Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Cheltenham Town : Tuesday 28th November 2023 : KO 19:45

So, we go again tonight, against Alfie's old mob Cheltenham Town with Carlisle Utd hopefully expunged from the memory, well, cast into the dark side at least, Cheltenham seemed to have shown a little bit of form lately, and we shall have to be on our game, because I can certainly see some attempt on their part to try and get under Alfie's skin.
Whilst I can see us getting the three points we so desperately need with Alfie helping to send them home empty handed, we must start with him in and around the box, and not wasted out in the wilderness that we saw Saturday, hopefully with a return to the lineup for Louis and TC.
I'm going for a clean sheet win 3-0 May (2) Leaburn...👍

Here we go again...

Michael Appleton has named an unchanged starting XI for this evening’s game against Cheltenham Town.

17-year-old Micah Mbick, who scored on his professional debut against Cray Valley PM earlier this month, is named in a league squad for the first time, replacing Terell Thomas on the bench.

The Addicks are expected to continue in a 4-3-3 formation with Tennai Watson, Michael Hector, Lloyd Jones and Tayo Edun starting in a back four in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Conor McGrandles and Scott Fraser join skipper George Dobson in midfield, behind a front three of Alfie May, Miles Leaburn and Corey Blackett-Taylor.

Mbick is joined on the bench by by Sam Walker, Nathan Asiimwe, Lucas Ness, Louie Watson, Tyreece Campbell and Slobodan Tedić.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Jones, Edun; Dobson (c), McGrandles, Fraser; May, Leaburn, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Walker, Asiimwe, Ness, L.Watson, T.Campbell, Tedić, Mbick

Congratulations on Mbick making it to the bench.....

Looks like it is Alfie on the right...again, but let's see

Comments

• Options
    No changes has surprised me... I thought the lack of subs on Saturday, was because there would be a few more changes tonight - Mbick over Kirk and Chem Campbell, says a lot
  • Options
    Hmmm. 

I usually agree with not chopping & changing and sticking with the same team....but only when that team is right in the first place.

Must be the big Valley crowd that is going to scare poor little Louis Watson. Just hope that experienced Fraser can find the front players & not their keeper tonight 🤔.

Cheltenham on a good run but CAFC don't lose many at home.

3-1. 
  • Options
    May hat trick incoming…
  • Options
    We need to score and not concede.
    Shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves regarding Cheltenham.
  • Options
    When they're expected to sit back in a low block, Watson would surely have been a good shout to start. 
  • Options
    Why doesn't Appleton rate Watson? Bizarre 
  • Options
    Scott Fraser is going to score two own goals, get sent off and relegate us. Wibble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe because he’s not our player…
  • Options
    Not going well for ourselves or our loanees this season is it?
  • Options
    Very surprised the same team starts, and expected changes, if only for fresh legs.

Baffled how Chem has been completely ostracized.
  • Options
    Rak-Sakyi wasn't either, or Cullen or Gallagher etc. If they're better, play them. 
  • Options
    We all need more Louie Watson in our team
  • Options
    Seems Andy Hunt has moved from South America to Amsterdam for work….no comment
  • Options
    In Apples we trust , I fancy we might steam roller these tonight 
  • Options
    Delighted for Mbick, great experience for him tonight. 
  • Options
    Very surprised the same team starts, and expected changes, if only for fresh legs.

I'm wondering if him and Appleton don't get on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Not a fan of May on the right in order to accommodate Fraser. I don't think Fraser is good enough to warrant restricting out best player in order to get him into the team.

Happy top Mbick get a chance. I do feel like Chem has been a bit hard done by though. He looked bright in his early season appearances and I thought he was pretty much the only one in the first Cray game who actually tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck, but he's been persona non-grata.

Hoping for a convincing win that will make Saturday's draw look a lot better. We can't really afford to drop any points in a game like this.
  • Options
    Apples seems to have settled on tonight's starters as his chosen regular few .. good to see he has faith in them and is seemingly prepared to let them develop as a unit .. at least I think so  :/

Come on youse Addicksaaaaahhhh 
  • Options

I'm wondering if him and Appleton don't get on
    I saw a suggestion recently that he’s been turning up late for training. Can’t remember where I saw it and wouldn’t assume it’s true, but he looked promising early on so it feels like there’s more to it than his ability.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Talk between Curbs and Browny about who they thought deserved better international recognition, agree regarding Rufus and Powell, but seem to remember Hales getting overlooked when I thought he deserved a call up, can't quite remember the year... 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Seems Andy Hunt has moved from South America to Amsterdam for work….no comment
    Only teasing, he’s a great feller. Legend. 
    Boo sucks M.E.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Always great to see Andy Hunt back - Such a shame he didnt get to make a comeback when he played for the Reserves a few years after his "injury"
  • Options
    Lovely to see Andy Hunt again.
  • Options
    See Andy Hunt is in The Valley tonight, nice catch up
  • Options
    I’d like to see Watson starting, but in place of which of the three?
    Dobson was off the pace on Saturday, but will probably be back on it today, McGrandles is improving with every game, and Fraser looks fitter than he did. 
    May starting on the right hasn’t been a massive problem so far, but had his first poor game v. Carlisle, but can’t see him having two in a row. 
    The spotlight’s on Miles, with some saying he looks fed up. I don’t agree that means he’s leaving in January - I think he’s quite a modest lad, who’s not on top form.

Vey happy that our full back problem looks like it might be a thing of the past. 
    Hope we beat Cheltenham, for the first time, I believe?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!