Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray away - was that the toughest game to get tickets for ?

I can’t recall such a restricted allocation, I know Luton away when they had the away fan ban was always fun trying to get around. Covid lockdown obviously had non fans and then reduced capacities. But I can’t recall a game before with such limited tickets … 

Comments

• Options
    I I think Bolton’s final game ever at Burnden Park we had very few tickets for, but equally there was very little demand to go with it. Anyone remember that?
  • Options
    Orient on Boxing Day will be a similar issue as we’ll only get 1,200
  • Options
    That will be popular, but over 900 more tickets than tonight 
  • Options
    I I think Bolton’s final game ever at Burnden Park we had very few tickets for, but equally there was very little demand to go with it. Anyone remember that?
    Went to the game, our seats were in a tent.
  • Options
    I can’t recall such a restricted allocation, I know Luton away when they had the away fan ban was always fun trying to get around. Covid lockdown obviously had non fans and then reduced capacities. But I can’t recall a game before with such limited tickets … 
    Company I worked for had a box at Luton during the time of the ban so I used to volunteer to host customers so I could attend. You are so close to the pitch it felt like you could lean over and steal the ball when they took a throw in! Always amused me on the rare occasions we scored up there how many pockets of Charlton fans appeared all round the ground much to the disgust of the locals.
  • Options
    It was the tiny allocation, the novelty of playing such a local match that probably makes it the hardest ever. 

That being said, I was in tears when my dad couldn’t get us tickets for Man Utd away in the Cup in the mid-90’s (I was about 8).
  • Options
    So we sold out whole allocation yet only 250 people actually turnt up. 
  • Options
    I saw faces on the TV who I know would have nowhere near enough points to qualify
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Return to the Valley game tickets were hard to get as we had no way of proving we had been attending at Selhurst ended up with tickets in the south stand but didn’t know we had them until they arrived two days before the match.
  • Options
    Felt like there was more than 250 crammed in to that space. Feel sorry for those who couldn't really see much 
  • Options
    I saw faces on the TV who I know would have nowhere near enough points to qualify
    Me and my lad benefited from the Valley Gold aspect. Don’t agree with it myself, though it helped me on this occasion. There weren’t too many of us actual fans who bothered with the game at The Valley so feel a bit more comfortable about that. 
  • Options
    Remember meeting a guy in a Luton pub who was a Charlton fan, handing out memberships to people, he was local IIRC.
    Was set up beforehand by a friend of a friend, I was a girl called Gemma from Luton 😂
  • Options
    Strangely, I personally recognised more fans in 280 last night than the 2,100 at Pompey on Saturday!
    I'd say the same from watching on TV. I saw lots of faces from away games over the decades and felt pleased it was them who got the tickets. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Trains don’t normally run on Boxing Day so it may not be as popular as it would on on normal day. Probably best to give ticket allocation priority to those fans that live in an area that has tube or TFL train access for this one 
    Why on earth would you do that? Ludicrous idea. Give ticket priority to those who have the away history as normal and let them decide how and if they can get themselves there like for any other game! 
    But then they’d go to people who follow Charlton all over the country, that’s hardly a good eco friendly message to be seen encouraging is it ? Sorry but Post Code priority allocation for Boxing Day would be far better. 
    Phase 1: 600 points and Valley Gold Plus Proof of a recent Utility bill and Oyster Card or Freedom pass
    Actually, now you mention it, priority could go to those with a TFL Freedom Pass
  • Options
    Me and my lad benefited from the Valley Gold aspect. Don’t agree with it myself, though it helped me on this occasion. There weren’t too many of us actual fans who bothered with the game at The Valley so feel a bit more comfortable about that. 
    Didn’t bother me one bit mate, good luck to them - had I really fancied it I probably could’ve sorted something. Funnily enough a few I recognised were in the home end 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had to explain to my Spurs season ticket holding other half, who headphones norm was when I saw him and mentioned his name.
  • Options
    Went to the game, our seats were in a tent.
    In front of a supermarket!
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers only giving 700 to away fans this season, but with it being a Friday night over Christmas imagine that won’t be an issue to get one compared to a 3PM Saturday.
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    Return to the Valley game tickets were hard to get as we had no way of proving we had been attending at Selhurst ended up with tickets in the south stand but didn’t know we had them until they arrived two days before the match.
    That's the only home game I've missed because I couldn't get a ticket. 
    Been a season ticket holder ever since. 
    It still passes me of that I missed what was an historic match .
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Remember meeting a guy in a Luton pub who was a Charlton fan, handing out memberships to people, he was local IIRC.
    Was set up beforehand by a friend of a friend, I was a girl called Gemma from Luton 😂
    that was probably my old man, one year of the away fan ban he literally sorted out loads of people
  • Options
    Will definitely sell out but wouldn't even be surprised to see that go to general sale with no trains and people away over xmas
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    clb74 said:
    Does make me laugh all this away ticket lark.
    If you get a season ticket every season and do roughly 6 away games on average over a season,  you will get a ticket if we have a 600 allocation.
    I've only got Valley Gold, so if I miss out that's on me.
    Makes me laugh the amount of people who do 2 aways a season and think it's their god given to get a ticket to somewhere with only a 1000 allocation.
    Yeah exactly. 595 loyalty points were needed for our most in demand game relative to allocation. That's 13/46 away games if  you have a ST or even less if you attend cup home games
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    That was me, I was in Welwyn Garden City at the time,  still have a couple of those plastic membership cards in the loft. It was a shit pub though from memory.
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers only giving 700 to away fans this season, but with it being a Friday night over Christmas imagine that won’t be an issue to get one compared to a 3PM Saturday.
    They've been given planning permission for their new half built stand. Not sure how quickly it will take to finish it.