Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Carlisle United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 25th November 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

13»

Comments

• Carlisle in Nov probably meams no promotion this year which might well be correct. Tough game, long journey, well.earned point 1-1, but still not good enough sadly.
    Agree with this, went to 'like' bit realised I can't as it's too depressing. 
  • Hopefully by the end of the season Charlton folk will realize that Alfie May will be the fox in and around the box even if the big man Leaburn appears to be the central striker.
    Because Alfie is quicker than Miles he will be the most advanced in transition or counter attacks by the time the ball is in the box.
    It's a misnomer to say May is playing on the right.

Talking in the vernacular:

He's here, there, every fucking where, Alfie May.

Carlisle 0 Charlton 1
  • 3-0 win! 
    May plays off the right. Dobbo, McGrandles & Watson occupy the midfield. 
    2 weeks, 4 games, 9 points & into the third round. 
  • edited November 2023
    After hearing Pep talk about he's more likely to stay at City even if they are playing in League 1 next season (If the myriad of misdemeanors come to fruition) I would suggest that this season is the time to go up rather than wait for City and Chelsea (Abramovich's shocking tenure) to join the 3rd tier!
  • Hopefully by the end of the season Charlton folk will realize that Alfie May will be the fox in and around the box even if the big man Leaburn appears to be the central striker.
    Because Alfie is quicker than Miles he will be the most advanced in transition or counter attacks by the time the ball is in the box.

Carlisle 0 Charlton 1
    Is there any need for this patronising twaddle.
    We all have 2 eyes like you.
  • cabbles said:
    kafka said:
    Why are all these yanks spunkimg their cash on English rubbish football clubs. Gills and now Carlisle. Weird
    Because they are cheap in comparison to American clubs.
    I reckon a few have definitely jumped on the Ryan Reynolds bandwagon as well.  

In a few years, they'll realise it probably isn't the investment they thought it would be/get bored.  
    Once they find out where Carlisle actually is. Its one thing buying a club based in London its another buying one close to the border of Scotland with no major towns for miles. More sheep than people. 
  • After hearing Pep talk about he's more likely to stay at City even if they are playing in League 1 next season (If the myriad of misdemeanors come to fruition) I would suggest that this season is the time to go up rather than wait for City and Chelsea (Abramovich's shocking tenure) to join the 3rd tier!
    Obviously very very unlikely to happen. However, it would be a bizarre 2 weeks to play Man City, Chelsea, Port Vale, and Leyton Orient all in the league. 
  • What we really need is for the game to get postponed due to a frozen pitch (now & then again in february when its rearranged) and for it to be finally played towards the end of April. A win then & we get promoted.

Sadly that wont happen & I feel that we will be lose today due to their feel good takeover party. 

1-0.
  • What we really need is for the game to get postponed due to a frozen pitch (now & then again in february when its rearranged) and for it to be finally played towards the end of April. A win then & we get promoted.

Sadly that wont happen & I feel that we will be lose today due to their feel good takeover party. 

1-0.
    Not so sure the underperforming Carlisle players will be sharing that ‘feel good takeover party’ mood - new money comes in probably means some of them will be looking for new clubs
  • Sponsored links:

1-0.
    Does a takeover offer feel good factor for players? I understand yes for fans.

It’s not as if players suddenly have a new manager this weekend to achieve the general feel good. 

Carlisle 0 Charlton 1

Patronising 100% guilty but Twaddle never! 

Why do some fans keep saying May is playing on the wing  as when I watch I see him everywhere. 
  • edited November 2023
    that's a great picture. Any detail about the train and the route you're on? (& facing forward or back?)
  • kafka said:
    Why are all these yanks spunkimg their cash on English rubbish football clubs. Gills and now Carlisle. Weird
    Well I can remember when Carlise was sitting on the top spot of Division One. The number one club of the 92.

English rubbish football clubs(not so long ago)we could have fallen in that category.

New Owner bounce, large crowd and hostile 2-1 Carlise.
    Lol. Wasn’t that top after 3 games and finishing in relegation?
  • Will CBT do anything today or do we play with effectively 10 men away from home again 
  • Will CBT do anything today or do we play with effectively 10 men away from home again 
    Maybe depends if he has recovered from his injury 🙄
    Maybe depends if he has recovered from his injury 🙄
    If he hasn't, then he should not have played in the last game
  • edited November 2023
    McGrandles starts in place of Tyreece Campbell. And Fraser in place of Louie Watson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope fraser does well but I'd have preferred Watson 
  • Match Thread up...
  • kafka said:
    Well I can remember when Carlise was sitting on the top spot of Division One. The number one club of the 92.

English rubbish football clubs(not so long ago)we could have fallen in that category.

New Owner bounce, large crowd and hostile 2-1 Carlise.
    Lol. Wasn’t that top after 3 games and finishing in relegation?
    Steady, Jimmy.

We did exactly that ourselves just a few years later  

@jimmymelrose
    Well played again CBT.
    Excellent goal. 
    POTY candidate. 

Carlisle 0 Charlton 1

Patronising 100% guilty but Twaddle never! 

Why do some fans keep saying May is playing on the wing  as when I watch I see him everywhere. 
    After reading some of the post match quotes I am inclined to agree with you!
    Criticism withdrawn  :)