Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possible fine for Charlton & Pompey….

For our lot throwing objects onto the pitch/ their keeper. As reported in the Portsmouth Echo

Comments

• Options
    Despite the keeper being a dick, why would (should) Pompey get fined? 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    For our lot throwing objects onto the pitch/ their keeper. As reported in the Portsmouth Echo

What was thrown onto the pitch?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Didn’t say. Said something was handed to the referee
  • Options
    Safety is responsibility of the home club I presume 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

look like vapes
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Safety is responsibility of the home club I presume 
    I think you are right, but what can they realistically do to stop away fans being dicks and throwing things that have been legally taken into the ground?

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The Echo also mentioned that was Pompeys biggest home crowd since Southampton in 2011
    The ‘Scummers’ to be given their correct title, so I’m told.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely a vape 
  • Options
    I was down the front and there were 5-10 items thrown. All I could think was that the keeper was lucky it was Charlton fans, many others would have done far worse (not that I am condoning throwing stuff).
  • Options
    I was down the front and there were 5-10 items thrown. All I could think was that the keeper was lucky it was Charlton fans, many others would have done far worse (not that I am condoning throwing stuff).
    What a bizarre comment 
  • Options
    What a bizarre comment 
    I should have clarified that with the 5-10 items I saw thrown they appeared to be wine gums/sweets, so whilst it is clearly not appropriate to throw anything - it wasn't stuff that was going to hurt the guy.

If he did those horseshit antics 5 metres in front of many teams away fans it would have been coins or things far more likely to cause harm and hence worse.
  • Options
    What a bizarre comment 
    I should have clarified that with the 5-10 items I saw thrown they appeared to be wine gums/sweets, so whilst it is clearly not appropriate to throw anything - it wasn't stuff that was going to hurt the guy.

If he did those horseshit antics 5 metres in front of many teams away fans it would have been coins or things far more likely to cause harm and hence worse.
    We don't carry cash anymore. These days we'd just run on the pitch and tap him with our cards.
    Is that why they are called swipe cards :)
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The Echo also mentioned that was Pompeys biggest home crowd since Southampton in 2011
    'only here for the Charlton' 

'2-2, on your big day out'

Etc

Don't mind the Pompey lot, one of the games I am actually excited about at the Valley coming up for the rest of the season.

And of course our Historical tie against Sutton to determine if we progress in the Bristol Street Motors cup, history at its finest 
  • Options
    What a bizarre comment 

I mean we have people saying at least one vape was thrown, which is not going to be much fun if it hits you.
  • Options
    Definitely a vape 
    That breaks Elf & Safety rules….
  • Options
    What a bizarre comment 

Thought thermos flasks and train timetables were bad, but wine gums is utterly embarrassing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Throwing anything at a player on the pitch is an offence.

If the FA take it as something they want to stamp out perhaps a ban from an away fixture might work.
  • Options
    What came first,  the keeper being a bellend or the bellends throwing stuff at the keeper 
  • Options
    Bring back spanners!
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Throwing anything at a player on the pitch is an offence.

If the FA take it as something they want to stamp out perhaps a ban from an away fixture might work.
    Not exactly, throwing a 'missile' is an offence.  

• Options
    What a bizarre comment 

We don't carry cash anymore. These days we'd just run on the pitch and tap him with our cards.
    Speak for yourself. 
  • Options
    What came first,  the keeper being a bellend or the bellends throwing stuff at the keeper 
    The Charlton captain should have reported the keeper to the referee.
  • Options
    And the referee would have done what?
  • Options
    Spat his wine gum at him
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Yellow or red card.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    cblock said:
    Yellow or red card.
    The referee claimed not to see it, he was hardly likely to change his mind if Dobson told him