Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford United [h] New Years Day- Ticket promotion

All fans who purchase a ticket in the home end for the Addicks' New Year’s Day clash with Oxford United will be in with a chance of winning big prizes.

Season-ticket holders will be automatically entered into the competition and are encouraged to bring friends and family with them to get behind Michael Appleton’s team and unlock more prizes.

Tickets for the New Year’s Day game are available at the special prices of £20 for adults, £15 for O65s, students and U21s, £10 for U18s and just £5 for U11s. 

For every 1,000 tickets sold between 10,000 and 20,000, any individual with a ticket in the home end will go into a draw to win the below prizes.

To enter the prize draw, all you have to do is purchase a ticket to Charlton's league game on January 1st. The earlier you buy your ticket, the more prize draws you will be entered into.

Click here to purchase your tickets now.

Prize 1 (drawn at 10,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a private tour of the stadium for up to eight people

Prize 2 (drawn at 11,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives the chance to go behind the scenes with CharltonTV for the day and a new Football Manager game

Prize 3 (drawn at 12,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives an FC24 game and a £200 voucher for the club shop

Prize 4 (drawn at 13,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives four hospitality tickets for the game

Prize 5 (drawn at 14,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a signed shirt by the men’s first-team and a signed ball by the men’s first-team

Prize 6 (drawn at 15,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives Beats by Dre headphones

Prize 7 (drawn at 16,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives four hospitality tickets for the game

Prize 8 (drawn at 17,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives £500 cash

Prize 9 (drawn at 18,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a matchday upgrade - be on the Board’s table for the game

Prize 10 (drawn at 19,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a season ticket for next season (two winners selected)

Prize 11 (drawn at 20,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a private tour of the training ground for up to eight people - including meeting the men's first-team Head Coach and players

Prize 12 (drawn at stadium sell out) - everyone with a home ticket gets a voucher for a free beer at the next game and one winner wins £2,000 cash

When will prizes be drawn?

Each time the appropriate amount of tickets are sold, the data for every supporter who has purchased in the home end up until that point will be collated. The draw will take place shortly after the data has been collated. Therefore, the earlier you purchase your tickets, the more prize draws you will be entered into. 

Winners will be contacted by email.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/win-big-prizes-supporting-addicks

Comments

• Options
    Not being funny, but I'd cream my pants if I won prize 2. 

Could get Scott Minto to sign one of my football cards of him and watch the God himself, Curbs live in the flesh doing his punditry.

Free copy of FM to top it off ain't too bad either 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The £20 match ticket is a draw and i'll take that, but i'd be hopeful (as a middle aged man with not many Charlton friends) of not wining any of those except number 8, and maybe 10. 
  • Options
    I doubt we'd get more than 12,000 in the home "end" on New Years Day. 

(assuming home "end" is all 3 non-away stands)
  • Options
    will do well to make it to prize 1
  • Options
    Can remember the bloke winning the Range Rover and not be at the game. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    If they genuinely think £20 tickets would mean thousands more people turn up (it won’t), why don’t they just make tickets £20 for all games 

100% this…☝️
  • Options
    what’s the home end’ ? Strange phrase to use. 

I assume this is sales over and above existing season ticket cohort. In which case they won’t be giving away very much at all.

nice idea - wrong thresholds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure I could find 8 people interested in CAFC stadium tour
  • Options
    clive said:

All fans who purchase a ticket in the home end for the Addicks' New Year’s Day clash with Oxford United will be in with a chance of winning big prizes.

Season-ticket holders will be automatically entered into the competition and are encouraged to bring friends and family with them to get behind Michael Appleton’s team and unlock more prizes.

Tickets for the New Year’s Day game are available at the special prices of £20 for adults, £15 for O65s, students and U21s, £10 for U18s and just £5 for U11s. 

For every 1,000 tickets sold between 10,000 and 20,000, any individual with a ticket in the home end will go into a draw to win the below prizes.

To enter the prize draw, all you have to do is purchase a ticket to Charlton's league game on January 1st. The earlier you buy your ticket, the more prize draws you will be entered into.

Click here to purchase your tickets now.

Prize 1 (drawn at 10,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a private tour of the stadium for up to eight people

Prize 2 (drawn at 11,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives the chance to go behind the scenes with CharltonTV for the day and a new Football Manager game

Prize 3 (drawn at 12,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives an FC24 game and a £200 voucher for the club shop

Prize 4 (drawn at 13,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives four hospitality tickets for the game

Prize 5 (drawn at 14,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a signed shirt by the men’s first-team and a signed ball by the men’s first-team

Prize 6 (drawn at 15,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives Beats by Dre headphones

Prize 7 (drawn at 16,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives four hospitality tickets for the game

Prize 8 (drawn at 17,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives £500 cash

Prize 9 (drawn at 18,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a matchday upgrade - be on the Board’s table for the game

Prize 10 (drawn at 19,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a season ticket for next season (two winners selected)

Prize 11 (drawn at 20,000 tickets in the stadium sold) - winner receives a private tour of the training ground for up to eight people - including meeting the men's first-team Head Coach and players

Prize 12 (drawn at stadium sell out) - everyone with a home ticket gets a voucher for a free beer at the next game and one winner wins £2,000 cash

When will prizes be drawn?

Each time the appropriate amount of tickets are sold, the data for every supporter who has purchased in the home end up until that point will be collated. The draw will take place shortly after the data has been collated. Therefore, the earlier you purchase your tickets, the more prize draws you will be entered into. 

Winners will be contacted by email.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/win-big-prizes-supporting-addicks

Prize 13 (how apt) If we win the game you'll get an invite to Burger Boy's leaving do.
     Well someones got to go :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    So whoever sanctioned this, must genuinely believe the promotion could see a sell out crowd/bumper crowd

I'd like to think when they see it doesn't, by about 12 thousand people at least, that they realise, they need to do something about our dropping attendances..
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Anyone got the music from Bullseye going on inside their head when reading those list of prizes? 
    aaaaand one
  • Options
    In fairness to him, I recall he had some medical problems (torn calf muscle ?), which meant he couldn’t get to the game - or maybe I am wrong 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    In fairness to him, I recall he had some medical problems (torn calf muscle ?), which meant he couldn’t get to the game - or maybe I am wrong 
    Pretty sure it was during lockdown so no one was at the game. The issue was that he wasn't even watching it on Charlton TV when they called him to give him the prize.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    If they genuinely think £20 tickets would mean thousands more people turn up (it won’t), why don’t they just make tickets £20 for all games 

They obviously don't think that. 
    If they thought that they wouldn't be offering prizes as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    NabySarr said:

I can't lie mate, a part of me thinks they do and they're a little out of touch? I'd like to be a fly on the wall for stuff like this.

Worth remembering this moment:  https://youtu.be/p4bORXW9xeU?si=dgXpgw1tIBLASBOx

It wouldn't surprise me him believing this promotion could pull in a bumper crowd..
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

I can't lie mate, a part of me thinks they do and they're a little out of touch? I'd like to be a fly on the wall for stuff like this.

Worth remembering this moment:  https://youtu.be/p4bORXW9xeU?si=dgXpgw1tIBLASBOx

It wouldn't surprise me him believing this promotion could pull in a bumper crowd..
    Sunderland went for the record league 1 attendance record in that doc and had a big campaign. Methven came across awfully and treated staff poorly 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Even with the prizes it’s laughable, a 1 in 12,000 chance of a prize isn’t going to add any more enticement than £5 off the ticket price. It’s going to have a marginal impact at best. If they include away tickets we might get a “reported attendance of 15,000” if we’re lucky 

If they actually wanted to make an impact, then pairing the prizes with kids for a quid or football for a fiver would have probably worked and got the kind of crowd they expect this to 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

He's only doing it to get his oxford mates in cheap in the away end
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Yes they may hope/believe that this promotion of £20 entrance, plus possible prizes will bring in a bumper crowd.

However, I was responding to the suggestion that the club may believe that a £20 entrance admission alone would bring thousands more people to The Valley every game.

My point being if they thought that there would be no need to offer prizes. 
  • Options
    This promo's a fine idea but they've just missed topping off the gag with the top prize.
    In the (obviously not a fart in a hurricane's) chance that tier 12 is reached the cash prize has to be £2024 doesn't it?
    Encouraging that there's thought put in to these areas again after a decade of neglect.

Let's be honest tho, we ain't likely to see anything above tier 4 are we?
    Even if we win all 5 league matches this month, Tier 6 and above are out of reach.
    Cheaper tickets always puts a few more on the attendance
    But £20 doesn't feel cheap does it?
    And the base level support has been eroded so far for so long that there really aren't too many floating voters left, they've all drifted away to Bluewater, parenthood and NordVPN.

• Options
    Do the levels include away fans ie total tickets sold or just home tickets sold?
    (I know the prizes are only for home fans). 
  • Options
    Do the levels include away fans ie total tickets sold or just home tickets sold?
    (I know the prizes are only for home fans). 
    A question for Jimmy Rodwell to give an answer to this Thursday night 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Sunderland went for the record league 1 attendance record in that doc and had a big campaign. Methven came across awfully and treated staff poorly 
    It was a shambles, I still won't forget all the stuff sunderland fans told us, I have a lot of time for Sunderland fans as they're a reasonable bunch. 

• Options
    NabySarr said:

Yes they may hope/believe that this promotion of £20 entrance, plus possible prizes will bring in a bumper crowd.

However, I was responding to the suggestion that the club may believe that a £20 entrance admission alone would bring thousands more people to The Valley every game.

My point being if they thought that there would be no need to offer prizes. 
    Fair enough mate. I wonder if as a good will gesture, even if they don't hit the targets they will do the giveaways regardless? 

Only downside will be, is that will be our transfer budget blown