Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Carlisle United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 25th November 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    kafka said:
    Why are all these yanks spunkimg their cash on English rubbish football clubs. Gills and now Carlisle. Weird
    Weird meaning unique?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It would be pure Charlton to lose this one.

I believe there are chinks of light fighting their way through the fog of a shambolic last decade.

Heart says 1-3

Charlton reality says 1-0
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Why are all these yanks spunkimg their cash on English rubbish football clubs. Gills and now Carlisle. Weird
    Because they are cheap in comparison to American clubs.
  • Options
    3-1 win
  • Options
    A few teams above us are playing each other, so good opportunity to gain points on some, even if we can only jump one place at best.

Portsmouth (1) v Blackpool (8)
    Lincoln (9) v Barnsley (6)
    Derby (7) v Bristol Rovers (10)
  • Options
    daveroan said:
    Can’t leave McGrandles out surely- he and Watson worked so well. 
    Brewer
    asiimwe, ness,Jones,edun
    watson l,McGrandles, dobson
    campbell, may, Blackett-Taylor 
    Watson and Dobson is tried and tested - not sure we’ve lost many when they’ve started.  May’s goals have largely arrived when playing with another striker 
  • Options
    I hope for Carlisle's sake that their exciting new era is slightly more promising than our previous seven.

I will be tuning in from sunny Sri Lanka mostly to enjoy the spectacle of sub-arctic weather.

2-3  (May hat-trick offsets two Hector cock-ups)

• Options
    I hope for Carlisle's sake that their exciting new era is slightly more promising than our previous seven.

I will be tuning in from sunny Sri Lanka mostly to enjoy the spectacle of sub-arctic weather.

2-3  (May hat-trick offsets two Hector cock-ups)

Swop?
  • Options
    A few teams above us are playing each other, so good opportunity to gain points on some, even if we can only jump one place at best.

Portsmouth (1) v Blackpool (8)
    Lincoln (9) v Barnsley (6)
    Derby (7) v Bristol Rovers (10)
    These predictions look a bit high scoring!
    Either of the last two trumps our 7-6 so the gods of football will ensure they don’t happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting game Carlisle don’t score many but for a team where they are they don’t concede that many either . They had some really good results Bolton stands out and it took Pompey till injury time to beat them so it’s not going to be easy plus there going to be on a high with the takeover this week .. think we will sneek it 1-2 
  • Options
    It's one of those games that we could win. On the other hand, it's one of those where we could lose. Of course, it could be a draw. I'm not going to sit on the fence about this. Sitting on a fence sounds painful. Why would I do that when I haven't got to go much further north, and I can sit on a wall, Hadrian's Wall. That's my prediction for the week.
  • Options
    Think we will have to be satisfied with a battling draw ..which won't be the end of the world 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Think we will have to be satisfied with a battling draw ..which won't be the end of the world 
    We're playing a team who have won 3 times all season and are in the relegation zone, zero chance of any success this season if we are satisfied with a draw.

I do think it will be a tough game though, but will go 1-0 us
  • Options
    kafka said:
    I reckon a few have definitely jumped on the Ryan Reynolds bandwagon as well.  

In a few years, they'll realise it probably isn't the investment they thought it would be/get bored.  
  • Options
    kafka said:
    For some reason I can't think of right now, since 2016 there's been a notable drive of US interests buying up UK assets 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    I don't know, but I'd like to put it out there that I have a bridge for sale. It's in the centre of London and it goes up and down...
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0 not much happening to warm the customers.
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Exchange rate favouring the dollar also adds to the attraction. 
  • Options
    2-1
    swept aside by the American wave of feel good 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    You can either stump up half a billion to have a MLS club. Or start in the US lower leagues and probably go bust after playing in front of crowds of sub 500 for two or three years.

In that context, no surprise they are buying up clubs in the U.K. and Europe.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    As for the game tomorrow…

0-2 with another Alfie goal, as Appleton’s Addicks continue marching towards top six.
  • Options
    1-3, CBT and an Alfie double
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Well I can remember when Carlise was sitting on the top spot of Division One. The number one club of the 92.

English rubbish football clubs(not so long ago)we could have fallen in that category.

New Owner bounce, large crowd and hostile 2-1 Carlise.
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton. Leaburn and May. 

Will be a tough one I think!
  • Options
    1-3, May hattrick inspired by Mbick and Casey midweek, yet still not convinced on us keeping a clean sheet. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Carlisle in Nov probably meams no promotion this year which might well be correct. Tough game, long journey, well.earned point 1-1, but still not good enough sadly.