and frankly should be the price for the rest of the season. 

We are not getting promoted unless our rivals all implode. 

Because it’s a holiday window many people will have other commitments and won’t prioritise football.  

Surely the more likely reality is an increase in Charlton TV passes sold as that can be better juggled around family commitments for many. 

There may be only be a small increase in attendance. 

• Options
    It’s a nice try, but can’t see it having much affect on the amount of tickets sold 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a nice try, but can’t see it having much affect on the amount of tickets sold 
    I agree. The only caveat to that is that you wouldn’t normally run a price promotion on a holiday game. 

I think it’s worth doing, might boost the gate a bit if results are OK but I’d be amazed if it did anything dramatic.
  • Options
    With hangovers & parking restrictions kicking in, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that attendance will reach beyond level 3 IMHO. 

IF there was any way a sellout might stun us all, I'd make a huge fuss about the promise of a free beer at the next match.

WHERE'S THE WINE !!!!!
  • Options
    winning 6 on the bounce would put a lot more on the gate and we won't be doing that because we have no physical presence up top again - apples will now come under the same pressure holden was under and by new year we will be slipping towards the bottom not the top - the amount of people either being able to talk people into attending or wanting to inflict it on people is pretty small - depressing but true 
  • Options
    With hangovers & parking restrictions kicking in, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that attendance will reach beyond level 3 IMHO. 

IF there was any way a sellout might stun us all, I'd make a huge fuss about the promise of a free beer at the next match.

WHERE'S THE WINE !!!!!
    Being a bank holiday, hopefully parking restrictions won’t be an issue. Hangovers - YES 
  • Options
    Maybe our great record against Oxford (1 win in the last 14 meetings) will encourage everyone to go.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    winning 6 on the bounce would put a lot more on the gate and we won't be doing that because we have no physical presence up top again - apples will now come under the same pressure holden was under and by new year we will be slipping towards the bottom not the top - the amount of people either being able to talk people into attending or wanting to inflict it on people is pretty small - depressing but true 
    Spot on exactly how I see our December going