Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possible fine for Charlton & Pompey….

2»

Comments

• I was down the front and there were 5-10 items thrown. All I could think was that the keeper was lucky it was Charlton fans, many others would have done far worse (not that I am condoning throwing stuff).
    What a bizarre comment 
    I should have clarified that with the 5-10 items I saw thrown they appeared to be wine gums/sweets, so whilst it is clearly not appropriate to throw anything - it wasn't stuff that was going to hurt the guy.

If he did those horseshit antics 5 metres in front of many teams away fans it would have been coins or things far more likely to cause harm and hence worse.
    Think of his blood sugar levels
  • edited November 2023
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    cblock said:
    And the referee would have done what?
    Yellow or red card.
    The referee claimed not to see it, he was hardly likely to change his mind if Dobson told him
    If only the goalkeeper had been holding the ball and the Ref, assistant ref/linesman and 4th official had been watching that because that’s where the play was happening…

if there is an enquiry those 3 should eached be asked why they weren’t watching the play
  • Crusty54 said:
    What came first,  the keeper being a bellend or the bellends throwing stuff at the keeper 
    The Charlton captain should have reported the keeper to the referee.

Didn't May kick out at their keeper for him to collapse the second time. I mean it was absolutely nothing and a dive by the keeper but I reckon if the ref had seen it then May would have been in trouble anyway.
  • edited November 2023
    Crusty54 said:
    What came first,  the keeper being a bellend or the bellends throwing stuff at the keeper 

Didn't May kick out at their keeper for him to collapse the second time. I mean it was absolutely nothing and a dive by the keeper but I reckon if the ref had seen it then May would have been in trouble anyway.
    From behind the goal it looked like May had put his foot out to try and intercept or block the ball if the keeper was going to clear it. Even from our angle it looked like there was daylight between May and Norris and a delayed reaction before he rolled over, hence May and the away end’s spontaneous reaction. He had the ball in his hands so even if all the match officials weren’t watching the play the cameras surely must have been.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Sir, sir, can you tell him.
  • Crusty54 said:

May made an attempt at kicking the ball, which the keeper had just picked up, as May brought his foot down he caught the edge of the keeper’s foot. He then went down clutching his shin.